Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

Please help me with shocks....

616 views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  rynz3s 
#1 ·
I cant get no answers and I cant find nothing in the search, what type of aftermarket shocks do you guys got? I got the ECS,but have no problem in loosing it, anyone have a 2wd car with ECS and running with Bliestens?
Jay.

#3 ·
Yeah I got my KYB G-2 off ebay for pretty cheap, alot less than i could find anywhere else. Put them with my eibach lowering springs from 3sx and worked out pretty well. But i would def check for the struts on Ebay for your best price. Only thing that sucked was the install. Took a min. to figure the suspension out but after that it was pretty simple.

#4 ·
What do you meen when you say losing it? Is this at high speed or just pushing it a little in a corner. These cars can be upgraded from stock. But losing it sounds more like a broken rear link. Paint me a picture, (verbal) so I can see what it is that you are having a problem with. Even bad shocks would not cause that. Wall-mart tires will. You may have a safty issue.:eek:

#5 ·
He just meant that he does not mind replacing the stock struts with aftermarket ones...;)

#7 ·
Yeah problem with bliestens are that they dont make a shock for 2WD with ECS. I ended up buying 2 new front ESC front shocks from the mitsi dealer, 130.00 a shock aint bad. I called the parts store here in Niagara Falls, Ontario. and asked them how much for a strut is for my car, the quoted me a monro strut for 200.00 a piece, I laughed. stock ECS struts are way cheaper.

#8 ·
I got it now, After reading it again. Yah!! Do I feel stupid. I better lay off the coffee for a while. Thanks:(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.