Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

Engine mount question

528 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  ssman923 
#1 ·
Well new to the whole engine mount stands and i picked one up today not hundred percent sure what all needed to make it work. The only thing I am wondering about are the bolts that you bolt to the block/flywheel area to hold your engine to the stand. Like what kind do I get or what I am not really even sure what to ask

#2 ·
i jus put my sohc on a stand a few days ago. n it was no easy job wen ur by urself n u dont have a cherry picker. wat i did was take a bolt out of the transmission say the one at the very top its gonna be a shorter one. then i took a bolt out that is on the side on the tranny its a longer one that goes through block first n threads into tranny. i then went to sears hardware n bought two replica bolts of the smaller one. you have to make sure there long enough to slide through the mount arm so i would reccomend u take one of the mount arms with you. also make sure the bolts have same thread pitch u dont wnt to re thread ur block. then with the longer bolts i jus grabbed two bolts long enough to slide throu block n mount arm n then got matching nuts. ull wnt to make sure u get strong enought bolts to hold you engine. u dont wnt it falling. u will also wnt to make sure u remove the tranny guide pins located on each side of the block. i ended mounting two arms at the two top holes of the block n two arms at each end of the block.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.