Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

91 Dodge Stealth turns over wont start,...HELP!!!

4K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Red92vr4 
#1 ·
I just bought a 91 Stealth that turns over but when u release to drive it dies. It wasnt pumping much fuel to the engine so i got a new fuel pump, it pumps now but still wont start. :mad: If you feed fuel directly to the engine it starts for a few then dies. I put new spark plugs, new battery, new ignition coil, new fuel pump, new distributor. I was told it might be the computer? Help Please!!!! If anyone has a computer for a 91 dodge stealth for sale I would be interested. :confused:

#2 ·
First check if it is the computer. Behind the stereo there is an ECU, take it out and open it up. Check the big round capacitors; leaky capacitors would have puddles of this brown nasty substance around them. If everything looks clean and dry, then it is probably not your computer's fault.

The symptoms you described sound like a bad ECU. If your capacitors are bad, there is someone on the board who can replace them for you for a price much lower than even a used ECU would cost.

#3 ·
Try unplugging your MAF, see if it runs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.