Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

Where to buy +.25mm Clevite rod bearings

589 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  92RTTT 
#1 ·
Clevite part # CB-1411P +.25mm rod bearing for the 6g72

douchebags at autozone ordered them for me but didnt tell me that they actually ordered beck-arney bearings instead. Then they claimed that their vendor doesnt carry the real clevite part I ordered (which they didnt tell me when I prepaid). They also claim that clevite probably doesnt make the part anymore. I dont believe that though. Their main hub store still has 4 in stock and no more possible. Anyways Im pretty unhappy with that.

Is there a 6g72 vendor who sells these bearings or someone else I can go to? Im going to be calling other local retailers tomorrow but I might run into the same excuses.

If i cant get this part, what is a trusted 6g72 +.25mm trimetal rodbearing to use instead?

#2 ·
might actually check with an engine or crank shop.
Thats where I got my bearings mains and rods for $70

-jon

#5 ·
cbehnken said:
Jesus that's grinding the shit out of the crank!
Um, thats the least you can grind it to.

#6 ·
markoverclock said:
i have that set pm me how does 50 plus shipping sound?
Im going to look around tomorrow. My preference is to buy them first from a store (so I dont have to wait another week), then a 3/s vendor, then maybe an individual.

I saw that 3sx is selling them but they are marked up 20%

My machine shop didnt have a set (he was surprised) so he just gave me the part number. I have been getting to much from them for almost nothing (just recently resized a rod and turned my crank for 40 bucks) so I want to avoid bothering them unless I need stuff worked on.

#7 ·
Ondontii said:
Im going to look around tomorrow. My preference is to buy them first from a store (so I dont have to wait another week), then a 3/s vendor, then maybe an individual.

I saw that 3sx is selling them but they are marked up 20%

My machine shop didnt have a set (he was surprised) so he just gave me the part number. I have been getting to much from them for almost nothing (just recently resized a rod and turned my crank for 40 bucks) so I want to avoid bothering them unless I need stuff worked on.
pm me if you need them shipping should be cheap to lower48 i can 3 day it.

#8 ·
Found the clevites at checker/kragen/schucks for $38 including tax.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.