Panda v3 (FINALLY) 600whp in sight! TD05, AEM, 91/C16+Meth, etc! - Page 6 - 3000GT/Stealth International Message Center
3000GT/Stealth International 3000GT/Stealth International

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   3000GT/Stealth International Message Center > Modifications and Technical Support > Engine - Turbo

3SI.org is the premier Mitsubishi 3000GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2017, 06:51 PM   #51 (permalink)
SDSU Alumnus

Drives: Panda VR-4 & RX-8
bboyalan Level 1bboyalan Level 1bboyalan Level 1
Feedback Score: 43 reviews
Default Re: Panda v3 (FINALLY) 600whp in sight! TD05, AEM, 91/C16+Meth, etc!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougal View Post
Hi Bboyalan,

Quick question about the coating you used for your piping, manifolds and exhaust system.

What is the name of it and did it require any baking to make it cure properly?
Hey there!

The manifolds and o2 housings are cerakote-coated 2000*F; the plenum and valve covers were powdercoated wrinkle black; the ETS intercooler kit was already coated from the factory. I would have had the DP and rest of the exhaust cerakote-coated too, but maybe next time. It really made a nice difference on Dustin's '96 R/T TT. But yes, baking the material into the metal for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwdtank8 View Post
I know we have access to a lot of parts thanks to 3sx, but I would like to add a question concerning what you said about the scarcity of "certain," parts. Is there anything the 3s community can do as a whole to keep these cars up and running? In short, make the attempt to fabricate "certain," parts that we may all have trouble finding on the market nowadays.

Secondly, I have read a few articles on Stealth316, good information. I was just asking the previous questions because I would like to turbocharge my SL one day but I am reluctant to do so because of the extra maintenance that would be added. I don't race, just love this platform in addition to my driving addiction.

Lastly, does dodge still sell oem parts for the stealth?
The best thing I can say is to support the vendors that actually do R&D and go out of their way to continuously stock up parts for us. I usually pay the extra to do this knowing very well the inevitable. You can absolutely perform a TT conversion on your SL without worrying if done correctly and properly. If you do not race and just enjoy driving spiritedly, then I would say that you do not have much to worry about. If anything, the extra [optional] item is a converted TT Getrag trans since the N/A units do not hold up as well. Keep it at wastegate level and enjoy the increased performance until you fully decide on what route you really want to take.

'92 VR-4 - Panda v.3 build featuring AEM EMS S2, MHI EVO3 16G's, and race/methanol goodness
v.2 previously: est. 550AWHP VD U/C with Phantoms @24-25psi on Pump-E85, BC264's, and GReddy EMU
"There are no secrets better kept than the secrets that everybody guesses."
bboyalan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2017, 07:24 PM   #52 (permalink)
All-motor/NA

Drives: 92 3000GT SL
fwdtank8 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by bboyalan View Post
The best thing I can say is to support the vendors that actually do R&D and go out of their way to continuously stock up parts for us. I usually pay the extra to do this knowing very well the inevitable. You can absolutely perform a TT conversion on your SL without worrying if done correctly and properly. If you do not race and just enjoy driving spiritedly, then I would say that you do not have much to worry about. If anything, the extra [optional] item is a converted TT Getrag trans since the N/A units do not hold up as well. Keep it at wastegate level and enjoy the increased performance until you fully decide on what route you really want to take.
So I have read. I just want to keep the car at a street level. Thanks for the information. Will keep these thoughts in mind. Great pictures by the way.
fwdtank8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2017, 12:59 AM   #53 (permalink)
Verified Seller

Drives: 1992 3000gt vr4
ThatOneVr4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews

Sounds goog! I'll keep an eye out for the new vids! The panda is going to be a beast!

Old 05-17-2017, 03:53 PM   #54 (permalink)
SDSU Alumnus

Just a couple of pictures and one clip from the last few days. I have many small details that I still need to iron out and wrap up, but the AEM tuning has been going well thus far; timing synced without issue and all of the PLX inputs are working except for MAP despite adjusting the factors. I took a gamble with this Jacks-built transaxle with the Quaife front LSD. It shifts smoothly but has a slight leak at the output shaft seal. I am going to try using MT-90 instead of 85 to see if that helps any before either sending out my spare Kormex-built unit for overhaul or simply purchasing another complete assembly.

Video Clip of light free-revving << still needs fine-tuning and tending to details underhood

PLX gauges demonstration << I have five but am considering tying in the last three modules into the third gauge for simplicity and cleanliness

I should have a clip of my push-start button today lol... trying to extract the most life remaining in my ignition key cylinder =P

-ALan
Old 05-18-2017, 12:07 PM   #55 (permalink)
Forum Member

Drives: 1992 vr4/1997 vr4
leadfoot is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

God I love the sound of lifter tick in the morning!
leadfoot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2017, 01:03 PM   #56 (permalink)
SDSU Alumnus

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadfoot View Post
God I love the sound of lifter tick in the morning!
lol I have always had 3mm lash adjusters; even those can still tick. Due to time restraints, I did not want to clean, bleed, and install them onto this motor. They will go onto my spare, virgin block when I build it eventually.

A rattling TOB is way more annoying, IMO.
Old 05-19-2017, 03:04 AM   #57 (permalink)
SDSU Alumnus

A small but favorable addition haha:

Push start button <<
Old 05-19-2017, 11:33 AM   #58 (permalink)
Verified Seller

Drives: 1992 3000gt vr4
ThatOneVr4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews

I got the PLX wideband love it...but having problems getting the correct bosch wideband sensor to connect with the correct connector. Has a different plug...

I just now ordered the 4.9 connector from PLX so that way it will connect with the 4.9 bosch sensor. I'm not sure what the previous owner of the PLX wideband kit had put together but the connector the for 4.9 bosch sensor is a different connector...

I'll be selling a brand new bosch 4.9 sensor here in the next week...lol I have 2 bnib.
ThatOneVr4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2017, 06:34 PM   #59 (permalink)
Ray
Forum Member

Drives: 1996 3000GT VR-4
Ray is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 90 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by bboyalan View Post
A small but favorable addition haha:

Push start button <<
That push button definitely makes it an official race car!!! LOL
Good to see it progressing.
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2017, 03:04 AM   #60 (permalink)
SDSU Alumnus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatOneVr4 View Post
I got the PLX wideband love it...but having problems getting the correct bosch wideband sensor to connect with the correct connector. Has a different plug...

I just now ordered the 4.9 connector from PLX so that way it will connect with the 4.9 bosch sensor. I'm not sure what the previous owner of the PLX wideband kit had put together but the connector the for 4.9 bosch sensor is a different connector...

I'll be selling a brand new bosch 4.9 sensor here in the next week...lol I have 2 bnib.
Ah, yes, the newest ones are indeed different. Back when I had an Innovate for my MX-5 Miata, I would just buy from a local auto parts store that offered warranty. Exchanges were hassle-free. It is good to have one or two spares though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray View Post
That push button definitely makes it an official race car!!! LOL
Good to see it progressing.
Haha just wait until I am done with all of the smaller details... just keeping my fingers crossed that everything works out well in the end. I am still undecided if I will attend or even take her to MOD this year even though I really should.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

3000GT/Stealth International Message Center > Modifications and Technical Support > Engine - Turbo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 3000GT/Stealth International Message Center forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Free email addresses do not work(yahoo, hotmail, gmail,...)
We are currently being blocked by AOL so any AOL based address may not work(aol.com, aim.com, netscape.net, cs.com)
Email Address:
Real Name(First & Last)
(Required/Hidden)
Mailing Address(Street)
(Required/Hidden)
City
(Required/Hidden)
State
(Required/Hidden)
Zip
(Required/Hidden)
Country
(Required/Hidden)
Date of Birth
Your date of birth and age are displayed in several places on the forum. Only the administrator will have access to your date of birth should you choose to hide it via the privacy option below.
Month Day Year

Privacy

Log-in

Random Question