Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

New DR750 owner-- guess the dyno!

85K views 536 replies 80 participants last post by  kywhitelightning 
#1 · (Edited)
Okay guys the day is almost here! For those of you who may not know- I bought a 1992 VR4 in Vegas and I am now only a day and a half from being able to FINALLY drive it. I have been waiting patiently for my baby and in the process of waiting I have spoiled her with goodies.

I will only have my car for a good week before turning it into the masterminds that are FSR Motorsports and allow them to create my dream vehicle. With that in mind, and running off of Benson's dyno post, I am wondering what you guys think the final WHP will be.

P.S. there will be a prize for the person who is closest to the end WHP.

The mods:

3.1l engine
DR750 turbos w/ wastegate actuators
3S Pro EFI 128 ECU (tuned by the amazing trio at FSR Motorsports)
IBoost Controller w/ boost control solenoids
E85 with flex fuel
Walbro 400lph
FIC 1100cc High Z injectors
HKS DLI
NGK spark plugs/wires
Southbend Stage 3 clutch
Intake
3 in DP/exhaust
HKS BOV
92.5MM Weisco pistons
Brian Crower H Beam Rods
Forged Crank

What do you guys think?

Enjoy.

See less See more
#40 ·
Please post dyno sheet so we can compare rpm to hp/torque with the old style. I think you will be the first to post dyno of the new 750's. Ill say 596 awhp.

#47 ·
Update: So I picked up the car in Vegas on the 7th and within an hour of having the car, a couple was waiting at my car asking to purchase it. I laughed and told them that I only owned it for an hour. Needless to say my baby was better than expected. I drove it around all day and fell in love completely. It surprisingly drove from Vegas to LA perfectly on a little more than 3/4 of a gas tank (better than I thought). So, I was able to have fun on the road before turning the car in on Tuesday... and I miss my baby. Tuesday I woke up and drove to the smog inspection to see if it can pass the notoriously hard test.... and once again it impressed me. It passed with flying colors and is now in the possession of FSR. The engine will be arriving the beginning of next week along with the turbos so the project will officially be starting. It will take about two months... so now I wait. I cannot wait to take my baby home!

#48 ·
After reading that magical experience, I have no doubt in my mind that this car can achieve....

Congrats on your purchase :D

Hug yours like I did mine the first night it was in my driveway......

#50 ·
676AWHP. I'm hoping you get to push it to 35 psi or a little more if the turbos have it in them. Nobody seems to push them past 30 psi or at least I didn't think Ray went one or two psi past there on his 650AWHP dyno. It'll make a lot of power. I'm waiting for someone to go for broke that wants the numbers and has the pockets for it too.

#51 ·
dont you think his injectors are to small?

#54 ·
So, for those of you interested, I did a dyno for before and after results.
The engine is completely stock with just a K&N Filter.

The car is at FSR Motorsports awaiting the engine to clear customs-- once that happens, the engine will be shipped to FSR (within a week) and the project will OFFICIALLY begin.

I gave FSR Motorsports the permission to PUSH IT and see what kind of power this set up can take. I am just throwing this out there, but what do you guys think the maximum PSI should be, roughly?

Excited -- and patiently waiting!

I will keep you all updated.

#55 ·
I'm sure they'll support 35 psi. Not sure if there will be any left after that or if they'll be making power still at that boost. It's uncharted ground still. You'll run out of injector before you get there unless the base fuel pressure is increased. I'm sure the hotwired Walbro 416 will be at its limits too without a BAP.

#58 ·
I glanced over and missed which clutch you were running. I have an old Spec 3+ but am putting a SB Stage 4 FE in when I pull the transmission. If you look at any links for the SB Stage 3 clutches, both OFE and DXD, you will see it says the rated torque capacity is 590 ft-lbs. They rate them at the crank also not the wheels so I'm sure around 22 psi or so on a good day you'll probably have problems with the clutch slipping. South Bend Clutch OFE Series Stage 3 K622OFE3 (K622OFE3) - Ninja Performance - Affordable

#60 ·
I'm going to shoot for 650AWHP one way or another for the first stage of the build. I think I can get by at 30 psi for now on the stock motor. I will be installing the flashed ecu for more fine tuning of the fuel, timing, and knock tables. I will still keep conservative timing. If I can push it to 35 psi I will try it. The worst that could happen is I blow the motor. Given I've driven at 26-28 psi for the past 7-8 months without any problems thus far it's always a thought in the back of my head that each time I drive it may be the last for the motor. It doesn't really bother me. I wanted to push my ability.

If it doesn't make it before I get numbers I'm not exactly sure what I will do. I need to get some on a 3.0L since it's uncharted with these MTC turbos so I could always refresh everything or go ahead and install the 3.5L stroker, DR Stage III heads, 272 cams, UR gears, Itallo billet oil pump gears, IPS racing oil pan, etc I've had waiting in storage if or when I could do a 700-800+AWHP build. At this point it will be the drivetrain upgrade, dyno and track numbers, motor upgrade, maybe some more dyno and track numbers, and then a bigger TD05, T3, or single turbo upgrade provided I have the funds for the rest of the supporting mods which will take some time to acquire.

The SB Stage 4 clutch is only going to last as far as I'm going to be able to push it which once I upgrade past TD04s I won't be able to go much further than I'm at now. If I would have had $2200 to drop on a twin disk clutch I definitely would have bought it for my future upgrades. I would probably recommend upgrading your clutch unless you want to see how far it will take you, then drop the transmission again to do an upgrade. I think both Matt and Ray ran the 6-puck RPS Max clutch 680 ft-lb when they made north of 600AWHP and not the street disc version 580 ft-lb.

#61 ·
Nice-- sounds like a great setup! Wish the best of luck! As far as the clutch goes-- the Southbend Stage 3 was picked to give me a better daily-driving experience. With that being said, there is an Endurance version of the Stage 3 which holds up to 690 tq, but it may not be as pleasurable to drive on a daily basis. On that note, does anyone know how the clutch feels as a daily driver-- and would anyone recommend that clutch on a daily-driven vehicle? It says that it's designed for the track: South Bend 3000GT / Stealth Stage 3 "Endurance" Clutch Kit

#62 ·
For street and big power, you need a nice twin or triple disc. The SB 4FE is as good as it gets for smooth street use and big power while being a single disc.

Jason

#68 ·
Thank you. I will be ordering that clutch today. As far as fuel goes, what should I consider in order to push the turbos? I currently have the e85 compatible walbro 400- should I upgrade to the 416 and will that suffice? I have read many great things about the FIC 1100 high z so I am sure that they may be good enough (there was a 750whp porsche with them on e85). Looking forward to hearing from you guys. Thanks for all of the help so far.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.