Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

naturally aspirated twin turbo block?

962 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Beau_Jester 
#1 ·
So i have an na motor that blew a rob. And it was brought up to me about running a tt block on na setup. Basically taking a tt block with 8to1 compression and using the heads and manifolds from tge na to make it run while find funding for the rest of the turbo parts. While in theory it sounds possible but im not really sure if it would run right. And what injectors would you use. I would assume na injectors. Then im curious to if it did work what kind of power would it make as a low compression na motor.

#2 ·
It would run fine and all you would have to use is every thing a normal n/a would use. However at 8:1 compression it will be painfully slow.... Like probably slower then a stock FRS.

#4 ·
Doesn't make sense to do all the work of putting a motor back together with a hacked up setup, just to later take it back out because it's not right. Better off getting something else to drive until you can fix it right.

#5 ·
When I rebuilt my motor I had the shop install 8:1 pistons in anticipation of a a future turbo conversion. The car ran fine and the loss of power was not really an issue. It was still peppy with my manual transmission. Although, it does make sense to just do the turbo conversion while the engine is out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.