My GTX2863 vr4 build in progress - Page 8 - 3000GT/Stealth International Message Center
3000GT/Stealth International 3000GT/Stealth International

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   3000GT/Stealth International Message Center > Modifications and Technical Support > Engine - Turbo

3SI.org is the premier Mitsubishi 3000GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2013, 07:15 PM   #71 (permalink)
Forum Member

Drives: On air filled tires
Ninja GT is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Default Re: My GTX2863 vr4 build in progress

So. Aghh I'm getting frustrated. Crank not balanced yet. Shops machine has some issues and is just now able to balance crank. In the meantime, chime in what do I need for pcv/vented valve covers setup. You can rest assured ill need it regularly running 25 + psi. Any pics or diagrams would be greatly appreciated.
Ninja GT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2013, 08:00 PM   #72 (permalink)
One fix at a time

Drives: 95 RT/TT
TurboSinceBirth Level 2TurboSinceBirth Level 2TurboSinceBirth Level 2TurboSinceBirth Level 2TurboSinceBirth Level 2
Feedback Score: 36 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja GT View Post
So. Aghh I'm getting frustrated. Crank not balanced yet. Shops machine has some issues and is just now able to balance crank. In the meantime, chime in what do I need for pcv/vented valve covers setup. You can rest assured ill need it regularly running 25 + psi. Any pics or diagrams would be greatly appreciated.
You'll have to ask Matt for sure. I didn't clarify with him about running the big and small krank vents on a bigger turbo setup. I never pushed the boost as high on a bigger turbo setup when I had both krank vents installed to know if the big one became an issue.

On my TD04s I had to run the small krank vent only because the big one wouldn't provide enough air in the crank case through the stock air bubble to keep too much pressure from building up. It sounded like what Matt said is to run both krank vents, T off the timing belt side front to rear valve cover tube, stick a small krank vent inline if you still wanted to create a vacuum, and then attach the hose to a catch can. He said it's what he did for all high hp big turbo cars. You'll have to ask him about using the big one off the lower intake. It should be fine since bigger turbos will drain better than a small TD04.
TurboSinceBirth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2013, 08:25 PM   #73 (permalink)
Forum Member

What about ignition/coil packs. Are stock adequat for 600-700whp? Should I at least upgrade plugs? I'm just wanting to get these small things buttoned up so I can have it ready upon reassembly.
Old 02-17-2013, 08:29 PM   #74 (permalink)
One fix at a time

Drives: 95 RT/TT
TurboSinceBirth Level 2TurboSinceBirth Level 2TurboSinceBirth Level 2TurboSinceBirth Level 2TurboSinceBirth Level 2
Feedback Score: 36 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja GT View Post
What about ignition/coil packs. Are stock adequat for 600-700whp? Should I at least upgrade plugs? I'm just wanting to get these small things buttoned up so I can have it ready upon reassembly.
OEM coil packs/PTU/plug wires. MSDs work good too. If you aren't sure if the PTU and coil packs were replaced within the past two years with new ones I would go ahead and do it. You can always test them too.

I'm running new OEM PTU/coil pack, MSD wires, and NGK non-projected tip 2 step colder plugs gapped .028" with an HKS DLI up to 31 psi. Until I get the flashed ecu installed and maybe some more maintenance items I won't be turning it up further. With a new ignition I was fine to 24/25 psi on ethanol without spark plug blowout. Some can't make it past 20. A new ignition is definitely not something to skimp on.
TurboSinceBirth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2013, 09:34 PM   #75 (permalink)
Forum Member

Getting some progress now. Got bottom end buttoned up. I wish I knew how to post larger/more than one pic at a time!
Attached Thumbnails
My GTX2863 vr4 build in progress-image.jpg  
Old 03-01-2013, 10:15 PM   #76 (permalink)
Forum Member

And I test fitted some nitto 555's in a 275 40 18
They looked sick and meaty, but "barely" cleared my tein stock tower. I'm gonna opt for some 285 35 18 instead. 11.4 inches across and slightly smaller diameter than in these pics.

Old 03-01-2013, 10:36 PM   #77 (permalink)
Forum Member

And I removed and replaced the sail panels today and spoiler with the hoop. I'm "on the fence" about the hoop. I like the nostalgia of the aero, but like the hoop. Heck, i really don't care for the combat in person, but I feel like on a black car it may appear more mild and subtle... Input?

As far as wheels go, I'm kinda sold on a cheap set of xxr522's after I get the paint redone. They just look damn solid on a vr4

Old 03-02-2013, 08:15 PM   #78 (permalink)
Forum Member

So. I got a wild hair today and started cutting up my seibon hood. I've never really cared for the appearance of the vent placements. I'm aiming for the look of the NSX deep dip down look in the middle. But obviously it can't be that deep bc of the engine placement. I'm also notching and setting the drivers side vent down lower so I can access fresh air better to the intake, without having to look non symmetrical visually from the passengers scoop. I've had some various body kit stuff I've had sitting around to help me get the angles I need to do it. The evil eye area I intend on doing two humps over each headlamp to accommodate and blend into the 99's. has anyone successfully hinged their hood in the front? Just to do something different?

Old 03-03-2013, 06:37 PM   #79 (permalink)
Forum Member

Does anyone have a pic with 2nd gen sideskirts molded with the "slit" taken out? Does it look good/bad?
Old 03-03-2013, 06:59 PM   #80 (permalink)
Forum Member

Like this spare sideskirt I started cutting on. I was just hoping for a finished pic already painted so I had an idea before I started plastic welding one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

3000GT/Stealth International Message Center > Modifications and Technical Support > Engine - Turbo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 3000GT/Stealth International Message Center forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Free email addresses do not work(yahoo, hotmail, gmail,...)
We are currently being blocked by AOL so any AOL based address may not work(aol.com, aim.com, netscape.net, cs.com)
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.