Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

hks dli vs kenne bell boost a spark ignition amps

2K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  BLACK94TT 
#1 ·
Looking for any feedback on the 2. I want to buy a new one. Last year I ran the hks dli but it kept burning out coils. I am now thinking me using the non resistor 8 series plugs was causing the issue as the hks says it is not compatible with non resistor plugs. But I have read post from others on the forum saying theres works fine.

Just looking for real use feedback on the 2. I want to get my boost up to 28-30psi before summers out. with no spark blow out.

#7 ·
HKS DLI is a transistor based and capacitive discharge all in one. Basically it will increase spark duration and the CDI will make your spark alot stronger.

I recommend this very easy to install and its effective!

#8 ·
In the process of troubleshooting an ignition problem, I noticed the spark with the DLI enabled was SIGNIFANTLY brighter than with the DLI disabled. I found the root of my ignition issue was a failed DLI circuit.

Now at high boost/rpm my car has a slight miss I have to drive thru. It wasn't there with the DLI installed. I'm not sure which product to buy next. It would be easiest for me to replace the DLI since the harness is already installed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.