Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

Dyno Day......numbers off?

15K views 180 replies 23 participants last post by  pimprn 
#1 ·
So did a dyno tune on my car. I tuned the car.......i made 573awhp on pump and some meth, at 30psi. I was expecting alot more.......

My turbos are twin gt3076r with .48 exhaust and .60 on compressor could the .48 rob that much power? Is it cause im so much above sealevel that the air is this thin that its that much of a difference?
my heads are ips race heads 1mm over so theres tons of flow
90mmintake 90mmthrottle body

The dyno was a dyno jet, any gurus suggest anything thanks.

#164 ·
I did not build my car for 650 i build it for 800+ .......... If i only wanted 650 then yes id be getting dr750s but i want the ability to run 800+

My build would have been alot cheaper if i aimed for 650....and ALOT easier lol.....

Ill hit my goal or close to hopefully. After this car is built im buying a supra :) and ill drive 800rwhp all summer long on that ! Then build it up through the years.

#166 ·
Well updateing this thread. Im pulling the big gunzzzzz out just bought a 6g74 3.5l upgraded my turbos to gtx3076r and the a/r to .63 COME AT ME BRO! 800+ here i come :) and theres one last secret i cant tell.....

#168 ·
Nope lol......thinking about it to be honest.

#170 ·
I guess this would be complicated to a guy who runs little bitch td04 turbos who max out at power when mine get started lol....... Its funny my car prolly made more power running like shit then yours maxed out just saying :)

And secondly i dont see how swapping to a 3.5 is more complicated? everything bolts on so yaaaaaaa......stick to your bolt on there bud ;) And watch me make big power :)

#172 ·
My car will speak for itself when its done and running properly............And i know where i went wrong on the 3l really minor issues, but i dont care to share them with you cause youll never enter the big boy realm lol........ when you decide to man up and get real turbos you can pm me and ask or the other big boys around here.

on a side note i am super excited yaaaaayyyy!!!! 3.5l BIG TURBOS WOOT WOOT!!!!

#175 ·
Thanks for the support bro....

#177 ·
no hate but you should have fixed you 3.0L and push it to the limit before going further...

New swap = new things to fixe. You havent fixed your first build yet and you are going to another build that is more complicated.

It's not my money but I hope your are doing the best decision, if it was my build, I would have beat the hell of the 3.0L, and swap to the 3.5 when he explod.

Have fun!

#178 ·
There was nothing wrong with my 3l. It was something simple as getting cams degreed, and my turbo a/r choice. If you look at my dyno graph youll see where its plateau (flatline) thats where the turbo lost all effeciency due to chokeing off due to the large air flow i was trying to flow through that tiny a/r houseing.

Not only that i couldnt pass the deal up on this fully build 3.5 its a real beaut. And lets face it, more displacement is funner. The 3l had to be pulled anyway because i had a leaking rear oil drain that i cant get to so why not put a 3.5 in instead lol.......

As for the 3l if it dont sell im gunna keep it as a spare, cause i have future plans with this 6g74 :) because you can get alot more then 3.5 out of it.

#179 ·
lol subbed.

#181 ·
LOL i will man. Wont be for a while yet. The 74 wont be done till next month, and im not rushing anything this time. I WILL have something though. Just to let you guys know im not chasing numbers, just going to get what she gives me. I dont plan on adding much timing either because i dont want to deal wil crank flexing and such.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.