Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

Dyno Chart Collection Thread, Take Two

101K views 117 replies 29 participants last post by  StarWolfQTP 
#1 · (Edited)
First and foremost, please go to this thread and read at least the first post so you understand this thread that much more.

let's make a collection of Dyno charts from various turbo setups - 3000GT/Stealth International Message Center

As many know, that thread is a great resource for members of this forum, but it hasn’t been updated in some time. I’ve asked for permission, and been given by chris (aka mellon), to take over his project, update it and keep it going. I’m very happy for this to happen. I’ve used his thread numerous times, and I hope others continue to benefit from this project. I will not be changing how the info is presented, or anything like that. My goal is to simply continue from where the last thread was updated, and to keep this project going, using mellon’s original criteria.

I’ve spent many hours looking through the previous thread for all the info that was posted but not updated. I believe I have caught it all and updated it accordingly. All categories have new info in them, except for the 3000 to 6500 rpm acceleration comparison.

Finally, this project relies on you. Please contribute information to this project. It only helps to better the 3S community. The rules/criteria for each category are clearly presented in the first post of the previous thread. Please read them so your data can become a useful part of this project. But please be aware, not all dyno charts are posted to the project. The idea is to show the best that each setup (ie turbo) is capable of producing. Also, I do not have time to take every dyno chart that was ever was or ever will be posted on 3si, and compile it into the project here. Please post your dyno chart to this thread if you would like it included. This goes for the other categories as well. Please post it to this thread for it to be included. It may take me a few days to get it into the project and update everything, but it will be included. If it is not posted to this thread, there is no guarantee of that. So without further ado, the data:

DYNO CHARTS

SPOOL CHART

ACCELERATION CHART

ESTIMATED AWHP CHART

if the images aren't of the latest update, then press shift + your browser's refresh button to force the browser to get the new images instead of using the cached images from your earlier visit.

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Due to the nature of these charts being somewhat crowded, I’d like to be able to supply a link to the post that the dyno’s are originally posted to, so people can see the actual dyno chart. This spot is reserved for that use, for charts that are posted from here on out.

Dyno Charts:
niteryder twin 50 trim BB with race gas
LVA3KGT FWD DR500's @ 17psi, DR III Heads, 8.5:1 pistons
Import Power twin 5027 @ 33 psi, ethenol/meth/93
wsrtt's 9b graph
FastOldGuy 13G graph
LVA3KGT FWD DR500 graph
DR-1000 non-dbb chart (if anyone knows who's car this is, i'll add their name up there)
Norman 3.5L 50 trim (if anyone knows this guys username, i'll put it there. Norman was in the filename of the chart when i downloaded it)
spfan phantoms 21psi
WidowMaker 3.5L 16G 19psi stock heads/cams
97VR4 19T 25psi C16 stock heads/cams
oohnoo 19T 18psi pump gas DRIII heads street cams
Italo Grasso 3.7L Mivec 6765R's stock cams
97VR4 19T 25psi
SnakeSkinner DR750 3.5L Heads/Cams pump+meth

Spool Chart:

Accel Chart:

Estimated AWHP Chart:
SnakeSkinner 9.05@157.09 2920 lbs DR-1200@24psi 3.54L

#3 · (Edited)
a new rule is being added. If a chart was posted in a thread somewhere, i would ask if they'd allow me to add it to the thread. most of the time i never got a response, which i took as a silent no. as such, this thread never got updated much. that's changing. in order to try and keep this more up to date, i'll add any chart that i find on the forums here, without needing to ask. the basis for this is that if you're posting it on a public forum, then it's not like you're trying to "keep the cat in the bag" so to speak, so putting it in one other thread isn't going to hurt anything. by posting it in a public forum you're opening it up for discussion/comparison anyway.

#5 ·
that's fine. if you can provide info for the new setups i'll gladely add them. but just fyi, some setups stay anyway. a good example is trevor's 14B dyno. of course he has moved on to E16G's and gotten better numbers, but the purpose of the chart is to provide info to people on the best that particular setup has made, ie 14B turbos. not to provide info on the most a certain person has ever made with their car.

#6 ·
is anyone else having issues seeing the pictures loading in the first post? there should be six. or is it just me?

#8 ·
ok, if you guys can all see them that's fine. i'll figure my issue out later.

#9 ·
Very cool, thanks for taking it over.

#10 ·
Thanks for taking over.

#11 ·
good to see it live on, sorry I've gotten too busy with my new business. One suggestion: move the names in the legend so they are in order with the results.

better results = name up top, it makes it easier to find them at a glance.

#13 ·
thanks for getting this whole ball rolling in the first place!

noted, and corrected. i just spent several hours getting it done yesterday (putting off some other things i probably should have done) to just get the info on there and get the thread started, that i just wanted to get this going, so i posted it without getting every little detail first.

For the Estimated AWHP chart:

Trevor 12.69@108.44 3800lbs 9bs @ 14.9 psi *91*
Trevor 11.57@119.71 3610lbs 15Gs @ 18.5psi
Trevor 11.28@127.75 3600lbs 14bs @ 27.6 psi
Trevor 10.97@131.06 3580lbs E316Gs @ 22.6 psi *91/Meth*
Trevor 10.40@138.94 3572lbs E316Gs @ 30.7 psi

I would remove any of my other entries.
added. your 14B was already on the chart though.

this reminds me to speak to about the spool, awhp estimate, and accel charts. basically, anyone who has contributed anything to them as been added. but they're starting to get crowded, especially the awhp chart. after adding the newer updates, i had to enlarge the chart just so i could get the entire legend on there, otherwise the bottom handful of names would have been cut-off and not visible. this leads me to want to start treating them like the dyno charts, only the best from each setup/turbo would be put on there. but this also seems like it would defeat some of the purpose of the chart. this is a way to get a better feel for what they typical, not always best, performance for a given turbo is capable of. more data points, so to speak. but then there are some (and i hate to pick on you trevor because you do contribute a lot of good info) that have contributed 4 times on the same turbo setup, albeit two on pump and two on race gas, but are they really all necessary? at any rate, i'd really like to hear what you guys think about it. trim the charts, or let everyone stay and be added, or something in between?

also, i'd like to start seperate pump gas only charts. but i'm not sure i have enough info to justify the effort for those right now. if there was more contributed, maybe i could start them.

as always, comments are welcome, and new info to add as well :)

#12 ·
For the Estimated AWHP chart:

Trevor 12.69@108.44 3800lbs 9bs @ 14.9 psi *91*
Trevor 11.57@119.71 3610lbs 15Gs @ 18.5psi
Trevor 11.28@127.75 3600lbs 14bs @ 27.6 psi
Trevor 10.97@131.06 3580lbs E316Gs @ 22.6 psi *91/Meth*
Trevor 10.40@138.94 3572lbs E316Gs @ 30.7 psi

I would remove any of my other entries.

#16 ·
i do try to put significant mods in the legend (such as heads, nitrous), but there is really only so much room. this is one reason i want to start adding a link to the original post with the dyno sheet in the 2nd post. often times the actual mod list is posted along with the sheet.

the main reason keeping me from elminating all but the best of the best on the estimated awhp chart is because that's basically what the dyno charts are. the best of the best. and having a different number from those, and being estimated at that, would be kinda dumb in my opinion.

#17 ·
I don't see myself on the chart, so here is my contribution...

This was at 20psi...
Turbo:
Dynamic Racing DR-800 turbo kit
Tail Wastegates
Tial Blow off valve
Alamo Down Pipe
Greddy exhaust
Custom intakes with HKS Air Filters

Engine:
ROSS Pistons
Fidanza Adjustable Cam Gears
Power Enterprise Super Strong Timing Belt
Unorthodux Underdrive pulley
Krank Vent check (PCV) Valve
Polyurethane Motor Mounts

Fuel:
Greddy 720cc Injectors
Steel Braided fuel lines and loop
Supra fuel pump
SX high flow fuel filter

Electronics:
MICROTEC Engine Management System
MSD Ignition Wires
Custom Ground Wires
Greddy Profec B - Boost Controller
Innovate Wideband O2
Greddy Gauges :
EGT
Boost
Fuel Pressure
Greddy Turbo Timer
OPTIMA Red top battery

Here is how it looks like :

#18 · (Edited)
boricua, that's sweet. thanks for contributing, but unfortunately it doesn't best the dr-800 dyno already on the front page. sorry.

was this pump gas? maybe it will be added if i ever make a different pump gas chart.

hey, weren't you the guy testing out the clutchmaster twin disk? how's that going by the way?

edit: also just realized that your chart is in mph instead of rpm. i'm sorry but only charts in rpm will be added. getting exact tire circumference, etc is just too much to ask to get an accurate relation between speed and rpm on each individual's car.

#19 ·
This was on C-16... I know it is not much, it was at 20psi haven't some issues holding boost due to a nasty head lift..!!:(

Anyway, yes I just finish breaking in the clutchmasters twin disc clutch. It just smooth out the lunch from the stop at a red light... now it feels just like stock, but with a serious kick when you do a hi rpm shift. I'm still babying the car, and I think I will have to change the head gasket...:(

More news on that later....:eek:

#22 · (Edited)
sure why not. if enough info is posted i'll make a new chart for them. i don't feel comfortable putting it on the same chart as the turbo setups (half because it's a completely different setup and deserves it's seperate attention, and half because the charts are getting crowded as it is, lol).

I think something is up with the scale on the dyno charts... it's showing them revving to 12,000 RPM :)
yeah, thanks for pointing that out. i figured out what was wrong but i don't know why it did that. i started using the same file you sent me, and somehow the charts no longer used the correct X axis numbers. it's fixed in the file, i'll upload new, corrected, charts shortly.

Edit: Fixed

#21 ·
I think something is up with the scale on the dyno charts... it's showing them revving to 12,000 RPM :)

#25 ·
updated:

added snakeskinner's record to the estimated whp chart.

i'm also going to start keeping track of where the info was originally found in the second post, when possible. any new info added to the chart will also have a link there.

#26 ·
33psi, 50trims, the graph "dip" is when I lifted the heads.

Attachments

#27 ·
cool. thanks for posting. i won't be able to update for a while though. i haven't really been online (not just 3si, but nearly the whole internet) since 7 nov. (last wed). i've been busy moving from oklahoma to florida. i'm staying in a hotel now. no internet except for two computers (that i think use dial-up) for just checking email, etc. they just got wireless in their lobby only, so i'm using that now. i'm using my laptop now, but all the files for this project are on my desktop, which is packed. i'm currently house-hunting. i don't expect to get the desktop out until i get moved into my new home, which will be two or three weeks from now probably. sorry guys. but please, continue to contribute! i'll update it all when i get the chance :)

#29 · (Edited)
cool beans. i haven't been on 3si for a couple days so i'm just starting to read your thread, but it, of course, still falls short of your race gas tune on the same turbos, but if i ever separate the charts into pump vs race that will definitely be included.

out of curiosity what were your timing numbers like? (unless it's included in your thread, i haven't made it past page two yet). what's the "trick" to getting that much power out of td04's, pump gas, and no additive (ex: meth), other than having every supporting mod, lol?

#33 ·
Just noticed T4's HP by Trap speed isn't on the chart.
159.23 MPH
2950 raceweight

#34 ·
i think a while back we had a brief discussion about this. i couldn't find anywhere that you ever posted a measured weight for T4, all that was ever posted up was an estimated weight. so did you actually weigh it on a scale? or is this the estimated? if it's by scale i'll gladly update the charts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.