Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

Dyno Chart Collection Thread, Take Two

101K views 117 replies 29 participants last post by  StarWolfQTP 
#1 · (Edited)
First and foremost, please go to this thread and read at least the first post so you understand this thread that much more.

let's make a collection of Dyno charts from various turbo setups - 3000GT/Stealth International Message Center

As many know, that thread is a great resource for members of this forum, but it hasn’t been updated in some time. I’ve asked for permission, and been given by chris (aka mellon), to take over his project, update it and keep it going. I’m very happy for this to happen. I’ve used his thread numerous times, and I hope others continue to benefit from this project. I will not be changing how the info is presented, or anything like that. My goal is to simply continue from where the last thread was updated, and to keep this project going, using mellon’s original criteria.

I’ve spent many hours looking through the previous thread for all the info that was posted but not updated. I believe I have caught it all and updated it accordingly. All categories have new info in them, except for the 3000 to 6500 rpm acceleration comparison.

Finally, this project relies on you. Please contribute information to this project. It only helps to better the 3S community. The rules/criteria for each category are clearly presented in the first post of the previous thread. Please read them so your data can become a useful part of this project. But please be aware, not all dyno charts are posted to the project. The idea is to show the best that each setup (ie turbo) is capable of producing. Also, I do not have time to take every dyno chart that was ever was or ever will be posted on 3si, and compile it into the project here. Please post your dyno chart to this thread if you would like it included. This goes for the other categories as well. Please post it to this thread for it to be included. It may take me a few days to get it into the project and update everything, but it will be included. If it is not posted to this thread, there is no guarantee of that. So without further ado, the data:

DYNO CHARTS

SPOOL CHART

ACCELERATION CHART

ESTIMATED AWHP CHART

if the images aren't of the latest update, then press shift + your browser's refresh button to force the browser to get the new images instead of using the cached images from your earlier visit.

See less See more
#104 · (Edited)
http://www.3si.org/forum/f8/nw3s-slayer-first-dyno-506162/

This was pm'd to me yesterday. It will be added to the next update. just a reminder, I don't have as much free time as I used to, so unless a dyno is added to this thread, then i probably won't see the new record breaking dyno and it won't get added. I will try my best in the coming weeks to get this updated again.

#106 ·
Still waiting Ray's dynosheet, in the while those the more 'cleaner' pics I have :

(The glitch here was caused by a missfire)

Eric

#107 ·
What does Eric have that has him making almost 75hp more at 3k? His curve looks unbelievable, but its consistantly higher right up to peak. Is that just from the cam gears?

#108 ·
Elevation! Sea level vs 3600ft! And my MBC wasn't able to hold the boost, so the boost was going 30psi and was falling down to 25-26psi. It explain why I was making more TQ. If my MBC was able to keep it, I would have made much more WHP.

Eric

#111 ·
Hey guys, sorry I haven't updated in a while. Thanks for posting those. Currently deployed, will get back to the states in a little over a week. Also have a lot of other things I'll be doing immediately when I get back (like getting my own stealth back together!) but this is one of the things I plan to do. I don't even have the excel file with me in order to update it here. Thanks for posting though!

#112 ·
Ok, here's the deal guys. I really don't want to see this project die off. I know it has a lot of good info on here that have helped out many people, myself included. But, I just simply don't have time to maintain it anymore, let alone my own car. I'm not even on the forum very often anymore (says my last login was 21 May!) in order to keep up with who's doing what with their cars. So, I'm looking for a motivated, non-biased (in terms of shop/turbos/mods/etc) individual to hand this off to. I think this is how this project should go. When one person is unable to keep going with it, then it should be passed on to the next person. At any rate, I do have the info for a couple of people's dyno's that aren't on here yet. It would be good practice for whoever takes this up. And they can of course bounce it off of me to see if it all checks out. So, who's up for it? PM or message via email would be fine. Thanks guys!

#115 · (Edited)
Resurrecting old thread since my car has been resurrected after being with IPS 2.5 years starting in feb 2013. Full weight 93 vr4 13g turbos, Alamo side mounts, 550 injectors at 90%, AEM EMS v2, 16lb boost.Tuned at Crucial Performance ended up with 360hp and 385ftlbs.

Attachments

#116 · (Edited)
Cant edit for some reason. It has been discovered that the engine did not have a good seal at the heads, bolts were not tight. The crank was eating bearings since the block was not line honed and the clutch did explode about 100 miles later. Come to think of it so did a smic. Hope to have it running by summer with some better numbers on same 13g's but fmic and billet 75mm TB 264cams and gasket matched manifolds.

Clay

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.