Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

Dyno Chart Collection Thread, Take Two

101K views 117 replies 29 participants last post by  StarWolfQTP 
#1 · (Edited)
First and foremost, please go to this thread and read at least the first post so you understand this thread that much more.

let's make a collection of Dyno charts from various turbo setups - 3000GT/Stealth International Message Center

As many know, that thread is a great resource for members of this forum, but it hasn’t been updated in some time. I’ve asked for permission, and been given by chris (aka mellon), to take over his project, update it and keep it going. I’m very happy for this to happen. I’ve used his thread numerous times, and I hope others continue to benefit from this project. I will not be changing how the info is presented, or anything like that. My goal is to simply continue from where the last thread was updated, and to keep this project going, using mellon’s original criteria.

I’ve spent many hours looking through the previous thread for all the info that was posted but not updated. I believe I have caught it all and updated it accordingly. All categories have new info in them, except for the 3000 to 6500 rpm acceleration comparison.

Finally, this project relies on you. Please contribute information to this project. It only helps to better the 3S community. The rules/criteria for each category are clearly presented in the first post of the previous thread. Please read them so your data can become a useful part of this project. But please be aware, not all dyno charts are posted to the project. The idea is to show the best that each setup (ie turbo) is capable of producing. Also, I do not have time to take every dyno chart that was ever was or ever will be posted on 3si, and compile it into the project here. Please post your dyno chart to this thread if you would like it included. This goes for the other categories as well. Please post it to this thread for it to be included. It may take me a few days to get it into the project and update everything, but it will be included. If it is not posted to this thread, there is no guarantee of that. So without further ado, the data:

DYNO CHARTS

SPOOL CHART

ACCELERATION CHART

ESTIMATED AWHP CHART

if the images aren't of the latest update, then press shift + your browser's refresh button to force the browser to get the new images instead of using the cached images from your earlier visit.

See less See more
#73 · (Edited)
cool, thanks. added. also, updated the first three charts. I added the 3.5L 50 trim chart from 3sx for a customer's car "norman". I added DR's non-dbb chart (which incidentally beat nelson's dr-1000 chart, so he's off the chart), for a customer's car, but no name for that customer so if anyone knows his username, i'll add it. also, added my own phantom dyno chart. it's been about a year since it was dyno'd, but i didn't add it because i wasn't completely happy with it (particularly the slow spool up), so i was going to wait till i dyno'd again, but i'm being pretty slow in that area so i went ahead and added it, which beat out DuTTch's phantom dyno. i know there were at least two other people with higher dyno's on phantoms than me (fast93vr4 and noah) but neither posted dyno charts. i also know shiver hit, i think, ~450 whp by 4500 rpm but had some issues and couldn't get past that rpm, but i never saw a dyno chart.

also, a new rule is being added. If a chart was posted in a thread somewhere, i would ask if they'd allow me to add it to the chart. most of the time i never got a response, which i took as a silent no. as such, this thread never got updated much. that's changing. in order to try and keep this more up to date, i'll add any chart that i find on the forums here, without needing to ask. the basis for this is that if you're posting it on a public forum, then it's not like you're trying to "keep the cat in the bag" so to speak, so putting it in one other thread isn't going to hurt anything. by posting it in a public forum you're opening it up for discussion/comparison anyway. first page updated with this new rule.

#75 ·
i would like to. but there is currently only one 3.5L motor on the charts. some, such as DR, aren't on there because their graph is in mph instead of rpm. (see last couple pages for why they aren't on here). if you know of some other 3.5L dyno charts then let me know, or better yet, post them here, and i'll see what can be done. :)

#77 ·
well, depending on how many 3.5L charts there are, and how many are in mph or in rpm, some stuff might still be done. if you have a collection of them, or the links, post them up and i'll see what i can do. if for nothing else they'd at least all be in one place. maybe put them in the 2nd or 3rd post on the front page at least.

#78 ·
charts have been updated. 97VR4's 19T dyno of 605 awhp beat out oohnoo's 19T spot, so oohnoo's was removed. WidowMaker's was added because it was a 3.5L motor, making only the 2nd one on these charts. the second post was also updated with a link to the thread with all the info the dyno's were posted in.

#82 ·
I'm surprised you added this to the charts considering the chart they provided said "Flywheel horsepower" and they never explained why it said that or if a drivetrain loss was added to the wheel horsepower to come up with that normal.

#80 ·
sorry oohnoo, didn't realize it was your bday. bad day for me to update it, lol. the reason there are duplicate turbos for some types, is that there is a significant change other than the turbos. something like race gas vs. pump gas. or stock 3L vs. a stroker. or fwd vs. awd. or perhaps even modified heads/cams vs. stock heads/cams (but that may be the closest i'd allow two setups to be and still put them both on, not sure if there are any like that on there now). since both of you two were on race gas, 3L, even stock heads/cams, i couldn't really see keeping yours on there. if you see something on there that doesn't seem like it should belong, please let me know, and i'll take a look at it.

#84 ·
that's true, forgot about that. i'll work on putting it in here before too long.

I'm surprised you added this to the charts considering the chart they provided said "Flywheel horsepower" and they never explained why it said that or if a drivetrain loss was added to the wheel horsepower to come up with that normal.
I'm not here to decide which dyno reads high or low and allow or disallow based on that, merely to present the info for comparison. there was also a video of the upll, and even though it was they kind that attaches to the hubs, it's obviously not at the engine flywheel, like an engine dyno. hilbillyhomeboy used to dyno on that type before ips got their dyno installed. I think he had more than one dyno on these graphs at some point (different turbo or something), so i'm not sure if the one that is on there now is on ips' dyno or the hub type. at anyrate, my point is that the precedent is set.

awesome, thanks SPfan

anyone notice that widowmakers graph ain't very flash spoolwise?

I wish I had access to the spreadsheet all this comes from to attempt to extrapolate it a bit better and workout what mods are having the largest effect on spool etc.
i had also noticed that, but he did say there was a lot left on the table and tuning was rushed. but meh. if you want a personalized comparison of a set number of graphs shoot me an email through the forum and i'll see what i can do. otherwise, i'm trying to get better about including a link to a thread that has a good mod list, putting it in the 2nd post.

#85 ·
actuall you make some good points, if we could get each person added to the list to plonk down a basic list of what's been done to they're car (only power related)

if we could get enough data, something like a graph for each Turbo..(well, the major ones, 9b, 13g, 15g, 19T, 16G) that way we could see how much of an effect intercooler vs heads etc.

I am not suggesting you do this...wayyyyyyy to much stuffing around...however it's something that I would enjoy :p

#86 ·
yeah, would be a lot of work. I'm not going to sit here and compare each setup for everyone on the board for them. I just try to provide the info so they can see what was actually posted about that setup themselves, hence the links in the 2nd post.

all turbos and td04 turbo charts updated, just for you on your bday oohnoo :)

#87 ·
updated first and second post to add Italo Grasso's 3.7L Mivec Dyno of 655 awhp. did the best i could with the picture of the chart that was posted.

#89 ·
updated. added the record 19T run (updated it actually) from 97VR4, and Dynamic Racing's DR750 dyno, as well as the links to their threads. interesting to note, the DR750's outspool everything by a large margin. I'm wondering how much of this is due to the extra 0.5L displacement.

#93 ·
I am going to say it influences it quite a bit. 1/2 liter is nothing to sneeze at, especially on a 3.0L to start.

-Chris

#91 ·
i only see four stroker engines on there. not really enough to warrant a whole other graph in my opinion.

forgot to say, but if anyone posts a new dyno that should belong here, post it up in this thread, or pm/email me the link (i prefer email through 3si). I don't log on as much as i used to and so may miss some dyno threads. but if it's brought to my attention i'll get it on here sooner or later.

#92 ·
Just an FYI, Matts newest dyno graph in your graph does not match the actual dyno graph.

According to your graph he makes 225hp at 1000rpm, where on his actual graph he makes 225hp at 3000rpm. Just want to make sure you noticed that :)

#94 ·
thanks for the heads up. it's a bug with excel or something, it relabled the x axis by itself. it looks like it only affected the td04 graph, matts dyno is still correct on the first graph. i'll fix it before too long.

#95 ·
Update:
95%Ethanol/5%Methanol
Stock heads and cams
Twin 5027s
811AWHP 747AWTQ

-Chris

#96 ·
link to a thread with a more complete modlist? boost level?

sorry everyone i don't get on here as much as i used to. life has a funny way of doing that from time to time, although i do stay pretty active on the local florida 3s site and meeting with the guys here.

that being said, i don't have a real good grasp on the newest and latest dyno info to be posted anymore, which is why this thread/project relies on everyone here to see the new info and then post, at minimum, a link or dyno graph to this thread. i do try to check this thread once in a while (once a week or two), but if it seems like i haven't peeped in here for a few days after something new was posted, feel free to send me a pm (i'll get an email alert), or an email directly.

ipo, i'll work on updating the file with your new dyno once i get at least a boost number, and a little more free time :)

#98 ·
Stock heads/Cams
2 bolt
36psi
5027s
Ethanol

-Chris

#97 · (Edited)
Im going with some 20g's with a little custom work done by LMI.. I see that #1 there wasnt any times posted with that setup here #2 The only setups that I had seen on the quick list wasnt running water/meth. I am digging dino bones and gonna push some 20g's to a different level. Ill be posting #'s and times soon!

#99 ·
is there a thread so i can link to it on the first page?

#101 ·
#102 ·
sorry for the lack in updates. I've downloaded the info for the updates but have had zero time to actually update the excel files. i've got another deployment coming up in less than a month and i generally have free time then, so hopefully i'll get some more updates then. does anyone actually reference this anymore? i know it's somewhat old info, but i feel it's still relevant.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.