comp turbo? anyone heard anything - Page 4 - 3000GT/Stealth International Message Center
3000GT/Stealth International 3000GT/Stealth International

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   3000GT/Stealth International Message Center > Modifications and Technical Support > Engine - Turbo

3SI.org is the premier Mitsubishi 3000GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2013, 11:53 PM   #31 (permalink)
Paid Member

Drives: 93 vr4
mikeoslo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default Re: comp turbo? anyone heard anything

this is what he replied to me regarding what i need.. 4949 would be the best in this spec. it might higher up lag a little... but still if that will match best would be great
i have sent him full engine spec as he wanted
clutch: south bend 4 FE,light flywheel
elektronic: AEM EMS 2,HKS DLI, aem egt,o2 etc,serial
turbo: gt3267, TiAL wastegates t3 headers
TiAL BOV, FMIC.
fuel: in tank dual 330lph aeromotive, aeromotive FPR ,1000cc
brakes : 380mm 8pot brembo
522ps@0.85b, 647ps@1.4bar
mikeoslo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2013, 12:54 PM   #32 (permalink)
Paid Member

ok little update.
the smalles turbo that comp turbo can make in T3/5bolt is:

56mm turbin small , 58mm big // compressor 49mm small , 76big - triplex ball bearign , and billet compressor

so.. definitly 500hp+turbo. but..can be get with 0.48ar or 0.36 ar

the smaller turbin they make in T25 flanges which is small rather

according to my current shity turbo:
55mm turbin small , 65mm big /compressor 48mm small - 68mm big
and i have 0.69ar or 0.78ar not sure

i do not wanted to go that big - but there is one big advantage of bigger turbin wheel - you can definilty push more hp on pump gas.

few info that i found on 3si

TURBIN COMPRESSOR

CT 5649 56-58/turbin/ ==== ==========76 -49 comp
DR800 ? smaller than dr1000? (Turbin) ===== 75(big)
DR1000 56.6 - 64,9(turbin)=============75 (big) -53,9 (compressor
DR1200 56,6 - 64,9 (turbin) =============76 (big) -56,9

opinions?
DR DBB 800 is what i would like my turbo to spool or better
i do not have any info on turbin/compressor wheel. if snakkeskiner would be so nice and provide it , or anyone

Last edited by mikeoslo; 01-30-2013 at 02:55 PM.
Old 01-29-2013, 04:44 PM   #33 (permalink)
Breaks everything

Drives: 1999 VR4
JasonY Level 3JasonY Level 3JasonY Level 3JasonY Level 3JasonY Level 3JasonY Level 3JasonY Level 3JasonY Level 3JasonY Level 3JasonY Level 3
Feedback Score: 38 reviews

Look for the dyno thread when he did his dr750 car, he also dynod a dbb dr800 car the same day.

Jason

Silverstone Metallic 94 R2 FD - 2014 CCSB Ram 2500 Cummins/68FRE
Sold: Black 99 VR4 and two Pearl White 93 VR4's.
JasonY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2013, 12:06 AM   #34 (permalink)
Paid Member

did you mean this dyno?
http://www.dynamicracing.com/mw/imag...0/DSC00030.JPG
and this thread?
Dyno of DR750's on Bone stock 3.0L motor

at 25psi dr750 beating up dbb dr800 at 21psi (but what if Dr800 will be set to 25psi?)
at 13psi DBB dr800 has acceptable power curve ( full toqrue from 4000rpm which is fine for me)
i have to admit dr750 is great turbo and if i would not have already done T3 headers i would buy it...but i have t3 headers and external WG so stupid to downgrade with that
also dr750 is dynoed with mix of C16, and meth..so totally not acceptable for me. i can use meth occasionaly but not as a base tune setup. ( i have aem meth) .

Last edited by mikeoslo; 01-30-2013 at 12:28 AM.
Old 01-30-2013, 06:34 AM   #35 (permalink)
Breaks everything

JasonY Level 3JasonY Level 3JasonY Level 3JasonY Level 3JasonY Level 3JasonY Level 3JasonY Level 3JasonY Level 3JasonY Level 3JasonY Level 3

The 750 car also beats the DR800 car silly in a race too. But the 800 car is running less boost and straight pump/meth.

I was referencing that dyno since thats pretty much the only one off the top of my head i can think of so you could see its power delivery.

Jason
Old 01-30-2013, 10:13 AM   #36 (permalink)
Paid Member

how will that afect..if i will take for instance 56mm-58mm turbin wheel and fit it into 0.36 AR? spool shoould better with sacrifacing of top end? T3 is quiet big flange.
for instance.. GT28 0.63 is comparable to T3 approx 0.48? t25 is much smaller then t3.
hard choice.
Old 01-30-2013, 11:52 AM   #37 (permalink)
One fix at a time

Drives: 95 RT/TT
TurboSinceBirth Level 2TurboSinceBirth Level 2TurboSinceBirth Level 2TurboSinceBirth Level 2TurboSinceBirth Level 2
Feedback Score: 36 reviews

If you have to go to a .36 A/R for better spool honestly you should downgrade the size of the turbo. That will choke off some power up top probably more than we realize. I wouldn't go any smaller than a .48 A/R on a T3 turbo. If you want to try out the .36 A/R all you're out is money for two more T3 housings in case you switch which probably won't be more than $500 total. You can give it a shot, see how much you come up short of your power goals, and repeat with a larger housing.

DBB DR-800s will get you real close to 700AWHP maxed out. DR-900s put down 714AWHP so they will for sure. You'll need a .48 A/R housings for either of those to put down that much power.
TurboSinceBirth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2013, 02:58 PM   #38 (permalink)
Paid Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboSinceBirth View Post
If you have to go to a .36 A/R for better spool honestly you should downgrade the size of the turbo. That will choke off some power up top probably more than we realize. I wouldn't go any smaller than a .48 A/R on a T3 turbo. If you want to try out the .36 A/R all you're out is money for two more T3 housings in case you switch which probably won't be more than $500 total. You can give it a shot, see how much you come up short of your power goals, and repeat with a larger housing.

DBB DR-800s will get you real close to 700AWHP maxed out. DR-900s put down 714AWHP so they will for sure. You'll need a .48 A/R housings for either of those to put down that much power.
yes 0.36 ar might be stupid idea...
but just to compare turbos
DR 800 (turbin wheel - uknown) - compressor 75big-
dr1000 will have bigger turbin vs CT 5649

DR1000 .........56.6mm - 64,9mm(turbin) 75mm (big) -53,9mm (compressor)
ct5649 ........ 56mm - 58mm =======76 - 49

my GT3257 55 -65 (like d1000) ...... 67- - 49

so comparing to Dr1000 that spool or dyno we can find ...could we estimate that it will spool faster and produce less hp , but still more then Dr800 i guess.let's take 0.48ar

maybe dr800 will make 700awhp but not on pump gas , i want max hp on pump gas... i am afraid GTX2863r is nice turbo but due small turbin wheel it might not produce too much power on pump gas...but will benefit more on race gas/meth and high psi boost. am i right?

Last edited by mikeoslo; 01-30-2013 at 03:53 PM.
Old 01-30-2013, 04:04 PM   #39 (permalink)
Breaks everything

If you want big power on pump gas, you need a bigger engine to spool bigger turbos. Only way to cut it.

That DR800 car was running pure 91 with a single 625ml meth nozzle and put down 600+. Matt's turbos have the advantage of him spending the time and money picking out the turbine wheel combinations that work best with our engine per hp application. versus picking an off the shelf turbo that we hope works well. I went with the garretts knowing up front they may not be optimal but wanted to run them since they should be incredibly reliable and can be had at a moments notice from multiple sources if a failure should occur.

Jason
Old 01-30-2013, 04:47 PM   #40 (permalink)
Paid Member

Yes...and this is exactly reasone why i started this thread !
i want to know other opinion which turbo perfomr how.. i know my setup...
comp turbo can make some custom turbo.. i can change still litle on compressor side, maybe not at this point on turbin...but can do little modyfication like A/R

do not get me wrong i am not stilling Matt's ideas.. they sell this turbo..so anyone can buy it and post turbo spec..it is not a secret , all the turbo vendors will tell you what are specs on their turbos. I just want to hear and see dynos/opinion from other turbo users - simply what turbos with what spec will give what resoult so i can pick up something that fit to my goals. this is a forum - a place where we shoud share ideas...correct?

you went with GTX2863...and i am extremly curious how it will perfom! my turbo car is my hobby so i like to experiment and change things from time to time..it is all about hobby
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

3000GT/Stealth International Message Center > Modifications and Technical Support > Engine - Turbo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 3000GT/Stealth International Message Center forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Free email addresses do not work(yahoo, hotmail, gmail,...)
We are currently being blocked by AOL so any AOL based address may not work(aol.com, aim.com, netscape.net, cs.com)
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.