Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

Can anyone please help ID these turbos?

699 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  JDM4life 
#1 ·
Hi all,

I'm in the process of tearing down my motor, and would like to either rebuild or replace these turbos. There seems to be an excessive amount of shaft play on both, but on different axes.

When I bought this car some 4 years ago, I was told that the turbos had been "upgraded". My turbo ignorance didn't urge me to ask what exactly they were.

After my recent searches, I'm guessing that these might be 15g's? Is there any tell-tale way of finding out if they came from a particular shop or vendor?

Thanks for bearing with me, owning a VR4 is a journey.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
#3 ·
Hi Forest,

Thank you for responding to my question. Having read your posts regularly for years, your opinion is very valuable to me.

Now for my next move: what to do about replacements or rebuilds. I'm exploring options which include Dr650's, Boostmore billets, or a simple rebuild from midwest or another shop.

I'd welcome any suggestions.

Thanks again, and to everyone who might opine.

#7 ·
Thank-you to everyone for helping me out.

Another question: is it common to have the turbo housing stamped as to which upgrade is contained? Or is that somewhat of a "fingerprint" for a particular rebuilder/shop? I'm still learning, learning....

Thank you again.

#8 ·
uncommon in my experience. dr doesn't stamp the size on theirs. It would be nice if they put an id plate on it, especially the high end stuff.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.