Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

Budget FPR?

2K views 20 replies 8 participants last post by  TurboSinceBirth 
#1 ·
I just got a supra fuel pump installed and after I hotwire it I know it will ofer run the stock regulator. I'm wondering what is a good, budget FPR?

I know some people run honda ones right? I dont need a crazy adjustable one as I am only running like 14 psi. Thanks in advance!

#2 ·
budget? fpr's are cheap as fuck. pay to play.

#6 ·
Also, I have to agree with this.

If sub $200 hurts your wallet, be careful with this platform.

These cars are not cheap, I would recommend that instead of modding it, fix it to a clean oem example. She will be reliable and fun to own. If you're modding and penny pinching it will only cause you to skip the little things that add up.

You will have a nightmare car that never runs right and you will blame the platform. I've seen it many, many times. Fix it right the first time and don't mod it unless you have the money to fix it.

-John

#3 ·
#8 ·
#5 ·
Really? I had read that hotwired pumps in general need a FPR. Maybe Ill just try it and see if it destorys the regualtor... Stock injectors BTW

#7 ·
Oh I dont drive mine. I rebuilt it and now it waits for me to finish collage. I have done all the mantinece. I just wanted to test a new fpr to see if I could get rid of a lean problem I have been running into. But thanks for the advice, little rediculos to call me a penny pincher for wanting to buy a cheaper fpr....

Its not like I went out and bought some ebay china crap... easy on the jugments people. But in essense I do understand what your saying and I would never blame the platform, only myself. Some people need to step in other peoples shoes for abit and walk around abit before just judgeing...

#9 ·
Thank you Fearpb for an actual answer! I appreciate it! Ill look into STM

#12 ·
Cool! I'm going to hotwire it tomorrow and see what happens. Why replace somthing that isn't broken right?

#14 ·
Okay, Thank You j-groove! I dream about doing things to my car that I can't near afford and I just gotta be pacient I geuss. 160$ in the long run really isn't that much.

#19 ·
Thanks man for understanding... it seems somtimes that im the only one with a budget on here.

#21 ·
The stock FPR works just fine. I run a Walbro E85 450 lph fuel pump full tilt to max out 1000cc injectors on E85 roughly 800WHP worth of pump gas fuel volume and the stock FPR keeps on ticking just fine. It has 130k miles on it also no issues. I have my fuel pulled at idle so it doesn't overrun it. Yes, eventually I will get an AFPR when I need dual E85 Walbro pumps but until then I'm not bothering to fix what isn't broke.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.