baby come back... - 3000GT/Stealth International Message Center
3000GT/Stealth International 3000GT/Stealth International

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   3000GT/Stealth International Message Center > Modifications and Technical Support > Engine - Turbo

3SI.org is the premier Mitsubishi 3000GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-13-2012, 07:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
got boost

Drives: 91 stealth rt tt
camaro0281 Negative 1
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Default baby come back...

out playin with the stealth.. changed out iac.. yay no more white smoke from unburned gas... still has that miss around 2500 and stops around 3000 rpms... had ordered a mass sensor from ebay... when i got it in the mail i noticed there was no part number on it (someone removed it) hen i unplug it. it idles like crap, im guessin thats normal... but when i rev the motor, the miss is completely gone.. seems pretty obvious.. was wondering if anyone knows which sensors the ecu bypasses to run in loop mode. just keepin options open. oh ya i purchased that mass from JDM on ebay... dont know id trust them to buy parts from.. they said none of their parts has factory part numbers on them. lol. believe that?
camaro0281 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2012, 07:59 PM   #2 (permalink)
Drunk as a lord

Drives: 1995 Stealth TT
Forest Gump Level 2Forest Gump Level 2Forest Gump Level 2Forest Gump Level 2Forest Gump Level 2Forest Gump Level 2
Feedback Score: 107 reviews
Default Re: baby come back...

you may want to research the fuel pump resistor bypass. The resistor drops fuel pump voltage to about 6-7 volts at low loads. When the maf is unplugged it defaults back to full voltage.

Barring that I'd check for boost leaks to start.

Pampena 3.5 Stroker, TiAL DR750s, ETS FMIC, FIC 1050s, Walbro 416/485, E85, Chrome ECU, 85mm MAF, Dejon intake pipes, Tial QR, DN Precats, Tanabe Medallion Touring, 3sx Single Pass Rad, Samco Hoses, Stoptechs,, Tein S-Techs, Bilstein HDs, Southbend FE Clutch, 300M O/S, Billet T-Case, 5 Speed Trans
Forest Gump is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2012, 08:36 PM   #3 (permalink)
Twin Turbo

Drives: 1990 GTO TT
GTOJOE is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews

Had a similar issue with a stumble always at the same load point. Was caused by the delay between switching fuel voltage. Bypass the resistor as per above post. You can find the instructions on stealth316 in the fuelpump hotline page.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using AutoGuide App
1990 JDM GTO TT with Vi-PEC plug-in V44 EMS, TD04-13T's, 3SX Downpipe, MP Hi-flow cat, ARC SMIC's, Aeromotive Stealth 340LPH pump, Fuelab 515 FPR, Ninja Performance 75amp hotwire kit, oohnoo fuel loop & rail adapters, Nylon braided ethanol fuel line, NGK AFX Wideband, K&N FIPK, Iridium plugs, Turbo XS racing BOV, 3SX poly mounts, Custom 280km/h speedo.

Waiting install
Injector Dynamics 725cc, HKS Twin Spark DLI.

Helpful stuff
How to convert a JDM 180km/h speedo to 280km/h

Understanding MAF part numbers and compatibility
GTOJOE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2012, 12:29 AM   #4 (permalink)
got boost

camaro0281 Negative 1

i had hunch it might be that resistor for fuel pump.. thanks a tons people.. i did not know it is bypassed with maf unplugged... just felt like the fuel pump sputterin to catch up..
Old 12-14-2012, 12:37 AM   #5 (permalink)
got boost

camaro0281 Negative 1

havin one more issue.. got alternator from ebay. has warranty.. when i get to that miss and go farther in the rpms, my interior lights begin to surge like the regulator comes in and out.. now as i turn the cas clockwise it becomes less noticeable... and i think it would go away if went even more clockwise... has anyone heard of their car knowing where the timing suppose to be at??lol... its like the car is tellin where the timing should be... timing light isnt working and heard cas should be about in the middle... other than that i checked for any big air leaks.. had all the turbo plumbing off and pressure washed them along with both intercoolers..
Old 12-14-2012, 10:06 AM   #6 (permalink)
Drunk as a lord

Drives: 1995 Stealth TT
Forest Gump Level 2Forest Gump Level 2Forest Gump Level 2Forest Gump Level 2Forest Gump Level 2Forest Gump Level 2
Feedback Score: 107 reviews

so you are saying you hooked up a tool to the intake, pressured the intake piping, and went around every joint with soapy water checking for leaks? If you didn't do that you didn't find even half the boost leaks.

The first thing I'd do is get a reputable alternator. The "tests" the parts stores do practically amount to nothing.

Amazon.com: Denso 210-4130 Remanufactured Alternator: Automotive Amazon.com: Denso 210-4130 Remanufactured Alternator: Automotive
Forest Gump is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2012, 03:39 PM   #7 (permalink)
got boost

camaro0281 Negative 1
Dodge Re: baby come back...

ya heard that too. dam parts stores... ok looked up fuel resistor and relay bypass... im gonna try with simplest first.. using the jumper wire on pins 2 and 5 i belive...
the next one was getting a relay with harness,(didnt specify which relay he was using,) dont know if u can use just any ol 4 plug relay... but he taps the new relay into the old relay with that black wire with blue stripe that is just looped back into the same relay it cam out of, and runs short power wire from new relay to battery. must be 2 foot long at max...
then theres doing the whole power wire going all the to the fuel pump method.. i dont think i need that. thanks for everyones input. its well appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

3000GT/Stealth International Message Center > Modifications and Technical Support > Engine - Turbo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 3000GT/Stealth International Message Center forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Free email addresses do not work(yahoo, hotmail, gmail,...)
We are currently being blocked by AOL so any AOL based address may not work(aol.com, aim.com, netscape.net, cs.com)
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.