Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

Arc2

2K views 22 replies 6 participants last post by  TurboSinceBirth 
#1 ·
Bought a arc2 unit that appears to be like new. Not a scratch on anything! How can I tell if it is a "gp" unit or the "k". No sticker on unit. Includes 87mm mas. Seller said it is a year old from dynamic racing but I can't verify. Looks new tho.

#3 ·
It will normally be on the back with a sticker but you don't have that.

I'm not exactly sure how you'll be able to tell. I had a picture of the circuit board on a GP R5 but I can't seem to find it. I honestly wouldn't worry about which version you have. It's not like there's a big difference nor does one run night and day better than the other.

#6 ·
As long as it's not an ARC-2 A which is for DSMs or an ARC-2 NE. Neither will work on our cars and can't be converted so you're up a creek. GP R5 and DR are the only ones designed for our cars. If what you have was running good on a 3S before, then you should be good to go.

#13 ·
Sent my unit to mark at split second. They did a bench test and an update. Was $35 plus return shipping. I was told it was given the "dr" update. Should have asked more questions as to what that meant but was in the middle of something when mark called

Maybe Matt or turbo since birth can chime in as to what that update exactly is. Does the dr update have anything to do with dynamic racing??

#21 ·
You could make it work but I'm sure you'll have problems with it leaking at the housing where the plastic adapter for the filter meets. Neither end is rolled either so it may pop off easy under boost.

You'll probably want a straight through maf housing like the C&L. I'm not sure what the inner diameter dimensions are or if the maf size is the ID or OD but the 76mm should be close to the 3" intercooler piping depending on where they take the measurement from. C L 76mm MAF Mass Air Meter Housing Mustang Cobra | eBay

#23 ·
You just have to look at your maf sensor and determine which year Ford it came off of. Match up the housing to the corresponding years. I believe yours is a Granatelli 87mm maf. I don't recall which year sensor that one is but the shape looks familiar. It screws out of the housing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.