Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

650, 660, 680cc injectors piggyback afc 19T/750 tuning

2K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  TurboSinceBirth 
#1 ·
Just want to see how many folks are using a piggy back successfully with larger injectors and not blowing their engine from to much timing advance.

I have the 550cc injectors/DR650 injectors and I am looking to go to the 680cc on my afc/maft combo/DR750 but I do not know if I will run into issues with the larger injectors and more timing.

Any help would be much appreciated.

#6 ·
I haven't blown my engine just yet running 550s, 720s, and now 1000cc injectors on E70 with the ARC-2. I replaced the main and rod bearings before swapping in billet Devastators and so far the stock motor has held 31 psi. It will be awhile before I drive it again since I blew a coupler or something else a few weeks ago. I'll be using it as an excuse to do a 5-speed swap and a few other things.

The key with piggybacks is to select the injector size for your actual hp not just your goals. We might say I'd like to hit 650hp but only end up turning it up to 500hp for whatever reason. I'm using all of my Walbro 416/1000cc injector supply plus I need more fuel so my IDC is not low shifting the timing to a different part of the map blowing up my motor from advanced timing.

I honestly only stuck with a piggyback for ease of tuning. It works and is a crude way to tune the car but will get the job done for 98% of the people on here. I didn't want to pay for a $1500 standalone and then another $1500 for tuning/flying someone in. Then the flashed ecu came along and solved all the cons for me.

I have a flashed ecu that is going in after I get some other maintenance done on the car. It's a 100x better of a tuning solution than piggybacks and actually not all that more difficult to setup/tune from what I'm finding out. I will be more confident to push the stock motor further because I know what the ecu sees is what is happening not a bunch of altered signals from the piggyback fooling the ecu on what's really going on. It'll be much easier getting another 20-30% more power out of the car using the right tuning methods.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.