Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1st to 2nd gen 6G72TT question.

919 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  mikey4949 
#1 ·
Hey So i bought an engine and it said it was a Second gen engine (with the crank and cam sensors) and when it came it did have both sensors attached and looked like a 2nd gen engine. But the ecu that came with it was a 91 - 92 fed spec ECU which is a 1st gen. Is it possible that I got screwed and someone made a 1st gen 6g72TT into a 2nd gen?

If so would it work if I hooked up a 2nd gen ECU and a 2nd gen wire harness?

what would be the issues with this set up? Will it work or what do i need to do to make it work?

How can I tell if this engine WAS a 1st gen and is now converted?

The issue I'm having right now is there is week spark. It is pretty consistent spark but just really weak.

Thanks guys/gals

#2 ·
Is this a JDM? U have pictures? of cam and crank sensor?

#4 ·
K i own a jdm mitsu 3s (gto). All the years have 1st gen ecus because they dont have emissions like usdm.......

So if your car has emmisions youll need to get the correct ecu for yoour car if you have emissions laws where your at if not just dont plug in that harness clip

the pin numbers are labelled different on 2nd gen to 1st gen but the wire location for the differently labelled pins are the same thign so it will work,

Basically in a nut shell if your car doesnt have emissions on it if you take it off your car will be just fine. If you have emissions laws and need the car to run simple just buy a different ecu and youll need the egr valves and all that crap i have no idea what it all is someone else that goes through this emission crap should chime in,.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.