My small aussie build - 3000GT/Stealth International Message Center
3000GT/Stealth International 3000GT/Stealth International

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   3000GT/Stealth International Message Center > Regional Discussions > International(NON USA) > Australia

3SI.org is the premier Mitsubishi 3000GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2011, 05:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member

Drives: women wild (gto)
mrgtott is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Default My small aussie build

So fellas, just thought i'd make a small write up of what I am doing so far. I am not going nuts with this thing as I cant afford to as I am still in Uni till end of this year so plan is to use the stock engine but support it to make 350+ awkw

Currently:

Unknown turbos, 450cc injectors and a walbro fuel pump, straight pipe 3' exhaust, thats pretty much it. Need to fix radiator thermos as new radiator i installed doesnt have bungs for temp sensors therefor my thermos arent coming on. Also need to do all engine mounts whilst I am doing my turbos.

Build:

Just got my IPS 19ts in the mail the other day, looks pretty swag, but I need to get a clip on the turbine wheel done if I am to push them past 370awkw, so looking to do that sometime soon, Anyone know a good place in melbourne to get this done?

I am completely lost about injectors as I need more than 550cc but less than 680 and its hard to find anything in between, so i'll prob go the the 680s.

Also been tossing and turning in my sleep between an Emanage Ultimate and ARC2, As much as I would love the simplicity of an Arc2, not knowing exactly where my fuel curve is and having timing control kind bugs me so most likely go with an EMU now.

Still trying to sort out my FPR as well, hopefullly can get ROB Beck to make up another adapter for me and stick in a AEM 303

Got the Walbro 255 already in so will need to highflow it

Now the interesting part with my downpipe is its stock, I hate the way the rear turbo enters at 90degress so am thinking about getting it custom fabbed whilst am getting the o2 bung for the wideband installed. Hopefully I can get them to fab it up so it enters at a better angle to the front turbo exhaust stream.

Wideband o2- absolute necessity if your doing any kind of build and running decent power

Still undecided on clutch, hopefully an RPS Max street full face clutch with pp should be able to hold my power, havent bought one yet.

I bought another 5spd getrag box and just waiting for it to be delivered, will probably fix that one up and put it in. My current box is crunching pretty bad.

Well thats about it at the moment, will update as I buy and install things on the way. In a bit of a buying frenzy at the moment cos my target date for the build is mid-July

Maddy
mrgtott is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2011, 09:09 PM   #2 (permalink)
Forum Member

Drives: 1998 GTO MR
GTO-6105 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Default Re: My small aussie build

sounds wicked and good luck. my target build date ie get the car running and registered. is september for the lapsprints i also bought the 15g turbos off jayr and getting some 560cc injectors (i no, u talked me into it) . aswell as the stuff i bought off you. once it all rocks up to my place its going into the shop and it can get done properly (well as properly as people can do on a GTO) i also have the 100km service stuff coming with the kevlar timing belt, thermostat and replacement valve cover hoses. and last but not least get the new DS carrier bearings installed. hope i got enuff cash at the end. make sure u keep adding photo's to this thread. photo's are good. video's are better lol

marcus
GTO-6105 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2011, 01:13 AM   #3 (permalink)
Doin stuff

Drives: 1993 Mitsubishi GTO
GTO Assassin Level 2GTO Assassin Level 2GTO Assassin Level 2GTO Assassin Level 2
Feedback Score: 46 reviews

You want me to close this now? lol

Scotty
Old 04-21-2011, 02:27 AM   #4 (permalink)
Forum Member

lol Scotty, still going ahead, however if someone buys these turbos I wouldnt mind going either dr750 or 16g.
Old 04-21-2011, 02:43 AM   #5 (permalink)
TUFFTR & JDMBBQ

Drives: Mitusbishi Magna
TUFFTR is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews

Hey mate, I had the same problem as you in regards to radiator not having the extra bung for the temp sensor. I got a $30 adaptor from super cheap, took it down to an engineering joint with my spare temp sensor where they tapped in a new thread. installed it and works a fkn treat without any modifications needed to the wiring. Give that a shot hombre!

What's left
- Snow N/A meth kit - purchased!
- Enkei 18" wheels - purchased!
- Dyno Tune - All that's left.....
- Vapour Injection LPG system - purchased!
TUFFTR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2011, 04:14 AM   #6 (permalink)
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUFFTR View Post
Hey mate, I had the same problem as you in regards to radiator not having the extra bung for the temp sensor. I got a $30 adaptor from super cheap, took it down to an engineering joint with my spare temp sensor where they tapped in a new thread. installed it and works a fkn treat without any modifications needed to the wiring. Give that a shot hombre!
lol thats exactly what I was thinking of doing, good to know its the right thing to do though, thanx dude

One question though, if your talking about the same adapter as I think you are, there is only enough space for 1 temp sensor, but our cars had two, how did you get around this?

Cheers
Old 04-21-2011, 04:37 AM   #7 (permalink)
Forum Member

My 19t's, most likely go with these, unless someone wants to buy them in which case i'll go bigger

Sent from my X10a using AutoGuide App
Attached Thumbnails
My small aussie build-uploadfromtaptalk1303378625572.jpg  

Last edited by mrgtott; 04-21-2011 at 04:44 AM.
Old 04-21-2011, 05:14 AM   #8 (permalink)
Forum Member

Drives: GTO
OLS_Faust_17 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Good stuff Maddy, can't wait till see the final figure. By the way, send me a text or something 'cause I lost all my phone numbers when I updated my iPhone. Pete, if you're reading this do the same.
Management:
Chiptorque XEDE piggyback ECU.
Fuel:
Hotwired Walbro 255l Fuel pump, 550CC Delphi injectors, AEM FPR.
Exhaust:
Modified BBP Racing downpipe, High flow catalytic converter, 3 cat-back exhaust split into dual 2 exhausts with hotdogs and a pair of twin 3 dumpers.
Drivetrain:
Rebuilt 5 Speed and TC with MP bracket, 18 Spline 300M OS, Exedy HD Cushion Button clutch, Redline oils.
Suspension:
GAB HD Suspension, 3SX adjustable rear control arms.
Interior:
AM Stelung Steering Wheel, Big stereo with custom boot install, Tinted windows, Saber Smokey lens Boost gauge, 280km/h speedo.
Exterior:
Aftermarket Front Lip, 3SX Hood Vents, 18 Lenso D1R silver staggered rims with 235/40 (front) and 265/35 (rear) tyres.
OLS_Faust_17 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2011, 07:39 AM   #9 (permalink)
TUFFTR & JDMBBQ

Drives: Mitusbishi Magna
TUFFTR is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgtott View Post
lol thats exactly what I was thinking of doing, good to know its the right thing to do though, thanx dude

One question though, if your talking about the same adapter as I think you are, there is only enough space for 1 temp sensor, but our cars had two, how did you get around this?

Cheers
Well the radiator only had one bung but originally had 2 temp senders. So one went in the bottom of the radiator, the other I cut the hose close to the bottom and inserted the adaptor there. I can get a picture tomorrow if you like lol
TUFFTR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2011, 07:10 PM   #10 (permalink)
Forum Member

lol, thats my problem, my stooopid radiator has no bungs, pics would be much appreciated

Also considering the possibility of running e85, probably would need a second walbro and atleast 750cc injectors in this case. I am pretty convinced now to run an EMU so this takes care of the problem of running large injectors with an ARC2. Really dont want to go to the hassle or expense of replacing hard fuel lines and spoke to a few guys who are making 600awhp+ with stock lines so am going to give this a go first. Sticking a second walbro into my sender is going to be a PITA though, as well as figuring out how to merge the two and still connect to stock lines, like I said (Uni student on a budget with minimal time and money). Dont really have the dosh to pay $1k for a dual feed kit from 3sx, that money would rather be invested in my bottom end or even bigger turbos

If anyone has any ideas on how to setup dual walbros to stock hard line, your more than welcome to chime in

Maddy

Last edited by mrgtott; 04-21-2011 at 07:23 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

3000GT/Stealth International Message Center > Regional Discussions > International(NON USA) > Australia

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 3000GT/Stealth International Message Center forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Free email addresses do not work(yahoo, hotmail, gmail,...)
We are currently being blocked by AOL so any AOL based address may not work(aol.com, aim.com, netscape.net, cs.com)
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.