Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

MechanicalShutdowns Project Awesome

33K views 305 replies 22 participants last post by  MechanicalShutdown 
#1 · (Edited)
After being told multiple times to make my own thread outside useless banter here it is.
my current mods are
aesthetics
-99 front end conversion
-full respray
-removed wing
-cianci fibreglass bonnet
-first gen rear garnish
-99 sail panels

handling
-racing logic suspension
-saner sway bars

performance
-tanabe cat back
-dnp headers
-dr750s
-dr intake manifold w/ q45 throttle body
-ported lower intake
-99 lifters
-ets fmic
-3sx dual pass radiator
-ips setrab oil cooler
-ips fuel rails
-bosch 900cc injectors
-link g4 ecu
-8an braided fuel lines front to back
-dual walbros intank w/ old fuel feed line as new return
-aeromotive fpr
-braided oil/water/fuel lines.
-battery boot relocation
-rebuilt calipers
-braided brake lines
-stillen discs
-short shifter
-poly engine mounts
-greddy boost controller
-garrett boost gauge

future mods i have/paid for
-borg warner s366 turbo
-custom single turbo manifolds ceramic coated
-two tial wastegates
-6g74 block
-forged conrods
-forged 75 crank
-bride racing seats
-nbf engine bracket
-coil on plug

what i need to purchase
-pampena pistons 3.8
-water/oil pump gaskets etc basically a engine rebuild kit
-stage two cams
-valves etc

-need to modify the 74 na thermo housing for the turbo
-need to get a custom dump pipe made
-modify the single turbo cross over pipe for the head gap difference of the 74 block
-and a whole lot of machine work
-gearbox rebuild

See less See more
#3 ·
i said to Maddy a while ago he asked me what i was doing with the 750s, i said i was getting rid of them. i made him a deal, see if he still wants them. he said he will see when he gets back from his holiday :)

its going to be a 3.8 litre single turbo with stage 2 cams :) should be nice

#5 ·
will do brother. basically the next fun set of pics will be modifying the intake and make the throttle body on the right, buidling the engine and the rest of the fun will begin i cant wait. there is alot of crap i want to get rid of in my current engine bay. well what was my engine bay.

and thats about where my turbo will sit ;) thats a guy named Roy Cormiers he has the bigger brother turbo to what i just received

#7 ·
Great to see buddy, keep those pics flowing.

#16 ·
I believe i do somewhere unless i gave them away. Havent seen them in years. If i do ill let you know but i havent got them if i do at my house so if your in no hurry.

I havent really got
Much of an update, only pics of the engine out on a crane an them empty bay. But i can take a pic sometime of the new s366 next to a dr750.

#19 ·
lol these cars are powered from the passion of their owners.

#20 ·
Hey Mech?
Can you please take some photo's of the front turbo pipe underneath your car on your ETS intercooler kit? I hear its a real twisty bit of pipe :(

#23 ·
I seen GTWHOA's piping, he clocked he's front turbo to shorten up the pipe, looked real sweet too!

#27 ·
I remember those days.

#32 ·
I picked up my new seats today carbon fibre backs, Present from my mates they sell them on eBay etc. so comfy cant wait to have the beast going and take advantage of them. also picked up the engine stand, so i can start pulling the 72 engine apart and getting shit done.

also compared the two turbos when i was down there and there wasn't too much difference in size either.
i should hopefully receive my headers tomorrow for the single turbo kit, i got stuffed around with customs. soon Nelson should send the engine bracket.

anyone looking at buying a 72 block?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.