EOI: State Reps - 3000GT/Stealth International Message Center
3000GT/Stealth International 3000GT/Stealth International

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   3000GT/Stealth International Message Center > Regional Discussions > International(NON USA) > Australia

3SI.org is the premier Mitsubishi 3000GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2012, 10:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member

Drives: GTO TT MR
FRR35H is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default EOI: State Reps

Got this idea from Scotty's post on the OZGTO FB page, requesting he be the Perth Rep.
I'm not sure if we have set reps for the Aus section here, but I think it will be a good idea to have someone "incharge" of organising events etc. in the different states. Especially when it comes to NG's. As Scoot said at NG3 when someone said "lets do Tassie next!", "who will organise it?"

Anyway, I think we need atleast 1 or 2 (pref 2) individuals, who rep their respected states and keep the community active. I happily put my hand up for NSW and nominate Mick to be my sidekick :P

We already have Scotty I'd say as National Rep, but he can double up as a Perth Rep.

I'd say if we all put forward our votes, Scotty can be the one to finalize the decision.
Keep in mind the people responsible for each state, will have a fair bit of responsibility to up hold for the club. So vote wisely on who you'd think would be a decent fit to the role.

So my votes are:

NSW: Myself and Mick (MICHAELMR2)
WA: Scotty (GTOASSASSIN)
VIC: Pete (AUSGT3) and Maddy (MRGTOTT)
QLD: John (DUMBRURAL)
SA: NO IDEA
NT: NO IDEA
TAS: NO IDEA
ACT: do we even have people with GTO's there?
FRR35H is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2012, 03:14 AM   #2 (permalink)
Doin stuff

Drives: 1993 Mitsubishi GTO
GTO Assassin Level 1GTO Assassin Level 1GTO Assassin Level 1
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
Default Re: EOI: State Reps

Blade is in Canberra the poor soul. lol

As for state reps, I think it's a good idea, but maybe with more members? I may even change the roll call thread to have the various states + members for clarification on whose from where.

Scotty
Old 11-29-2012, 04:01 AM   #3 (permalink)
Forum Member

Even with the members we have now, wouldn't be a bad idea for when new members join, they can at-least know who to contact in their local states to meet up, get help from etc.
I wouldn't be counting on a flooding of new members like the US forums either lol so I think it's better now than later.
Another thing, when it comes to NG we can atleast put someone in charge for each state to get it sorted.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
Old 11-30-2012, 10:49 PM   #4 (permalink)
Forum Member

Drives: GTO MR 98'
dream.au is an unknown quantity at this point

Theres not enough of us SA folk online to be a rep. Maybe me and Emtark but he never posts just browses. Mitch is very inactive online and all others down here never show their faces all too much.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:58 PM   #5 (permalink)
Forum Member

it doesnt matter how many people there are in the state, its a matter of who in each state is willing to raise their hands and take on responsibilty when it comes to organising events etc.
Old 11-30-2012, 11:44 PM   #6 (permalink)
Twin Turbo

Drives: 1990 GTO TT
GTOJOE is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews

I think it needs to be an adhock thing as it happens. Not enough people and not enough active members in some states.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using AutoGuide App
1990 JDM GTO TT with Vi-PEC plug-in V44 EMS, TD04-13T's, 3SX Downpipe, MP Hi-flow cat, ARC SMIC's, Aeromotive Stealth 340LPH pump, Fuelab 515 FPR, Ninja Performance 75amp hotwire kit, oohnoo fuel loop & rail adapters, Nylon braided ethanol fuel line, NGK AFX Wideband, K&N FIPK, Iridium plugs, Turbo XS racing BOV, 3SX poly mounts, Custom 280km/h speedo.

Waiting install
Injector Dynamics 725cc, HKS Twin Spark DLI.

Helpful stuff
How to convert a JDM 180km/h speedo to 280km/h

Understanding MAF part numbers and compatibility
GTOJOE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2012, 02:02 AM   #7 (permalink)
Forum Member

Drives: Aug 92' Aust. 3000gt
Ausgt3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews

I do like the option for anybody to raise their hand if they want to take on the challenge.

If no-one opts to be a state guide then im sure we'll have members/people to fall back on.

I've spoken to a lot of people and so many good ideas out there, id love to see different people taking a shot at organising it.

Sounds like (at this point) we have keen people always ready to help out and that's just ace, but to also take a back seat and provide a few tips to help someone new to organise something like this would also be equally cool.

Great experience for anyone when they get a event going and see it come to plan.

Follow this link and subscribe to a once in a lifetime restoration at Complete Restoration
Ausgt3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2012, 02:15 AM   #8 (permalink)
I'm a Member

Drives: GTO 1996
MichaelMR2 is an unknown quantity at this point

I would like to avoid organizing

I've always said I'm happy to help...but being point man is a PITA
Old 12-01-2012, 04:36 PM   #9 (permalink)
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ausgt3 View Post
I do like the option for anybody to raise their hand if they want to take on the challenge.

If no-one opts to be a state guide then im sure we'll have members/people to fall back on.

I've spoken to a lot of people and so many good ideas out there, id love to see different people taking a shot at organising it.

Sounds like (at this point) we have keen people always ready to help out and that's just ace, but to also take a back seat and provide a few tips to help someone new to organise something like this would also be equally cool.

Great experience for anyone when they get a event going and see it come to plan.
very true!
What I'm more refering to is a Go-to guy for every state. They don't neccessarily have to be the one's organising EVERY event, as you said, they can be the one just providing advice and tips to those who are running an event. Just need a point of contact for each state for when things get a little to tough for just one member.
Again i still keep my hand raised for NSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelMR2 View Post
I would like to avoid organizing

I've always said I'm happy to help...but being point man is a PITA
??? i dont think so man. you did a great job with NG. all you gotta do is keep up what you do now :P
Old 12-01-2012, 05:02 PM   #10 (permalink)
I'm a Member

Drives: GTO 1996
MichaelMR2 is an unknown quantity at this point

I dunno, I'm kinda keen for someone like Mechanical Shutdown or a new person to stand up someone with new interesting idea's, I'm bored of mine
MichaelMR2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

3000GT/Stealth International Message Center > Regional Discussions > International(NON USA) > Australia

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 3000GT/Stealth International Message Center forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Free email addresses do not work(yahoo, hotmail, gmail,...)
We are currently being blocked by AOL so any AOL based address may not work(aol.com, aim.com, netscape.net, cs.com)
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.