Cruise control speed limits and 180km/h limit - Page 2 - 3000GT/Stealth International Message Center
3000GT/Stealth International 3000GT/Stealth International

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   3000GT/Stealth International Message Center > Regional Discussions > International(NON USA) > Australia

3SI.org is the premier Mitsubishi 3000GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2013, 02:58 AM   #11 (permalink)
Forum Member

Drives: Aug 92' Aust. 3000gt
Ausgt3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Default Re: Cruise control speed limits and 180km/h limit

Do you want my HKS FCD unit to try out?

I dont need it now ive gone AEM s2

Follow this link and subscribe to a once in a lifetime restoration at Complete Restoration
Ausgt3 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2013, 04:29 AM   #12 (permalink)
GTO-92

Drives: Aus 92 3000gt
TUFSIG is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Car needs to be running to use cruise control lol
TUFSIG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2013, 02:51 PM   #13 (permalink)
Twin Turbo

Drives: 1990 GTO TT
GTOJOE is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Re: Cruise control speed limits and 180km/h limit

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTWHOA View Post
Speed limit defender?
This is what I was talking about. Not sure if it does anything else other that remove the limit.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using AutoGuide App
1990 JDM GTO TT, oohnoo fuel loop & rail adapters, Fuelab 515 FPR, Ninja Performance 75amp hotwire kit, Aeromotive Stealth 340LPH pump, Nylon braided ethanol safe fuel line, K&N FIPK, Vi-PEC plug-in V44 EMS, Iridium plugs, Turbo XS racing BOV, ARC SMIC's, TD04-13T's, 3SX poly mounts, NGK AFX Wideband, Maximal Performance hi-flow cat, Custom 280km/h speedo.

Waiting install
Injector Dynamics 725cc, HKS Twin Spark DLI.

Helpful stuff
How to convert a JDM 180km/h speedo to 280km/h

Understanding MAF part numbers and compatibility
GTOJOE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2013, 03:08 PM   #14 (permalink)
I'm a Member

Drives: GTO 1996
MichaelMR2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews

I've not tested the speed limit thing since I have the new ECU, pretty sure the cruise still only goes to 110, Pete was saying something about the ecu supplying the current speed to the cruise module?
Old 02-14-2013, 05:23 PM   #15 (permalink)
Twin Turbo

Default Re: Re: Cruise control speed limits and 180km/h limit

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelMR2 View Post
I've not tested the speed limit thing since I have the new ECU, pretty sure the cruise still only goes to 110, Pete was saying something about the ecu supplying the current speed to the cruise module?
Can you test your cruise control and see if it's still limited? That would effectively rule out the ecu.

Old 02-15-2013, 12:58 AM   #16 (permalink)
Forum Member

Drives: '93 3000GT
DaveAust is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Can confirm the AUDM is 110 limited. And its bloody annoying.

Something else that just came to mind, if you cut pin 66 (ecu speed input) will the AWS still work? Does it have an external speed input or get it from the ECU?
'93 3000GT with 15G's, 3SX adj. cam gears, Kevlar timing belt, MSD leads, Billet crank pulley, Intake & throttle body spacers, Oohnoo's fuel loop, Maximal fuel rail adaptor & gauge, AEM FPR, Scanmaster 3, Tein Flex coilovers & EDFC, Maximal Adj. control arms, Free boost mod, Maximal perf. stage 2 t-case brace, matrix pod filter, (some) poly mounts, dejon pre-turbo pipes

In the garage:
Innovate LC-1, Aeromotive stealth 340lph pump, 3sx brake lines, HKS EVC5, HKS SSQV, DNPerformance td04 manifolds & O2 housings, Dejon Y-pipe, STM fuel kit
DaveAust is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2013, 02:59 AM   #17 (permalink)
Twin Turbo

I believe aws and ecs get their speed signal from the sender unit on the gearbox.

Old 02-15-2013, 05:46 AM   #18 (permalink)
Forum Member

Drives: 3000GT Gen1+Gen2
benjoid is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I will have to test the cruise on my oz delivered car, hardly ever use it. Does the ECS take speed so it can change to sport mode over a certain speed? anyone know what speed ?
benjoid is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2013, 07:14 PM   #19 (permalink)
Twin Turbo

John - from the 1993 Technical Manual.

Quote:
Anti-Rolling Control
CONTROL START
Change to a higher damping force according to the control map for the vehicle speed and steering wheel angular velocity which depends on the operation of the steering wheel.
CONTROL HOLD
After switching to a high damping force and holding that condition for 1 second, return to normal damping force (SOFT).
Quote:
High Speed Response Control
CONTROL START
When vehicle speed exceeds 130km/h (81 mph) in the TOUR mode, the damping force changes from SOFT to MEDIUM to improve high speed stability.

CONTROL HOLD
Damping force which is changed to MEDIUM is held while the vehicle speed is over 120km/h (75 mph) but when it falls to 120km/h (75 mph), the damping force returns to SOFT.
Quote:
Anti-Diving Control
CONTROL START
When the stop light switch goes ON, the ECS control unit calculates deceleration from the change in vehicle speed. As a result, after the stop light goes ON, if deceleration calculated within 0.4 sec. exceeds 0.15G, the shock absorber damping force is changed to MEDIUM. If the stop light switch is ON and the computed degree of deceleration exceeds 0.4G, there will be a change to HARD.

CONTROL HOLD
The damping force after changeover is held while calculated deceleration is over 0.15G and when it falls below 0.15G, the damping force returns to normal (SOFT).
Quote:
Anti-Squatting Control
CONTROL START
When the accelerator pedal is pressed (returned), it changes to a higher damping force through map control of the vehicle speed and speed change in throttle opening (closing). There are 2 control maps - when the accelerator pedal is pressed and when it is returned (throttle opened and closed). Furthermore, when the throttle position sensor output voltage stays over 4.0V for more than 1 second at vehicle speed of 3 - 100km/h (2 - 62 mph), it
is judged that there is full throttle acceleration and the damping force is switched to MEDIUM.
CONTROL HOLD
After changing from a high damping force, there is first a 1 second hold in that condition and then the suspension reverts to the normal
damping force (SOFT). When full throttle acceleration is judged, the suspension reverts to the normal damping force (SOFT) in one second after the control conditions are not satisfied.
Quote:
Pitching/Bouncing Control
CONTROL START
When the ECS control unit judges that there is serious pitching and bouncing of the vehicle (washboard road driving) via the output of the G-sensor, the damping force is changed to HARD for a flat and comfortable ride with no vehicle pitching and bouncing.

CONTROL HOLD
When the ECS control unit judges that there is no more pitching and bouncing of the vehicle via the output of the G-sensor, normal damping force (SOFT) takes over at the same time.

Bad Road Response Control
When the ECS control unit judges that there is fine pitching and bouncing of the vehicle (bad road such as gravel road, etc.) via the output of the G-sensor, the suspension is changed to MEDIUM for improved riding comfort and bad road driving even if the damping force should be set to HARD by some other control.
Old 02-16-2013, 07:24 PM   #20 (permalink)
Twin Turbo

Pete - The HKS FCD raises the fuel cut limit. When the car hits the 180km/h speed limit is uses the fuel cut method so it makes sense that it also increases the limit. To what point I don't know. Not sure how it effected the cruise control. Was your cruise control limited before installing the FCD? If it was then we can safely assume it's the ECU controlling the speed limit.

HKS FCD

HKS SLD

There is a member on here using the HKS SLD and has confirmed it works [removes 180km/h speed limit].

I can also confirm that when I had the speed converter chip installed I was able to reach speeds over 180km/h also. I just want to test my theory about connecting it to pin 66. I need a guinea pig. I have a spare chip here. If it works you can keep the chip.

Any takers?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

3000GT/Stealth International Message Center > Regional Discussions > International(NON USA) > Australia

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 3000GT/Stealth International Message Center forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Free email addresses do not work(yahoo, hotmail, gmail,...)
We are currently being blocked by AOL so any AOL based address may not work(aol.com, aim.com, netscape.net, cs.com)
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.