Re: Rebuild

You sir have too much money and too much time :D

#4 ·
Reactions: slindley123
#7 ·

Toooooooooo much workkkkkkk!!!

What sort of colour you thinking?
I'd love to go some sort of two tone baby blue/black or have a blacktop give it more of a sporty look although without a kit not to sure 2nd gen probably the less aggressive of them all.

Any time limit?

#8 ·

So far i have this for exterior works

Re-spray undercarriage with weather protective sealer
Engine bay something of a light grey pearl
Body will be very close to Grey barra (reventon) not as flat though
Interior has color to match with engine bay
Highlighted parts ie. brake calipers will be something of a bright orange

Nothing set in concrete yet, just thoughts.
I have 2 colour coders and the panel shop guy coming out to my place tonight to create a color scheme.

#1,376 ·

I wish I had more time and $$... good luck with build..
This colour looks good..
http://autoanything.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/ferrari-california-1.jpg?w=500
After reading back through this restoration i finally found out who lead me on the path to the blue color i have now..! I couldn't find it before because the link is now broken but if you read the address it mentions "Ferrari-California" which is where it started.

Geez Joe looks like i have to take back that praise and redirect it to Petey in Western Aus.

If you're listening Pete, this color is care of your suggestion. Thank you.

#11 ·

Ohhh nice *drool*

#12 ·

Question: What colour would people paint their gto?

#17 ·
#23 ·

Lose the ghey hoop spoiler then it will look nice. 99 wing as it's a 99 front or an AA wing.

#25 ·

Will need 3 guys for a hand shortly, i have completely stripped the exterior of the car and need help getting the rear sub-frame out. I will have it supported from underneath and with the extra hands will lift the chassie up and over the sub-frame, move the frame and then the car back into the garage.

Date will be in a week or 2, please let me know iif you are free either Next Sunday or the following Sunday?

Cheers

#26 ·

Will need 3 guys for a hand shortly, i have completely stripped the exterior of the car and need help getting the rear sub-frame out. I will have it supported from underneath and with the extra hands will lift the chassie up and over the sub-frame, move the frame and then the car back into the garage.

Date will be in a week or 2, please let me know iif you are free either Next Sunday or the following Sunday?

Cheers
At this stage i'll prob be back in Melb by next sunday [2 weeks away] so I can help you out.

#27 ·

Cheers buddy! Need 2 more ppl if poss plz :)

#29 ·

So Sunday June 13th, needz a chop out :)

1. GTOJOE
2. Andrewrx8
3. ?

#32 ·

1. GTOJOE
2. Andrewrx8
3. WRCVR4

Thanks chaps, rock up say 1pm? Ill make sure there are refreshments and... fuk it bbq is on - anyone welcome :thumbsup: