6g75 Dohc? - 3000GT/Stealth International Message Center
3000GT/Stealth International 3000GT/Stealth International

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   3000GT/Stealth International Message Center > Regional Discussions > International(NON USA) > Australia

3SI.org is the premier Mitsubishi 3000GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-16-2009, 04:54 AM   #1 (permalink)
Twin Turbo

Drives: 1990 GTO TT
GTOJOE is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Default 6g75 Dohc?

Just wondering if it exists... I think there was a DOHC MIVEC version.. but is there a non mivec 6G75 DOHC? Or do I need to be looking at the 6G74 DOHC?
Looking at a possible GTO engine upgrade. Maybe rebuild and drop in when complete. Not sure about the strength factors though.

Micheal - You looked at these options... any suggestions?
1990 JDM GTO TT with Vi-PEC plug-in V44 EMS, TD04-13T's, 3SX Downpipe, MP Hi-flow cat, ARC SMIC's, Aeromotive Stealth 340LPH pump, Fuelab 515 FPR, Ninja Performance 75amp hotwire kit, oohnoo fuel loop & rail adapters, Nylon braided ethanol fuel line, NGK AFX Wideband, K&N FIPK, Iridium plugs, Turbo XS racing BOV, 3SX poly mounts, Custom 280km/h speedo.

Waiting install
Injector Dynamics 725cc, HKS Twin Spark DLI.

Helpful stuff
How to convert a JDM 180km/h speedo to 280km/h

Understanding MAF part numbers and compatibility
GTOJOE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2009, 06:00 AM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

Drives: m*f*ing time vampire
inperfectdarkness Level 2inperfectdarkness Level 2inperfectdarkness Level 2inperfectdarkness Level 2inperfectdarkness Level 2
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Default Re: 6g75 Dohc?

you need to search 3.5L upgrades. save yourself the ass-pain & go with a 6g72 or a 6g74.

there is no such thing as DOHC 6g75, there probably never will be. there will probably never be another non-mivec 6g7x performance engine.
inperfectdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2009, 09:41 PM   #3 (permalink)
I'm a Member

Drives: GTO 1996
MichaelMR2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by inperfectdarkness View Post
you need to search 3.5L upgrades. save yourself the ass-pain & go with a 6g72 or a 6g74.

there is no such thing as DOHC 6g75, there probably never will be. there will probably never be another non-mivec 6g7x performance engine.
half and half...

correct, the 6g75 has a single cam shaft, and this is the only variant it came in, it does still have 4 valves per cylinder however so it's as good as you get.

the 6g75 MIVEC heads will fit on a 6g74 block...give or take a little adjustment

the 75' block is also missing some mount points...

the 74 block IS the way to go...you just need to chose to stuck with the standard crank, or go with a 75 crank and a little overbore to get you up to 3.7L

Old 04-16-2009, 09:51 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

inperfectdarkness Level 2inperfectdarkness Level 2inperfectdarkness Level 2inperfectdarkness Level 2inperfectdarkness Level 2

i've yet to hear anyone running mivec heads on a 74/72 block & actually making good boost out of it. yet.
Old 04-16-2009, 09:53 PM   #5 (permalink)
I'm a Member

that's true, but there are 3 people at last check going this direction as we speak, I know of quite a few more that will be there in a few more months.

I'll be another 3-6 months before I start buying the parts for my build.

Good stuff:

MIVEC Build
a 6G75 present for you (ras463us)lol
6G74 performance
MIVEC 6G75 teardown...lots of pics

Last edited by MichaelMR2; 04-16-2009 at 10:01 PM.
MichaelMR2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2009, 02:44 AM   #6 (permalink)
Twin Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by inperfectdarkness View Post

Sounds expensive. How strong is the standard 6G74 crank? is it really worth the effort to use the 6G75 one?
Old 04-17-2009, 03:10 AM   #7 (permalink)
I'm a Member

standard 6g74 crank is great, very strong...the journals are wider so you have more surface area if you get me...the 6g75 crank is cool as it's a very cheap drop in upgrade, and it gives you more stroke so you have a considerably larger capacity engine from it, warning on this...alot of australian cranks seem to die so I'm a little concerned purchasing an aussie one. My general plan is buy a whole eclipse motor and ship it over, that way I can swap parts at my leasure etc.

you have spent some time on John's site right?

Monnin Engineering at WrenchMonkey.com

he is the pioneer for alot of this stuf
Old 04-17-2009, 04:19 AM   #8 (permalink)
Twin Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelMR2 View Post
standard 6g74 crank is great, very strong...the journals are wider so you have more surface area if you get me...the 6g75 crank is cool as it's a very cheap drop in upgrade, and it gives you more stroke so you have a considerably larger capacity engine from it, warning on this...alot of australian cranks seem to die so I'm a little concerned purchasing an aussie one. My general plan is buy a whole eclipse motor and ship it over, that way I can swap parts at my leasure etc.

you have spent some time on John's site right?

Monnin Engineering at WrenchMonkey.com

he is the pioneer for alot of this stuff
I believe I have stumbled across the site some time ago but never read the section regarding the 6G74 conversion. After reading it maybe it's too much work. I'm not after crazy power and this would only be cheap if you have the right place and equipment to work on it yourself. Which I have neither of. I can't believe your working on yours in such tight conditions. Also the inability to fit a strut brace is an issue. I would really like to stiffen up the whole body. Was even looking at a middle strut brace. Front middle and rear. Not sure how legal the middle one is though.
I might purchase a cheap 6G72 and slowly rebuild it. Maybe just forged internals and strengthened crank.
Do you know if the Eclipse engine will fit? or you have to modify everything John did?
Old 04-18-2009, 08:48 AM   #9 (permalink)
I'm a Member

eclipse(75') engine is much worse, all sorts of crap does not even remotely fit, only usefullness is bolting some of it's crap on the 74 block. Unless you want more than 600hp at the wheels honestly, your best sticking with the tried and true 72'
Old 04-18-2009, 09:52 AM   #10 (permalink)
Banned

you can get 600hp to the wheels--ON PUMP GAS--WITH A 6G72.

ray is the MAN!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

3000GT/Stealth International Message Center > Regional Discussions > International(NON USA) > Australia

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 3000GT/Stealth International Message Center forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Free email addresses do not work(yahoo, hotmail, gmail,...)
We are currently being blocked by AOL so any AOL based address may not work(aol.com, aim.com, netscape.net, cs.com)
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.