Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

What I did today

406K views 10K replies 285 participants last post by  DCIV 
#1 ·
OK got this idea from another forum, I like the idea so im gonna make a thread here for us. Its car related so if you did anything to your car post it in here(not if you got some lastnight). So if you want to share with everyone you dont have to make a new topic every time, or wait for the next meet(which is far away from now). It will also be a good way for me to talk to myself lol. Yeah im bored. One week left then im back to work.

So i'll start with yesterday. I learned how to take the sideskirts off a car, pita btw.

#2 ·
yesterday, i replaced the trans mount...

day before that, i replaced the rear mount...

today, i'm replacing the front mount...

and when 3sx delivers my top mount, that will be installed too...

:evil2:

Reactions: ZERO
#16 ·
i'm right there with you...

at least mine is supporting itself... with under inflated tires...

#21 ·
I took out my Active Aero computer today, since I dont have the front air dam at all, and the rear wing would get stuck in the up position when I bumped the button. And the light was staying on when that happened. I'm just wondering what this little black box is on the front of it. Can someone tell me please? Sorry it was getting dark. Heres a pic:

#26 ·
Granny, I think they should have listened to you. You want to match the injectors with the rest of the setup. It makes tuning much easier. Some might disagree with me on that but that is what I have been told by one of the best.

#27 ·
+1 on 450's

there's no need for all that fuel capability for 9b's

#28 ·
Re: What I did Today

I do have an excellent support group that teaches me alot. ;)

That settles it. Hubby said we would do what ever I decided on.
He said from now on I would make all the mechanical decisions for the car.

450's it is.

Good job Guys

Granny

#29 ·
while 450's are ideal I ran 550's with my 13g's granny. They will work when needed but 450 are better suited and if your adding meth then you will have more then enough fuel. Just get after it now, just like I am, because I want to take my car and enjoy it at NG.

Coop

#30 ·
Just get after it now, just like I am, because I want to take my car and enjoy it at NG.
Coop
Is you car still running Coop. Last I saw you were driving it. no bumper, no hood but driving it.

Anyway what I did yesterday..
Finally started taking parts off that GTO clip. The more I work on it the more amazed I am at how brand new everything is. It's the cleanest nicest newest car I think I've ever wrenched on. Such a shame it was cut in half. Can't wait to get all the goodies in my car.

#33 ·
Today I pulled the axles and stuff off the GTO to get the engine tranny ready to be pulled. Also pulled my Transfercase. Lucky me it's a 25 spline.

#36 ·
did my spark plugs (denso iridium :D ), and replaced the top motor mount...

only one left is the front motor mount...

i saved the easiest for last... ;)

#43 ·
Might want to redo those wastegate hoses. They both should be equal length to the T and then to your MBC or EBC. If they arnt equal then you can run into weird boost issues and make one turbo work much harder then the other.

Coop

#48 ·
I got a small list of stuff to bring. Dont worry paul, no matter if I bring everything I will still not have exactly what I need. Only thing that sucks about checking timing is the lower timing cover and getting it off. That thing is a bitch.

Coop

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.