Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

How to check your oil pressure sender

46K views 45 replies 31 participants last post by  RealMcCoy 
#1 ·
#27 ·
I noticed that wire hanging when I had everything apart over winter. I test drove it for the first time today and had 0 oil pressure on the gauge. It was running good and didn't have any dummy lights on.

I'm glad this was an easy fix!

Thanks

#36 ·
Great Thread, I looked under my car didnt want to take the shield off so i looked from the top of my engine to where that wire was and sure enough i saw. I grabbed that wire and reached to see if i could feel the connector and bam found it, slid that girl on and i was in business. Thanks alot that oil gauge not working was pissin me off hahahah

#37 ·
I've been staring at mine since I've been under my car alot. I don't have a little flat metal part that sticks off of that round gold thing. (Great mechanic jargon I know) Do I have to replace the entire gold thing or does the flat metal part slide on?

#38 · (Edited)
Its a nipple that sticks out of that sender and its a wire with a black clip that slides over the nipple. There isnt any flat metal piece that that comes off the nipple just the metal thats inside that black clip. Also it does slide off pretty easily... I hope that this is what you were looking for if not let me know.

ps: i uploaded the pictures upside down somehow lol

Attachments

#40 ·
my sender just has a ring terminal around the end of it.. no harness, terminal leads thru firewall into the oil pressure guage im assuming. is this normal for an aftermarket one?

#41 ·
it doesnt work i assume? I have seen some senders that have like a two prong deal at the end of it and some that have a ring terminal that has a screw going into it, i can look through my manuals tmrrw and send you some details about how it is all connected if you need it. np

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.