Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

Rear Quarter Panel Removal Tutorial - HD Video

12K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Purdue3KGT 
#1 · (Edited)
YouTube - Stealth Rear Quarter Panel Removal - still processing with YouTube as of 12:50 EST, should be ready shortly.

Stealth 316 reference instructions:
Stealth 316 - Quarter Trim Replacement

---------------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone,

Here's a video tutorial I put together on how to remove the rear quarter panel from a 3S car. The most common reason for removing the panel is to replace the rear speakers, but there are other electronic components behind the panels that might necessitate removal as well. I've mostly followed the instructions from Stealth 316, so you can download and print them for a reference as you remove your panels.

The video is a tutorial of how to remove the panel from start to finish. It was my second attempt at the removal (2 panels in the car, removed the pass side first and filmed the driver's side removal). The video runs just shy of 10 minutes, and the actual panel removal ran about 21 minutes, so it's not as much of a chore as it might look like when you read the tutorial or just stare at the panel in awe. It's a pain in the butt all right, but if it can be done in around 20 minutes, it's not really all that bad. Figure this - I had to hold the camera with one hand and remove the screws/parts with the other, and I still knocked it out in around 20 minutes. You can do even better without the added responsibility of filming! Don't let it intimidate you - you can do it!

The video has a bit of shake in it from having to video with one hand and remove parts with the other. I used iMovie '09 on a Mac and added image stabilization to help cut down on this as much as possible. iMovie also added the transitions automatically, so they were pretty much preset into the movie by the software. Overall, it works fine - remember, the goal here is to show you how to remove the quarter panel, and not so much to produce a highly entertaining video masterpiece.

The video is in 720p format and runs at 30fps.

Thanks for checking out the video, and I sincerely hope it helps you in your car service goals. 3Si has shared a lot of great information with me, and I hope this does the same for others.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.