Why 3S gets no respect...? - Page 73 - 3000GT/Stealth International Message Center
3000GT/Stealth International 3000GT/Stealth International

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   3000GT/Stealth International Message Center > Automotive Discussions > New Owner Questions

3SI.org is the premier Mitsubishi 3000GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2012, 01:24 PM   #721 (permalink)
Super Duper Mod

Drives: deals
lawdogg Level 3lawdogg Level 3lawdogg Level 3lawdogg Level 3lawdogg Level 3lawdogg Level 3lawdogg Level 3
Feedback Score: 97 reviews
Default Re: Why 3S gets no respect...?

Originally Posted by ray pampena View Post
Cant we all just smile and get along?
No!
lawdogg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2012, 02:17 PM   #722 (permalink)
Ancient Spirit Of Evil

Drives: Mumra tank
kelvinTurbo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Lol lawdog!

Everytime I see one like that my heart sinks because I know all the crap people will talk on it... Frankly I see more Chevys getting towed than 3000... But yeah far too many vr4, can't make a 100 mile trip back and forth no wonder they got this rep

Well that and most of the owners when they open their door you hear some grunge thing playing... But I guess that's better than Dsm owners and their "what is love? Lady don't hurt me" coming out of the speakers

I can show you what it's like to lose control...

Last edited by kelvinTurbo; 11-19-2012 at 02:22 PM.
kelvinTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2012, 02:24 PM   #723 (permalink)
Verified Seller

Drives: 1992 3000GT VR-4
Djmba is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 19 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelvinturbo View Post
"what is love? Lady don't hurt me"
Hey now. I like that song!

3.01L, 13T turbos and supporting mods.

Djmba is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2012, 09:46 AM   #724 (permalink)
JNS Engineering

Drives: 3000GT Spyder VR4
JimVR4 Level 1JimVR4 Level 1JimVR4 Level 1
Feedback Score: 8 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelvinTurbo View Post
The car will get respect when you stop seeing them on flatbeds getting moved around town, oh man I just saw 2 getting towed and mine is sitting in a bank parking lot with a dead fuel pump
Mine's hiding away in the garage with a dead fuel pump lol !

Mod list (scroll down the page)
JNS Engineering has your Spyders covered (and uncovered too!!)
JimVR4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2012, 10:27 AM   #725 (permalink)
MIDWESTsl

Drives: 98 SL
rambow70 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawdogg View Post
In the 6 months i have had my car, its been on a bed twice, but i still love it for some reason haha

One time was my fault, the next time was a brand new timing belt that shredded at 3k rpm so it was prob just a defect.
rambow70 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2012, 02:19 AM   #726 (permalink)
user and abuser...

Drives: 07 Trailblazer SS
bengeeee is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews

I don't even have one yet, but when my gf told a friend of mine I was considering buying a stealth, he asked me if I was in high school (Btw when I was in high school these cars were 40 - 50k easy so he must have gone to a much different high school than me). Anyways, so many people have no idea what these cars are and can do. IMO slow sohc owners passing their cars off as twin turbos give us a bad name. The rarity of TT models also gives them a bad name because people think they are all slow sohc or dohc models. Don't get me wrong, the sohc and dohcs are still beautiful cars to me, but when people act like they are something they are not they give the platforms flagship model a bad name. Also, as the cars depreciate, a younger, less educated crowd is given access to the platform. A crowd that is new to cars and is now forced to contend with an aging performance car. When they beat on a 120k plus car that hasn't been maintained properly and it breaks, they blaim the car and not user error. I know our cars aren't the "MOST" reliable, but when properly maintained they are far from the worst reliable sports cars. In the end, rarity, misunderstanding, cost (being on the low end but on the high end to maintain), hurt our reputation. I stopped caring what other people thought of the platform a long time ago. If I hadn't, I wouldn't be looking to get back into a 20 year old platform. I guess you either love these cars, hate them, or simply don't know enough about them to make an informed decision. I for one still love them. Happy Thanksgiving btw!

Ben

92 Sandstone VR4 (Sold),94 Pearl Yellow RT TT (Sold)
94 Red 3000gt VR4 (Sold), 2007 Trailblazer SS (DD)
bengeeee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2012, 08:10 AM   #727 (permalink)
Forum Member

Drives: 1991 stealth rt tt
kyle91 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

I have a 91 stealth with a set of turbobobs 15gs on it running 20 psi I've been doing that for almost a year and when I race I use 50 shot of nitrous I use my car as my dd I'm pushing 450 500 on nitrous so there are a lot of reliable 3s they break just like anything else
kyle91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2012, 09:39 AM   #728 (permalink)
Forum Member

Drives: 94' 3000gt VR4
DBomb117 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

All the kids i went to school with have civic si's and vw golfs and they all ask me if im gonna put springs on my car to make it "hellaflush". My response is -__- NO!!! Its like they all fear me. They dont really know what a 3s turbo is but they fear it because of the the turbos. Its kind of funny. Also one time i had a kid tell me that his 2011 golf gti with a turboback, intake, and a tune made 400whp (LMFAO) and would smoke my VR4 with turboback, intake, and a tune which was proabably making about ~320awhp. Yeah id like to see that

Last edited by DBomb117; 11-23-2012 at 09:41 AM. Reason: speling errors
DBomb117 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2012, 11:24 AM   #729 (permalink)
Forum Member

Drives: 95 SL
Zues2k is an unknown quantity at this point

Ugh, high school kids and their vehicles that daddy bough for them. I remember one kid had an S2000 that was actually his moms. I love S2000's and I used to have one but that kid thought he was some hot shit driving around in his mothers light blue s2k. Every vehicle I have owned I have bought with my own money, never been handed a thing when it comes to that.
Zues2k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2012, 11:44 AM   #730 (permalink)
Forum Member

Drives: 1992 SL 3000GT
SOM1992 is an unknown quantity at this point

Another problem is they really didn't have a preceding model before 1991. RX-7 had the RX-7 of the 80's and 70's, and before that, there was the RX-4, Supra had the Celica Supra, then split the two, Skyline been around since the 60's, same with the 300ZX ( 240,280 and the Z30 chassis from the 80's) and so on. Yes, Mitsubishi had the GTO from the 70's, but there was no lineage from it to the Z11/Z15/Z16 chassis, plus they didn't have as much track tested data to go off from, so they marketed it as a luxury sports car that was loaded to the gills with electronics, problem is, they were neat yesterday, today, they are a burden of the car working properly, or financially, hell some of the stuff is still Mitsu only.....21 years later!
SOM1992 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

3000GT/Stealth International Message Center > Automotive Discussions > New Owner Questions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 3000GT/Stealth International Message Center forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Free email addresses do not work(yahoo, hotmail, gmail,...)
We are currently being blocked by AOL so any AOL based address may not work(aol.com, aim.com, netscape.net, cs.com)
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.