What led you to the 3000GT / Stealth? - Page 5 - 3000GT/Stealth International Message Center
3000GT/Stealth International 3000GT/Stealth International

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   3000GT/Stealth International Message Center > Automotive Discussions > New Owner Questions

3SI.org is the premier Mitsubishi 3000GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2012, 11:47 PM   #41 (permalink)
Verified Seller

Drives: 1991 Stealth ES
westcott is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Default Re: What led you to the 3000GT / Stealth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordache16 View Post
Then I would buy another one (either Red or White this time) and totally upgrade the thing to turn it into a super car.
My next one will be a TT and it will definitely be a barn burner.

Original Owner, ROTM-March 2013, ROTY 2013, Highest WHP N/A 2013, TXG13 3S Sponsor
My mod list can be found in My Garage
westcott is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2012, 11:49 PM   #42 (permalink)
Verified Seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by skrub View Post
My junior year in high school I worked at a car stereo shop and a kid from a rival school had a red VR4,........ I had to wait 20 Years to have my dream car. Well now I have one and Im rebuilding her motor and going to enjoy the years spending time driving on the back country roads......
All good things come to those who wait!!!!!!
Old 12-09-2012, 11:53 PM   #43 (permalink)
Verified Seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by daneboy5 View Post
It was May 1991, my Army buddy John talked me into taking him down to the Nashville Mitsu dealer. He and I had a fistful of money when we got back from Desert Storm. He had a fistful of dollars and he had to have a VR4. I had no idea what these "Jap" cars were...at the time. lol After he paid his very large down payment, they opened the doors to let him drive it out...only to find he couldn't drive a stick!!! So, I got to drive it off the floor and then teach him how to drive it! He later traded it in on a new 94VR4 and I drove that one too. I couldn't afford it back then due to being a young family man. I always had an eye on them, worked on a few here and there but it wasn't until some years later that I would own a 3s for myself. Now look at me...I am a 3s hoarder!!! I need help!
Just be thankful your wife gets it. Mine does not.

My only saving grace is that she has a heavier right foot than I do!!!!
Old 12-09-2012, 11:54 PM   #44 (permalink)
Paid Member

Drives: m5, 540i, sti
alexknight is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I was in high school on summer break, I had gone to Farmington NM to see family and my cosine had bought a 92 stealth r/t the forest green. I got in late that night and went to bed, the next morning we went to breakfast I remember walking out the door and seeing the car it had me at first sight then hook line and sinker when I got into it. For a R/T it was loaded with everything a R/T could have without being a R/T TT. My family had always been into German cars mostly Mercedes, BMW's. Myself having a 300E at the time, I started looking at stealth's on the web and ran across the 3000gt's, over all I liked them more then the stealth's. then I sold the mercedes and bought a 92 SL.... it went down hill from there 6 later I am still in love with them.
alexknight is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2012, 11:56 PM   #45 (permalink)
Forum Member

Drives: 1991 3000GT VR4
Superfast3000GT is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcott View Post
I know what you mean. My wife does not understand it. Glad you guys do. Proves I am not the only one with this syndrome.
The biggest question is, what in the world stops you from getting a TT? I mean, they are so cheap now that if mine broke it would probably cost me less to buy another then fix mine. Being a original owner is a cool thing, but original ownership doesnt give you a swift kick in the pants like a TT. Im on my 3rd 3S now. Granted, its hard to let go, but upgrading if at all possible is a good thing if u really love the platform.
Old 12-10-2012, 12:14 AM   #46 (permalink)
Verified Seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfast3000GT View Post
The biggest question is, what in the world stops you from getting a TT? I mean, they are so cheap now that if mine broke it would probably cost me less to buy another then fix mine. Being a original owner is a cool thing, but original ownership doesnt give you a swift kick in the pants like a TT. Im on my 3rd 3S now. Granted, its hard to let go, but upgrading if at all possible is a good thing if u really love the platform.
I have owned a lot of vehicles over the years and many of them make a TT look like it is standing still.

My driveway already has five cars in it and my wife and I are the only drivers in our household!!!!

I need to get rid of a few before I get a TT. This will provide the funds to really go all out and I now have the time to do the research and turn the wrenches on an E85, twin DR1000, AEM setup. I have it almost all planed out but I can be patient. It will happen quickly and it will be much quicker than anything I have owned to date.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:30 AM   #47 (permalink)
Forum Member

Drives: 1992 VR4
ultwill is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

I was 14 playing Gran Turismo 1 on playstation. The Mits GTO couldn't be beat. Here I am.
Old 12-12-2012, 02:37 PM   #48 (permalink)
kaizoku

Drives: 91 VR4
oreidenewyork is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

I think I was around 7 when I saw a green 1st gen around the block from me. Not sure if it was TT but I loved it.. and here we are
91 VR-4 DR700s, 3.1l block, stock heads w/ 99 lifters, SB stage 4FE, AEM fpr, RC 660inj, Wally400 e85 pump, STM abs delete, MP solid mounts, Dual Core FMIC, DNP O2s, ATR dp, tanabe knockoff, Flash ECU, STRI Gauges, LCD Boost controller, Tial BOV, DNP y-pipe
oreidenewyork is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2013, 04:37 PM   #49 (permalink)
Forum Member

Drives: 1999 3000GT base
Nick H is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Well, I don't exactly own one yet, but thats going to change hopefully.

Anyway, I saw the '99 version for the first time when I was 8 or 9 on the Need for Speed underground 2 game. Almost 10 years later, I'm looking to own one in real life. I still play the game too.
Nick H is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2013, 06:12 PM   #50 (permalink)
3SNY - HondaTurtleFTW

Drives: 92 VR-4
FluffyCow is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews

I bought a 91 ES as a daily. Teh googles led me here. That and faint memories of early 90s RT TTs had ne hooked, and I don't ever plan on not owning at least one 3s

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

1991 Dodge Stealth ES
- The car that started the 3S obsession
Mods: Open air filter, "resonator" bottle removed

1991 Fiji/Mystic Blue R/T TT 1 of 235(paint/R/T TT only, can't find more info, VIN is a 1 of none number)
Sold 6/19/11 to my923ksl
1992 silver VR-4 - 1 of 152 identical
Show: 99 Sails, 99 rear garnish, 2nd-gen steering wheel, Kaze exhaust cover, Pioneer Premier h/u, aftermarket speakers(Alpine type s's I think), 10 inch JL W1 sub in spnallb corner box.
Go: 15G Turbos, FMIC, ATR DP, ACT clutch, 3-inch singleshot(Currently off car due to bottoming out), no cats, HKS SSQV BOV, PWR rad, Ksport coilovers, 3sx rear adj. control arms, fECU w/ FPR solenoid as BCS, Cianci gauge pod w/ Defi D-series(Boost, EGT, oil pres), 93 shifter.

1987 Dodge Ramcharger - The back-up plan. Mods: Non-computerized timing, custom white gauge faces and red LED illumination, cat-back straight pipe, Chevy seats, Ford running boards, and Mopar everything else.
Wife's ride: 2014 Hyundai Sonata 2.0T --still waiting for permission to mod.
FluffyCow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

3000GT/Stealth International Message Center > Automotive Discussions > New Owner Questions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 3000GT/Stealth International Message Center forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Free email addresses do not work(yahoo, hotmail, gmail,...)
We are currently being blocked by AOL so any AOL based address may not work(aol.com, aim.com, netscape.net, cs.com)
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.