What led you to the 3000GT / Stealth? - 3000GT/Stealth International Message Center
3000GT/Stealth International 3000GT/Stealth International

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   3000GT/Stealth International Message Center > Automotive Discussions > New Owner Questions

3SI.org is the premier Mitsubishi 3000GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2012, 10:02 AM   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member

Drives: '94 Black VR4
jordache16 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question What led you to the 3000GT / Stealth?

I was going to post this in reply to a different thread but decided to make a new topic on it. I figured others may have some type of story about how they came to love/own these cars.

I'm pretty sure my interest in 3000GTs originally started with Gran Turismo. My friend got me into the game for PS1 back in middle school. Since then I have owned and played every one of them up to Gran Turismo 5. I'm pretty sure the 3000GT was in every version of the game, I would always buy one and keep it in my garage just to have it.

I know my older brother always wanted a 3000GT when he was in high school, I can remember going with him to look at a couple but he never ended up buying one. Then when I was in late high school my dad, who owns a car dealership, had two 91 VR-4s come through his dealership around the same time. I ended up driving one for a month or so while I looked for a cheap car for college. I remember that VR4 scared the crap out of me every time I would drive it. It had some type of engine modifications and it was putting out a ridiculous amount of power. I only recall laying into it a select few times but one time I had all 4 tires spinning while making a right turn at a stop sign, I almost lost control of the thing. Ironically the same friend who introduced me to Gran Turismo several years earlier was in the car with me at the time. I fell in love with these cars after driving that Pearl White 91 VR4 for a few weeks and that's when I decided that I would own one some day.
jordache16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2012, 10:06 AM   #2 (permalink)
Forum Member

Drives: '94 Black VR4
jordache16 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What led you to the 3000GT / Stealth?

I have always kept my eye on these cars over the years; occasionally checked ebay, AutoTrader, craigslist, local classifieds, etc. Mainly I just wanted to keep an eye on prices and to see if any really good deals came along. I also had my dad keep an eye out for any that may be scheduled to come through one of the local auto auctions (Manheim and what not). Well I never really found anything and while putting myself through college for 5 years, I was never in a position where I could buy one anyways. Which wasn't a big deal, as I wasn't in a big hurry and I knew some day I would be able to get one. In college I wanted a cheap car that got good gas mileage anyways. Well fast forward to February of this year; I now had been out of college for a couple years and decided to start looking more seriously for a 3000GT.

I was dead set on getting a 94 VR4 for several reasons, I would have taken a 95 as well but 94 was ideal. Color wise it had to be red, white, or black. Well I quickly found out just how rare these cars were, but in reality this is just another one of the many reasons that I love these cars. There would be maybe one or two 94 or 95s that would come up a month that were within a reasonable distance that had under 100K miles and were in decent shape. I was looking on eBay, AutoTrader, Cars.com, CraigsList, classifieds, pretty much everywhere I could think of. But with the ones that I did find there was always some type of gotcha. The car was either several hundred miles away; something fishy with the carfax report; over 100K miles; not the right color; paint or interior was in bad condition, you name it. Well finally a few weeks ago, after 9 months of looking I found exactly what I wanted and the car was only a couple hours away. Long story short I bought the car on the spot and now drive it pretty much every day. I love the thing and don't expect to ever sell it.
jordache16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2012, 10:15 AM   #3 (permalink)
Forum Member

Drives: 92 JDM GTO TT VR4
klfong is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews

Always wanted one since 1991 due to the overall looks, performance and technology of that time, but couldn't afford it then. Had to settle for an Eagle Talon Tsi AWD instead... 20 years later, I could finally afford one as a backup car to my less than reliable 2005 Jaguar XJR and they're so rare over here now.... with less than 8 left in the country. Also can't afford an R35 as well as the Jag....
klfong is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2012, 10:16 AM   #4 (permalink)
Always Learning

Drives: 2013 WRX Prem 4D WRB
mikeyVR4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews

My balls started rattling when I got close to one.
mikeyVR4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2012, 11:33 AM   #5 (permalink)
Forum Member

Drives: 3000gt
fakemessiah23 is an unknown quantity at this point

my dadjust started dating this new girl who owned one ive always been v8 kinda guy my dads always had one along with lifted jeeps hah, any way shes had the car forever drives it every now and again. i drove a 85 cavalier so needles to say i wanted it especially since n one was driving it, well it continued to sit there and i tried to move on bought a little sentra ser fun little car financed it for like 3 yrs or something and a year later a month before my last pay ment they tell me there gonna sell it i was like i dont have the money but im gonna get it. so i made my last payment on the sentra sold it for 1000 dollars less and put that on the car and owed my dad like 4000 still slowly paid that off. this car was cherry im 3rd owner 52xxx miles on her and other than her being 17 yrs old she still looks new. only an sl but that works for me right now.

that all being a year ago she now has 61xxx miles and all her maintenince work done she is still awesome, ithink the only way ill trade her is for a vr4 in same shape but people arent handing those out lol
plus also the car i leaned to drive a 5spd
fakemessiah23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2012, 11:37 AM   #6 (permalink)
New User - Please be kind

roninpwns is an unknown quantity at this point

I saw it in Midnight Club: Los angeles complete edition and fell in love with it
roninpwns is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2012, 11:48 AM   #7 (permalink)
Verified Seller

Drives: 1992 3000GT VR-4
Djmba is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews

Dad bought a stealth R/T a couple of years ago to fix up and turn for a profit. I thought it was pretty cool. He said they were the same thing as the 3000gt and I knew I had heard the name before. A couple of months later he sold it and bought a 95 3000gt base and a 92 SL. When I saw the 3000gt it dawned on me. In the town I previously lived in, there was a white 3000gt down the road always parked under a carport. I would always ride my bike over there to see the car and I always remember thinking, "That car's ass is so sexy." Lol. I liked the quad tip exhaust also. The stealth started our obsession though. We've owned 6 of them- 3 non turbos, a NA converted to TT, and 2 VR-4s- and have had a friend's 2 stealth TTs sitting in our driveway for over a year.

3.01L, 13T turbos and supporting mods.

Djmba is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2012, 12:00 PM   #8 (permalink)
Forum Member

Drives: 3000gt
fakemessiah23 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djmba View Post
Dad bought a stealth R/T a couple of years ago to fix up and turn for a profit. I thought it was pretty cool. He said they were the same thing as the 3000gt and I knew I had heard the name before. A couple of months later he sold it and bought a 95 3000gt base and a 92 SL. When I saw the 3000gt it dawned on me. In the town I previously lived in, there was a white 3000gt down the road always parked under a carport. I would always ride my bike over there to see the car and I always remember thinking, "That car's ass is so sexy." Lol. I liked the quad tip exhaust also. The stealth started our obsession though. We've owned 6 of them- 3 non turbos, a NA converted to TT, and 2 VR-4s- and have had a friend's 2 stealth TTs sitting in our driveway for over a year.

hahah thats what my gf said sitting in my truck one day thats why i like that car look at that ass
fakemessiah23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2012, 12:07 PM   #9 (permalink)
Slowly rebuilding...

Drives: '94 Base
nihilism5150 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

I had seen them before but never in person. In my junior year of high school I saw a '92 Stealth base (I know, not exactly the sexiest) for sale near my job at the time. I bought it for $1400 bucks and instantly fell in love. Then I sold it and realized that I couldn't go without one so then I bought my 3000GT.
time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
It is its natural manure."

- Thomas Jefferson
nihilism5150 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2012, 12:44 PM   #10 (permalink)
U.S. Army Retired

Drives: 96 Stealth R/T
ntcmpjg is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 25 reviews

I had a friend in high school who loved these cars he always wanted one but died in a motor cycle accident in early 2005, he was with me when test drove one when I was 17 but I couldn't afford it at the time. So I told myself I would own one I started withe a Base Stealth then to a VR4 then the rest is history lol I'm one of the lucky that can say I own a 96 Stealth R/T rare yes but I have 1of1 Orchid Pearl with black interior and a RHD 3000GT Twin Turbo at the same time.

3000GT of Europe
www.3sofeu.org/main
Cherry Hill Mitsubishi Coupon Code- 3SE
ntcmpjg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

3000GT/Stealth International Message Center > Automotive Discussions > New Owner Questions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 3000GT/Stealth International Message Center forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Free email addresses do not work(yahoo, hotmail, gmail,...)
We are currently being blocked by AOL so any AOL based address may not work(aol.com, aim.com, netscape.net, cs.com)
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.