VR4 vs new GTR "supercar"!? - Page 9 - 3000GT/Stealth International Message Center
3000GT/Stealth International 3000GT/Stealth International

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   3000GT/Stealth International Message Center > Automotive Discussions > New Owner Questions

3SI.org is the premier Mitsubishi 3000GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2013, 09:02 PM   #81 (permalink)
Hunting another 3S

Drives: 05 BMW ZHP
Fenrir is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default Re: VR4 vs new GTR "supercar"!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelvinTurbo View Post
with 95k I can make anything faster and better than a GTR, even a GEO metro and it will still be leaps and bounds cheaper to maintain and mod, all I have to do is buy a GM crate ZR1 engine and stuff it in a geo metro body, then put tein EDFC for suspension and run massive 275 rubber all around, ta-daaaa !! welcome to sub 10 sec 1/4 times and totally insane 3 secs to 60

Anyone who can spare 95k for a car is not into modifying anything and if they do they will probably just drop another 95k on top of the price of the GTR just to be better than Justin Timberlake's pagani zonda S across the street, please stop comparing the vr4 with other cars, the car is nice but in truth very outdated, and plagued with tons of nightmarish electronic issues as it ages, truth be told the 3.0L in the car is a capable motor but in the last 20 yrs a 2.0L now makes 300hp(evo) and a bmw 3.0L makes around 400hp with a ecu chip reprogram still giving you 30mpg, I have never eeked out 30mpg from the vr4, at most maybe 27 by feathering throttle, I am really disappointed Mitsubishi can just sit on their ass and watch their history be thrown in the garbage, how their last hurray addition to the automotive world is going to be the ugliest most idiotic egg shaped electric uninspiring car of all time, a car that is the epitome of all that is gay... I cannot comprehend how a brilliant light weight design like the concept RA will never be implemented. Mitsubishi must be run by a couple of French female salon owners

Stop comparing the car to something it will never be, not unless someone decides to update the car and start selling new models, like they did with deloreans
THANK YOU. I am a 3s fanboy and I have loved these cars for a very very long time. But the car has long since been abandoned by it's parent company and in the face of new automotive tech, showing it's age.... Badly... This car proved itself against the Skylines back in it's day anyways. I commend anyone who can build their car to run with the GTR and other modern supercars. The fanboy in me wants to think the car is capable of anything. The adult and responsible side of me remembers all the awesome, teeny, lil things that break on the 3s and simply want to keep the beautiful car running. And it is sad to see a company with a history like Mitsu relegate it's cars to what they have become today. I would love to see them reproduce the 3s. It was an amazing car in a time when the word "Turbo" ruled the high end Japanese market with cars like the FD RX-7, 300zx tt, Supra Mk4, and Godzilla. But for now the GTO is a like ghost from another era. Still scary as all hell in top form, but.. showing it's age and speaking in a slightly different accent than the new kids on the block. But hey, ya don't forget a good one when ya see it .

Last edited by Fenrir; 01-01-2013 at 09:14 PM.
Fenrir is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2013, 11:34 PM   #82 (permalink)
Doin stuff

Drives: 1993 Mitsubishi GTO
GTO Assassin Level 1GTO Assassin Level 1GTO Assassin Level 1
Feedback Score: 46 reviews

Quote:
In every community I ever have been part of, this is one statement that pisses not only me off but just about everyone who is a true enthusiast. Usually uttered by elitists and some rich shop owners and vendors that believe themselves above everyone else.
Hopefully your meal was good and you took some valium. The statement I made was true and guess what? I'm not a vendor or an eletist. It's the harsh simple truth that a fair portion of members here are cheap. Just yesterday a well known member here (and a member I respect and admire) offered what I thought was a pretty ordinary price for a part on sale. It's happened ever since I became a member here and will continue to do so. It's not everyone, but a lot.

I have yet to try some eBay turbo but I'm sure they probably are just as good as buying some inflated 3,000 dollar name brand greddy/hks turbo.

lol.... Thanks for the good laugh. Please do try that and lets us know how far you get.

Scotty
Old 01-02-2013, 11:42 AM   #83 (permalink)
vice prez: TPW

Drives: '99 VR-4
J-Groove Level 3J-Groove Level 3J-Groove Level 3J-Groove Level 3J-Groove Level 3J-Groove Level 3J-Groove Level 3J-Groove Level 3
Feedback Score: 59 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warzone View Post
Don't forget they had the GVR4 too...
Oh yeah! Thanks.

Crazy I missed that one, I LOVE the later gens GVR4s that we never got over here.

--3Si# 592--'99 VR-4 #216/287 --
ROTM Dec. '07-- --Chromed ECU | 3SGTO Flash Tuning
J-Groove is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2013, 03:22 PM   #84 (permalink)
Forum Member

hwoarang2009 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

The mods right..

Look at the price depreciation at the GTR... just like the 3s... So they are similar

Granted they 20 years apart...
But same weight
Similar price
They gonna hit rock bottom in few years time... heck even some r34 GTRs are hanging around a r35 GTRs price range.

Imagine if mitsu released a 2013 3000gt... It would match the new GTR and LOOK better doing it.
3000gt UK. 1602kg.19T FMIC with custom piping, Stage 4 unsprung, hotwired walbro, 10mm leads, 19" kahn dish wheels, custom aws lines, little bit of weight reduction, AFPR, Battery in boot, Hotwired AC fan, Full zorst with no cats, 20psi of 19T TURBO boost running 99 oct and Meth. UK 11G turbo times 12.6 1/4mile and 4.6s 0-60. Sprayed FORD ICE WHITE. 500.3HP/480lbs TQ
hwoarang2009 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2013, 03:28 PM   #85 (permalink)
Forum Member

hwoarang2009 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Quote:
I have yet to try some eBay turbo but I'm sure they probably are just as good as buying some inflated 3,000 dollar name brand greddy/hks turbo

I could go on but I'm tired and I'm cooking pot roast for my family, much more rewarding than ordering some expensive bs for my car from some elitist vendor.

Anything worth touching must be won through sweat and blood...
As a matter of fact... Im using some ebay turbos right now.. 506hp 19Ts and still pumping out fun . No shaft play or frig all. Matter of fcat theyve just released a Billet compressor version .
Keep on topic though
hwoarang2009 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2013, 05:31 PM   #86 (permalink)
Forum Member

Drives: 94 3000GT VR4
Logicus is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwoarang2009 View Post

Imagine if mitsu released a 2013 3000gt... It would match the new GTR and LOOK better doing it.

Looks are the only thing I would question... Mitsubishi has put out some ugly vehicles since 94... hell, look at what they've done to the Eclipse over the years... sitting behind one in traffic now forcibly reminds me of Kim Kardashian - not in a good way.
Logicus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2013, 05:44 PM   #87 (permalink)
Paid Member

Drives: Twin EVO III
starquest 2875 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by simzworld View Post
Their gearbox helps for sure.

For info, here is a single turbo vr4 (Andre's car from Ukraine) vs a GTR

Nissan GTR vs Mitsubishi 3000GT - YouTube
wicked !!!!!!
Advertisement

3000GT/Stealth International Message Center > Automotive Discussions > New Owner Questions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 3000GT/Stealth International Message Center forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Free email addresses do not work(yahoo, hotmail, gmail,...)
We are currently being blocked by AOL so any AOL based address may not work(aol.com, aim.com, netscape.net, cs.com)
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.