How to remove scratches on Window tint - Page 2 - 3000GT/Stealth International Message Center
3000GT/Stealth International 3000GT/Stealth International

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   3000GT/Stealth International Message Center > Automotive Discussions > New Owner Questions

3SI.org is the premier Mitsubishi 3000GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2006, 01:06 PM   #11 (permalink)
boostu

Drives: 2012 Ford Focus Ttn
Tytanium is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default Re: How to remove scratches on Window tint

Quote:
Originally Posted by yelve
OT, but anyone know a good place to buy tint online? i'm looking for 5% or darker for my tint strip. i bought the cheap stuff at walmart and now its purple.
I would never tint my own car. The bodyshop next to where I work comes in to clean the cars they work on, and I've never seen such an array of poorly "home tinted" cars. Go find a good customs shop or a tinter in the yellow pages and have them do it. It's worth the extra $100-150, trust me.
Tytanium is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2006, 01:19 PM   #12 (permalink)
Mr. 3000

Drives: NA 3K
yelve is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tytanium
I would never tint my own car. The bodyshop next to where I work comes in to clean the cars they work on, and I've never seen such an array of poorly "home tinted" cars. Go find a good customs shop or a tinter in the yellow pages and have them do it. It's worth the extra $100-150, trust me.
yeah i had all the windows tinted at a shop but they cant' do the windsheild strip down as far as i want it for legal reasons. which isn't hard to do yourself. i've tinted a couple of those before. tinting isn't really that hard unless the windows are as curved as ours. the shop had to do a couple tries on my windows and wasted alot of film. made me glad i didn't even try
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColombianPlaya7
I think everybody will tell you that when it comes to your car, in no instant should "buying the cheap stuff" ever enter your mind
yep i know that by now(for the most part). i was just wondering if anyone knew a site i could buy some good non dyed stuff thats dark. preferably 2.5% or darker
yelve is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2006, 03:12 PM   #13 (permalink)
Paid Member

Drives: 1994 Stealth
Stealthee Level 3Stealthee Level 3Stealthee Level 3Stealthee Level 3Stealthee Level 3Stealthee Level 3Stealthee Level 3
Feedback Score: 151 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by yelve
yeah i had all the windows tinted at a shop but they cant' do the windsheild strip down as far as i want it for legal reasons. which isn't hard to do yourself. i've tinted a couple of those before. tinting isn't really that hard unless the windows are as curved as ours. the shop had to do a couple tries on my windows and wasted alot of film. made me glad i didn't even try
Legal smegal. When I had my tint done the guy asked how dark. I told him 15% and hes just like cash only then. The tint shop shouldnt be able to be held liable for what you get anyway. They are just applying what you ask for.
Stealthee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2006, 03:28 PM   #14 (permalink)
3000gt parts man

Drives: BMW M3, & 2 3000gts
calbright is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

The best way to remove scratches form window is to go to walmart and buy a roll for $9.00 and then follow the directions and paste it into the spot where youy have scratches at.

Be sure to cut it exactly where the the scratches are and paste it into the exact position of the area you need it the most
I have so many 3000gt parts every morning I wake up and I have to step over them when I get out of bed. If you need parts you should emasil me at: albrightc@dtrs317.org and get you some for real cheap....
I know your know I am not perfect because I can not walk on water yet.
calbright is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2006, 08:51 PM   #15 (permalink)
Forum Member

Drives: 1995 VR-4
TurboVR4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chain
You can't fix scratch tint. You will have to remove it.
To save yourself some money you can remove it yourself. Then you will just have to pay to have new tint put on. It almost cost as much to have it removed as it does to have it applyed.

http://www.automedia.com/Removing/Wi...cr20021101tr/1 <--removing tint.
Chain - Thx for the link on removing tint - very helpful. Your car is the same color as mine - what color tint do you have?

Anyone know of a trust-worthy, reasonably priced, tinter in the Northern VA area?
Old 11-12-2006, 09:07 PM   #16 (permalink)
3000gt parts man

Drives: BMW M3, & 2 3000gts
calbright is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

There is a company called "THE LAB" in fredericksburg, VA they charge $169 for whatever tint you want but you have to pay cash for tint that is lower than the legal limit only because of liablity concerns.

They did my BMW M3 really nice

However if you want to save money...
Tinting is so easy I could do it in my sleep. The only reason I let them do my M3 is because I did not want to get messy and the prices of putting tiint on is so cheap now, compared to the past
The reason most people's tint is so jammed up and look horrible is because they do not get messy like I do.

First you need to cut the right size of the tint by putting it on the car without removing the backing and put it adhesive side up meaning the side you are going to put it in you car must face the outside so that when you get to the next step it will stick to the glass and not your hands.

Then once you have an exact cut you will HAVE TO GET MESSY because
the people with clean clothes afterwards are usually the ones with the bubbles at the end.
I get a bunch of soapy water and make it as soapy as possible and put it really thick onto my windows
then I put the tint on it and it moves freely...
Now once it is on you just squeeze the water/soap with a squeegy <--hope I spelled that right
out and wha la!!!!!

Your tint is on without bubbles.
calbright is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

3000GT/Stealth International Message Center > Automotive Discussions > New Owner Questions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 3000GT/Stealth International Message Center forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Free email addresses do not work(yahoo, hotmail, gmail,...)
We are currently being blocked by AOL so any AOL based address may not work(aol.com, aim.com, netscape.net, cs.com)
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.