Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

93 Stealth RT AC issue

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  TwinTurboGuy 
#1 · (Edited)
I will try to be brief.

AC was working fine then stopped cooling. Previous owner said that it does leak but it's slow. Took it to the repair shop for a diagnosis. The system has been converted over to 134A. The previous owner said that when they did the changer over, certain things stopped working. (Steering wheel controls and the cruise control). I'm not overly concerned about that specifically, but will take any and all advice regarding those issues as well.

The repair shop found a small leak which they said could be repaired with no problem.

The issue is, they can't get the compressor to engage (to accept the Freon?). The compressor was engaging and cooling at one point, but it wasn't cooling great, so I assumed that it just ran low on Freon.

They said that it could be "the AC computer". I'm not sure what they mean!! Any and all thoughts and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

#2 ·
There's several things that can cause a compressor not to engage, but there is an A/C computer/module (MB897174) located under the dash on the passenger side. I'd go through and check out all the connections/wiring for the A/C system, and for anything that isn't working. It sounds like they might not have done a great job wiring up the conversion.

Also Stealth 316 - Air conditioning troubleshooting tips

#3 ·
Also i learned from someone to always change the Ac filter ALWAYS.
I had 3 cars with AC problems and changed AC filter and every single one stays working now and doesn't quit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.