91 Alarm? remote? reciever? key fob? - 3000GT/Stealth International Message Center
3000GT/Stealth International 3000GT/Stealth International

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   3000GT/Stealth International Message Center > Automotive Discussions > New Owner Questions

3SI.org is the premier Mitsubishi 3000GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2009, 12:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
Born To Build

Drives: '95 Dodge Stealth TT
Bluejediz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Default 91 Alarm? remote? reciever? key fob?

Hey there, I tried searching but couldnt find much about 91 alarm systems. I had no idea my car (91 rt/tt) had an alarm until today I was sitting in side and heard it go off. I just put the key in the door and unlocked it and it stopped. Since it had an alarm id like to take full advantage of that. My questions are....
Does it arm itself when I lock the doors?
Is it possible to get a key fob that will allow keyless entry/arm disarm for a 91? https://www.ikeyless.com/vehicles/do...67?shoppingcom is what i found while searching....will it work?

Also, Do I need both the remote and the reciever? I have lots of experience with electrical applications in cars but very little with actual alarm system so a quick run down on how 3/s systems work would be awesome. Thanks in advance!
Bluejediz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2009, 03:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
Verified Seller

Drives: 93 3000GT VR-QUATTRO
CHRIS75 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Default Re: 91 Alarm? remote? reciever? key fob?

Yes it arms itfselft when lock doors, If your alarm went off you should already have the little box/receiver controller thing.
You should try to look for a remote here or ebay, i have no feedback on that link ( but it may work ) hopefully someone else can say something about it.

Check on 316 stealth for unit location ( you'll need it to program new remote ) and how to program.
The originals 1G remotes had two buttons and after that three.

when getting a new remote you gotta check the fcc number on the back or something like that to see if it will work with your car.

F1 ... Where Nascar & Indi Drivers Dream To Compete
CHRIS75 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2009, 03:15 PM   #3 (permalink)
Forum user

Drives: VR-4, 95 5.0h
vr4-us is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews

subscribed
1995 Mustang GT conv. T-347 project
1977 CJ-7 Jurassic Park Theme project
vr4-us is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2009, 03:20 PM   #4 (permalink)
Makin' moves like U-haul.

Drives: 95 Stealths & Vr-4
Firestorm95RT Level 1Firestorm95RT Level 1Firestorm95RT Level 1
Feedback Score: 10 reviews

The OEM alarms are garbage. They're great if someone pops your hatch, hood, or opens your locked door.. sometimes.. but in general, they're crap.

Look up Autopage alarm systems, or if Clifford is still around, they're great too.

95 Stealth TT - Welded VCU, Greddy Type S, Stage 2 Clutch, Fidanza Alum. Flywheel, 400+lb Weight Reductions, F-Boost+, ECU Tune, Full Stainless Exhaust SoundsofSex, RotMass Trans reductions, Hardpipe, K&N, Unorthodox UD Pulleys, Upgraded Fuel Pump Vac Reductions, 55W 4300k HIDs, NA pedal assembly conversion, EPIC Tires, despite what RonStealth says, 3SX Solid MM, 3SX Big Bores, Twin T4 turbos dom, NOS fogger system.. enough to blow myself up.
Firestorm95RT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2009, 06:10 PM   #5 (permalink)
Forum Member

Drives: 91 3000GT-SL (N/A)
Awake is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

The 3000 '91 does not have a 'real' modern alarm system with a keyfob, remote unlock, etc.

What it does have is a 'security system' that honks the horn, blinks the lights, etc if the door is unlocked without using a key. It takes a few seconds to arm itself when you turn off the ignition. After that, if the door lock is pulled up without a key, for example by breaking a window and reaching in or using a slimjim, then the security system disables the car and makes some noise.
Awake is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-31-2009, 06:55 PM   #6 (permalink)
NOTADSM

Drives: GTC, R/T TT, SRT-4
Polygon Level 1Polygon Level 1Polygon Level 1
Feedback Score: 23 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awake View Post
The 3000 '91 does not have a 'real' modern alarm system with a keyfob, remote unlock, etc.

What it does have is a 'security system' that honks the horn, blinks the lights, etc if the door is unlocked without using a key. It takes a few seconds to arm itself when you turn off the ignition. After that, if the door lock is pulled up without a key, for example by breaking a window and reaching in or using a slimjim, then the security system disables the car and makes some noise.
This.

There was no key less entry for the 91' models. When you lock the doors you should see a "security" light flash on the gauge cluster. To make it factory key less you would have to take the entire system from a donor car. You'd be better off installing a good alarm system.
Old 09-01-2009, 03:16 PM   #7 (permalink)
Paid Member

Drives: 1994 Stealth
Stealthee Level 3Stealthee Level 3Stealthee Level 3Stealthee Level 3Stealthee Level 3Stealthee Level 3Stealthee Level 3
Feedback Score: 151 reviews

Finally some people got it right.

To confirm, there is no remote for 91's. It is only a passive security system. The only way to disarm it if it goes off is with the key, just like how you disarmed it when it went off on you.

Keyless entry did not begin until late 92 model year.
Stealthee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2010, 02:44 AM   #8 (permalink)
Forum Member

Drives: '92 VR4
FirstTwinTurbo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awake View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polygon View Post
This.

There was no key less entry for the 91' models. When you lock the doors you should see a "security" light flash on the gauge cluster. To make it factory key less you would have to take the entire system from a donor car. You'd be better off installing a good alarm system.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthee View Post
Finally some people got it right.

To confirm, there is no remote for 91's. It is only a passive security system. The only way to disarm it if it goes off is with the key, just like how you disarmed it when it went off on you.

Keyless entry did not begin until late 92 model year.
Thank you guys. I had a discussion about this with a friend of mine. He has a '91 VR4, and is pissed he doesn't have keyless like me. He thinks the people who sold him his car lost the keyfob, disarmed the active alarm and just gave him the keys to use manually. I don't know much about the 91's, so I couldn't really dissuade him.
FirstTwinTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2010, 04:52 AM   #9 (permalink)
Paid Member

Drives: 1994 Stealth
Stealthee Level 3Stealthee Level 3Stealthee Level 3Stealthee Level 3Stealthee Level 3Stealthee Level 3Stealthee Level 3
Feedback Score: 151 reviews

You can tell him he is 100% wrong. There were no real alarms on any 3s from the factory. Only a passive alarm and 91 and 99% of 92's had no keyless entry.
Stealthee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2010, 03:33 PM   #10 (permalink)
1992 Stealth R/T

Drives: N/A Beauty Queen
jbavousett is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

^ I was so happy to see the keyless remote reciever in my '92 when I had the panels off to pull the stock speakers out of the rear. One day I'll get a key fob and set it up.

3000GT/Stealth International Message Center > Automotive Discussions > New Owner Questions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 3000GT/Stealth International Message Center forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Free email addresses do not work(yahoo, hotmail, gmail,...)
We are currently being blocked by AOL so any AOL based address may not work(aol.com, aim.com, netscape.net, cs.com)
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.