Clutch Pedal Stuck To The Floor.... - 3000GT/Stealth International Message Center
3000GT/Stealth International 3000GT/Stealth International

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   3000GT/Stealth International Message Center > Modifications and Technical Support > Front Wheel Drive - Drivetrain

3SI.org is the premier Mitsubishi 3000GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2010, 04:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member

Drives: Elvis around Memphis
Flash Gordon is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Thumbs down Clutch Pedal Stuck To The Floor....

I hope this is the right section. I was looking for the "I'm Fucked Again Section" but had no luck

1994 Stealth sohc fwd:

So I'm coming home from work sitting at a red light. Light turns green, I go to hit the clutch ,but its already stuck to the floor...WTF

I can pull the pedal up with my hand but it fails as soon as you put your foot on it...0 pressure

Any Ideas/

Thank You,

Flash

UPDATE:

I just went to pull my car home. When I got there I filled my clutch fluid and cranked the car heard a noise and looked under the car and found the fluid I had just put in on the concrete

Could this be the slave valve that could've failed?

Last edited by Flash Gordon; 02-15-2010 at 05:22 PM.
Flash Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2010, 04:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
Minnesota 3/S

Drives: 95 RT TT
chevelle5434 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Default Re: Clutch Pedal Stuck To The Floor....

Sounds like you have a bad master of slave cylinder. Look at the clutch fluid resorvoir and see if there is any fluid in there.
Old 02-15-2010, 05:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
Forum Member

BrianWSNC Level 1BrianWSNC Level 1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I bet your slave cylinder is leaking, and all your fluid has leaked out. Refill it and check for leaking at the slave cylinder boot. just replace it, bleed it and your good to go
BrianWSNC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2010, 05:02 PM   #4 (permalink)
Forum Member

BrianWSNC Level 1BrianWSNC Level 1

Flash, don't think your "fucked" again. These cars are getting old and parts wear out.

If you want something that is less likely to have something break, buy a new car.
5k vs 30k dollars.. for a 40 dollar slave cylinder and aggravation to things breaking vs 25 Thousand dollar diff...

you got to pay one way or the other
BrianWSNC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2010, 06:32 PM   #5 (permalink)
New User - Please be kind

95SL_2501 is an unknown quantity at this point

This just happened to me,and it was the slave cylinder. Also you might need to adjust your clutch pedal once your done. I am going to have to do mine in the next few days. Tere is a DIY video on here. someplace.
95SL_2501 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2010, 06:41 PM   #6 (permalink)
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle5434 View Post
Sounds like you have a bad master of slave cylinder. Look at the clutch fluid resorvoir and see if there is any fluid in there.
Yes, I beleive your right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianWSNC View Post
I bet your slave cylinder is leaking, and all your fluid has leaked out. Refill it and check for leaking at the slave cylinder boot. just replace it, bleed it and your good to go
Yep, I filled up the resovior and it all puked out unto the concrete, down next to the tranny

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianWSNC View Post
Flash, don't think your "fucked" again. These cars are getting old and parts wear out.

If you want something that is less likely to have something break, buy a new car.
5k vs 30k dollars.. for a 40 dollar slave cylinder and aggravation to things breaking vs 25 Thousand dollar diff...

you got to pay one way or the other
Yea, at the rate of my failure at achieving the greater things in life, looks like I'll be driving my baby another 14 years

Just got back from Tha Zone...picked up a unit made in Tiawan

I am going to atempt to do this myself tommorow.Off hand, do you know what tools I will need?

Also, this new Tiawan unit, it came with a brass rod about 2" long. On one end there is a groove. Which end of this rod goes into the slave cylinder and which end goes into the tranny

I sincerely appreciate the help I receive here @ 3si. I really do appreciate your help
Old 02-15-2010, 07:00 PM   #7 (permalink)
"Sore about slapdown"

Drives: VFR800
jackhammer Level 2jackhammer Level 2jackhammer Level 2jackhammer Level 2jackhammer Level 2
Feedback Score: 88 reviews

Yep, the slave cylinder

Fairly easy to replace and bleed
jackhammer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2010, 07:43 PM   #8 (permalink)
Minnesota 3/S

Drives: 95 RT TT
chevelle5434 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 13 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post

Just got back from Tha Zone...picked up a unit made in Tiawan

I am going to atempt to do this myself tommorow.Off hand, do you know what tools I will need?

Also, this new Tiawan unit, it came with a brass rod about 2" long. On one end there is a groove. Which end of this rod goes into the slave cylinder and which end goes into the tranny

I sincerely appreciate the help I receive here @ 3si. I really do appreciate your help

No special tools at all i you will need is a flat head, a fourteen and twelve MM socket and a few extensions.

Take off the air filter, MAF, and intake pipe. Next remove the battery, battery tray, and washer fluid tank. You will see the slave sitting straight down from the throttle body after you remove the washer tank. couple of 12MM bolts and it will be out. now youre going to need someone to help you bleed the clutch though.
chevelle5434 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2010, 08:01 PM   #9 (permalink)
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95SL_2501 View Post
This just happened to me,and it was the slave cylinder. Also you might need to adjust your clutch pedal once your done. I am going to have to do mine in the next few days. Tere is a DIY video on here. someplace.
Daaaamn, looks like we got some kinda epidemic going on around here

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhammer View Post
Yep, the slave cylinder

Fairly easy to replace and bleed
Jack, my Man. I was going to give you a shout-out if I didn't get any help with my thread. I didn't wanna waste your time if I could help it

BTW, For those who are not aware...Jackhammar is a freakin machine. He preformed a 60k service for me about 6 weeks ago(1,500miles) and my car hasn't ran this good since 1994

Jack, I may still give you a holler if thats cool. I wish you were here Bro
Old 02-15-2010, 08:26 PM   #10 (permalink)
"Sore about slapdown"

Drives: VFR800
jackhammer Level 2jackhammer Level 2jackhammer Level 2jackhammer Level 2jackhammer Level 2
Feedback Score: 88 reviews

Yea thats cool man, call me when you are getting around to it. Thanks for the props.
jackhammer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

3000GT/Stealth International Message Center > Modifications and Technical Support > Front Wheel Drive - Drivetrain

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 3000GT/Stealth International Message Center forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Free email addresses do not work(yahoo, hotmail, gmail,...)
We are currently being blocked by AOL so any AOL based address may not work(aol.com, aim.com, netscape.net, cs.com)
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.