Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

clutch bad or master or slave cylinder

2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  HOTROB 
#1 ·
I am having a problem with my clutch. Was coming home the other day and the clutch petal lost pressure and stayed on the ground. I figured it was the master cylinder, but when I got back to it with brake fluid, the master cylinder was full. Then I reached down to work the fork lever and the slave cylinder. Fluid squirted from the boot, so I thought it was my slave cylinder. I got to looking at it and the fork was staying to the passenger side. So I would push it in to the slave,driver side, and it would naturally go back to the passenger side. I have a feeling it works the other way, which makes me believe it could be the clutch itself. Any suggestions?

#5 ·
So I removed the transmission for no reason. It was the line between the master and slave. I had to blow through it with the air compressor. There was sludge in it. It barely blew air and wouldn't pump it to bleed until I did it. Now that is all good. Messed up the black clip that goes to the starter. The wire snapped off where it goes into the black clip.
Also, there were two wires by the belt on the drivers side. One was not connected and looks like it was broken before. The other looked like it was attached to something, but I knocked it off or down when removing the axle on the drivers side. It looked like it went towards or next to a little desk bell looking object. It is just a black connector that slides onto something small and flat. I can't find it.
Any suggestions?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.