Help No Pressure On My Clutch Pedal Unable To Change Gears - 3000GT/Stealth International Message Center
3000GT/Stealth International 3000GT/Stealth International

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   3000GT/Stealth International Message Center > Modifications and Technical Support > All Wheel Drive - DriveTrain

3SI.org is the premier Mitsubishi 3000GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-23-2006, 08:16 AM   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member

Drives: Nissan R32 GTR, GTO
mfc06 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default Help No Pressure On My Clutch Pedal Unable To Change Gears

I was driving alone today my suddenly theres no pressure in my clutch pedal and soon after that i could not engage into gears, any know know what the problem could be ???

hopefully i dont need a new clutch fingers crossed !!

Thanks for everyone's help
mfc06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2006, 08:30 AM   #2 (permalink)
I've been here way too long

Drives: 93 VR4 & 95 Spyder
FastOldGuy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Default Re: Help No Pressure On My Clutch Pedal Unable To Change Gears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfc06
I was driving alone today my suddenly theres no pressure in my clutch pedal and soon after that i could not engage into gears, any know know what the problem could be ???

hopefully i dont need a new clutch fingers crossed !!

Thanks for everyone's help
Probably the hydraulics. Check the slave cylinder for leaks. Also if you replace the slave strongly consider replacing the hose also. The master cylinder can fail a can show little if any signs of leakage. If your car has 90K or more miles on it or an aftermarket clutch, master or slave failure is pretty common. If you have to remove the master cylinder a 10mm brakeline wrench that is heated and bent 90 degrees makes removal of hydraulic lines pretty easy....you will know what I mean after looking at the master. A flexible extension and sockets can remove master cylinder bolts from fire wall. Then the master should come off without having to go inside the car.

Good luck.
R.I.P Spyder you are missed. Building my dream car...One bolt at a time...Dyno 410.3 Hp and 429.9Tq through stock MAS Balanced, Ported, Polished, Port Matched, Larger valves, 99 lifters, Ross 70 over 8.5 to 1 forged pistons, Stress reliefed shotpeened magnafluxed rods,EK2 Red poly motor mounts, Fidanza Adjustable Cam Gears,Kevlar timing belt, Polished Fuel Rails, Clipped 13G, Gutted Precats, 3SX performance down pipe, Race pipe,QTP Exhaust 3" Cutout, HKS Cat Back, MSD Wires, NGK BCP7ES non-resistor plugs, AEM EMS ECU, Speed Density Conversion, AEM 3.5 MAP, AEM AIT,Dual K&N air filters, Dejon Tool Dual Air Intake, Dejon Tool Y Pipe, PTE 550, Walbro fuel pump, IPO Hot Wire, EK2 fuel loop, No EGR, Vacum line reduction, Greddy Boost Controller, Greddy BOV, AEM Gauge UEGO Controller wideband O2 sensor, Gauge-Tech, Kormex tranny,Quadco XR steel Output shaft, LSE Stainless Steel Transfer Main case and Midcase, Quadco input spool, Lightened flywheel, South Bend 6 Puck DXD F Clutch, Greddy EGT, Autometer Boost Gauge, 3SX fuel pressure gauge, Cross Drilled and Slotted Rotors, Ceramic Brake Pads, 3SX Performance Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines, Snow Water/Methenol injection system, DSM I/C's , 5Zigen FNO1R-C, Audio: 6 New Infinty speakers. Alpine CDA MP3/WWA 9847 Reciever, 2 Dual 300 watt amps. On the shelf waiting for install: Cianci 3 gauge A pilars, Aluminum defroster vents , 3SX high rev springs with titanium retainers , Plans: AEM 2 step, AEM anti lag, Drag Radials, CFDS, Nitrous progressive setup??? Cianci 1st gen bumper???

WORKING ON CURRENT PROBLEMS: Tuning EMS.
FastOldGuy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-23-2006, 09:41 AM   #3 (permalink)
Senior **i.e. OLD** Member

Drives: Back and Forth :)
OhioSpyderman Level 3OhioSpyderman Level 3OhioSpyderman Level 3OhioSpyderman Level 3OhioSpyderman Level 3OhioSpyderman Level 3OhioSpyderman Level 3OhioSpyderman Level 3OhioSpyderman Level 3OhioSpyderman Level 3
Feedback Score: 57 reviews

FastOldGuy tells no lies

Let me add to his post that one can tell which of the cylinders is the culprit by checking for leaks.
If the slave is leaking, there will be fluid on top of the tranny and quite possibly on the floor directly under the middle of the engine compartment.
A Master leak may show on the inside of the firewall where the clutch mechanism goes through.

Could be just the slave line, and if it is its a good chance to upgrade to a stainless braided one (3SX) and a speed bleeder from 3SX (Steve, you owe me for all the publicity ).

Good luck with the repair!

Bob.
Stock 18" 6 Spoke Chromies
K&N FIPK
Indiglo Gauges
JimVR4's Remote Start/Top Op Computer

92 Wheat Beige Metallic Stealth TT..Winter DD!!

OhioSpyderman Short Shifter (in both!!!)
SBC-iD Boost Controller (in both!!!)

Oldest son - 94 Danube Blue VR4
Middle son - 93 Panama Green VR4

OhioSpyderman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-23-2006, 09:59 AM   #4 (permalink)

YES! Speed bleeders RULE! One man job>two man job.
Old 09-23-2006, 10:14 AM   #5 (permalink)
Forum Member

Drives: Nissan R32 GTR, GTO
mfc06 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

So it's not a new clutch ?? hopefully its just slave cylinders !! im preying
what are the symptoms if it was the clutch ??

I really appreciate everbody's help on here !!
mfc06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-23-2006, 10:20 AM   #6 (permalink)

OhioSpyderman Level 3OhioSpyderman Level 3OhioSpyderman Level 3OhioSpyderman Level 3OhioSpyderman Level 3OhioSpyderman Level 3OhioSpyderman Level 3OhioSpyderman Level 3OhioSpyderman Level 3OhioSpyderman Level 3

Easy way to tell if its a hydraulic problem is to open the clutch resevoir and see if its low or empty.

Bob.
Old 09-23-2006, 10:27 AM   #7 (permalink)
Supreme creator of stuff

ek2mfg Level 2ek2mfg Level 2ek2mfg Level 2ek2mfg Level 2ek2mfg Level 2
Feedback Score: 155 reviews

I am in the middle of a procrastination item and fill the resivior up every 3 weeks or so

you got a fluid problem for sure

bobk
Old 09-23-2006, 11:44 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfc06
So it's not a new clutch ?? hopefully its just slave cylinders !! im preying
what are the symptoms if it was the clutch ??

I really appreciate everbody's help on here !!
If your clutch was slipping you could stepon the gas and the engine would rev up then the car would slowly move until it finally matched speed with the engine.
Old 09-23-2006, 05:48 PM   #9 (permalink)
Nme
Forum Member

Drives: Red 1994 3000GT VR-4
Nme is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 18 reviews

happened to me a week ago!

clutch peddle went loose

turns out it was the clutch cable leaking near the slave. heres what you do...

get brake fluid (dot3 or dot 4) which is what clutch fluid is..
put some cardboard or similar under the car, near the passengers side firewal ( possibly drivers side too)
fill up the master cylinder (pictured above)
pump the clutch pedal, see if you get pressure back, and then if you start to lose it again, look under the car for leaks.
if theres a leak IN the car near the pedal, or under the car near the drivers side, its probably your master cylinder
if theres a leak under the car near the passangers side, its either your slave cylinder or the slave cylinders clutch cable ( my case )

if its your master cylinder leaking buy the part replace it, bleed the system..
if its your secondary cylinder same as above
if its the cable, check out these directions http://stealth316.com/2-clutchhose.htm

note ( those directions will bring you to the secondary cylinder too, so if its that you found it and now you ahve to replace it. here is a part number taken directly from that page

a new clutch hose (Mitsu part number MR151526, "Hose, clutch release cylinder", about $10 from Tallahassee Mitsubishi); and a fresh container of DOT3 or DOT4 brake fluid (6 oz is more than enough, about $1.50 for 12-oz at your local grocery or car parts store).

but what i would suggest is the route i went.. i bought a new stainless steal braided clutch cable from 3sx.com and also bought the stock slave cylinder to be safe ( i like newer, its shiny )

if you need more help or any questions youve got, pm me or respond here. or catch me on aim: nmeaim

good luck!
Nme is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-23-2006, 05:54 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nme
happened to me a week ago!

clutch peddle went loose

turns out it was the clutch cable leaking near the slave. heres what you do...

get brake fluid (dot3 or dot 4) which is what clutch fluid is..
put some cardboard or similar under the car, near the passengers side firewal ( possibly drivers side too)
fill up the master cylinder (pictured above)
pump the clutch pedal, see if you get pressure back, and then if you start to lose it again, look under the car for leaks.
if theres a leak IN the car near the pedal, or under the car near the drivers side, its probably your master cylinder
if theres a leak under the car near the passangers side, its either your slave cylinder or the slave cylinders clutch cable ( my case )

if its your master cylinder leaking buy the part replace it, bleed the system..
if its your secondary cylinder same as above
if its the cable, check out these directions http://stealth316.com/2-clutchhose.htm

note ( those directions will bring you to the secondary cylinder too, so if its that you found it and now you ahve to replace it. here is a part number taken directly from that page

a new clutch hose (Mitsu part number MR151526, "Hose, clutch release cylinder", about $10 from Tallahassee Mitsubishi); and a fresh container of DOT3 or DOT4 brake fluid (6 oz is more than enough, about $1.50 for 12-oz at your local grocery or car parts store).

but what i would suggest is the route i went.. i bought a new stainless steal braided clutch cable from 3sx.com and also bought the stock slave cylinder to be safe ( i like newer, its shiny )

if you need more help or any questions youve got, pm me or respond here. or catch me on aim: nmeaim

good luck!
Excellent post

Bob.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

3000GT/Stealth International Message Center > Modifications and Technical Support > All Wheel Drive - DriveTrain

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 3000GT/Stealth International Message Center forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Free email addresses do not work(yahoo, hotmail, gmail,...)
We are currently being blocked by AOL so any AOL based address may not work(aol.com, aim.com, netscape.net, cs.com)
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.