Rear Active Aero troubleshooting - 3000GT/Stealth International Message Center
3000GT/Stealth International 3000GT/Stealth International

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   3000GT/Stealth International Message Center > Modifications and Technical Support > Miscellaneous

3SI.org is the premier Mitsubishi 3000GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2009, 04:45 AM   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member

yellowVR4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Default Rear Active Aero troubleshooting

Guys, I just bought my 3rd vr4 and like the first 2, the rear active aero doesn't work

Here's what happened. The front active aero damn was stuck, so I removed the damn leaving only the motor. I then played with the switch, and the rear wing moved 3 times and then stopped again. I then also noticed the front motor wasn't moving either, so I got another one and connected it to the harness. I just held it in my hand and had by buddy play with the switch. The front motor then started to work, but the rear one still doesn't work. I also changed the AA switch and the AA computer with no luck. I'm hearing clicking coming the active aero computer in the trunk, but the rear wing isn't moving. It's stuck in the up position.

I then unplugged the spoiler harness in the back and connected a voltmeter and had no power going into the spoiler when I played with the switch. I know their is power coming out of the harness because my spoiler breaklight is working. I am baffled at this point

Any help would be appreciated.
Greddy emanage blue
Downpipe w/stock exhaust
AEM wide band
2-tone interior

Last edited by yellowVR4; 06-26-2009 at 04:49 AM. Reason: mistype
yellowVR4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-28-2009, 04:10 AM   #2 (permalink)
Forum Member

Drives: 92 3000GT Twin Turbo
kerk is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Default Re: Rear Active Aero troubleshooting

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowVR4 View Post
Guys, I just bought my 3rd vr4 and like the first 2, the rear active aero doesn't work

Here's what happened. The front active aero damn was stuck, so I removed the damn leaving only the motor. I then played with the switch, and the rear wing moved 3 times and then stopped again. I then also noticed the front motor wasn't moving either, so I got another one and connected it to the harness. I just held it in my hand and had by buddy play with the switch. The front motor then started to work, but the rear one still doesn't work. I also changed the AA switch and the AA computer with no luck. I'm hearing clicking coming the active aero computer in the trunk, but the rear wing isn't moving. It's stuck in the up position.

I then unplugged the spoiler harness in the back and connected a voltmeter and had no power going into the spoiler when I played with the switch. I know their is power coming out of the harness because my spoiler breaklight is working. I am baffled at this point

Any help would be appreciated.
the rear wing also is control by the front AA so, if you remove the front any parts of AA you will got stuck, goto to my cardomain to see the repair

Mitsubishi 1992 Z16A
3000GT Twin Turbo
My Page GTOHK

Upgraded:-
1)HKS Fuel computer
2)HKS Boost controller
3)HKS Turbo timer
4)HKS intake filter
5)Change 12V 60Ah to 12V 65Ah(Panasonic)
6)Sony Audio MDX-CA680X w/ inside MD player & CD changer.
7)Platinum Spark plugs Changed since 6 months before.(NGK PFR6J-11)
8)Polished Spark plug plates(Go Fast Goodies)
kerk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2009, 06:56 AM   #3 (permalink)
Sleeper VR-4

Drives: Benz, 1996 VR4
tfw a-ok is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 24 reviews

Sounds like you might have a cable problem, although the most comon problem is the limit switches. If the spoiler is stuck either up or down then it's the limit switches, if the aero light in the dash isn't on.

Good luck,
Tommy
tfw a-ok is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2009, 04:33 PM   #4 (permalink)
Forum Member

yellowVR4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

The limit switches are the ones located inside the rear spoiler motor right? Even if it were the limit switches, shouldn't I still get power to the harness when I play with the switch?
yellowVR4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2009, 01:15 AM   #5 (permalink)
Forum Member

Drives: 92 3000GT Twin Turbo
kerk is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowVR4 View Post
The limit switches are the ones located inside the rear spoiler motor right? Even if it were the limit switches, shouldn't I still get power to the harness when I play with the switch?
OK, the harness is included the AA power and the break light power, assume all the harness and limited switch is workable, there also you have 2 things you may concern, the front AA white color circle limited switch beside the motor, and the rear spoiler shoe air & guide pin,

because, Front AA limited switch is in wrong position, even though you can play 3 times or more, when the Front AA limited switch goes to wrong position, the whole AERO kit will not function, you must inspect the front AA limited switch 1st, 2nd try to disassemble the rear spoiler to see the shoe air & guide pin is broken or not, if broken, the rear wing motor cannot push or pull the wing up & down, hope can help you!

the shoe air part from 3SX
Body & Lighting*-*Mitsubishi 3000GT*/*Dodge Stealth

Last edited by kerk; 06-29-2009 at 03:21 AM.
kerk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

3000GT/Stealth International Message Center > Modifications and Technical Support > Miscellaneous

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 3000GT/Stealth International Message Center forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Free email addresses do not work(yahoo, hotmail, gmail,...)
We are currently being blocked by AOL so any AOL based address may not work(aol.com, aim.com, netscape.net, cs.com)
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.