Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

Installation for INDIGLO GAUGES... help plz

959 views 16 replies 4 participants last post by  nyc228 
#1 ·
I installed the speedometer, but the 3 guages for the temp,oil,battery are unreachable. I took apart everything and I just gave up because I couldnt get to it.

Can anyone who has them installed explain how to reach to those gauges .. Thanks.!!!

#8 ·
Jspec .. I went today looking for that tint paint. I went to pep boys, r&s stratus and other places no one has it. What is the name of the paint? does it have diff colors besides black? and where can I find it?

thanks,

#9 ·
oh no..you don't buy them from those automotive stores...

you go to those hobby shops where they sell model airplanes and model cars and such..they will have paint avliable. yes..the same exact paint you paint those plastic model airplane with. they "should" have a spray that's for tinting..i believe people use it to actually "tint" the window of their model car or something. or you can just buy other oil based paint to match red. from my experience i'm pretty sure the light will shine through if you put on really thin coat.

oil based paint won't come off in the rain, it might fade after couple months, but they are like $3 for a small can. so its no big deal. and if you mess up just use rubbing alchol and it'll come right off.

that's the cheap way. they do sell expensive tint spray in all different kinds of color ( $30? a bottle ) marketed especially for cars ( my opinion is that they are basically the same as the $3 bottle, maybe lasts a little longer..but not 10 times longer )...your best bet would be either chinatown, flushing where they sell import car stuff. for really high quality stuff..edgewater, NJ ( right next to fort lee ) mitsuwa market has a shop call autofreak inside...things imported straight from japan..can't beat that.

#12 ·
I got mine done .. holy shit its was a PAIN IN THE ASS

Day 1 = 6 hours
Day 2 = 9 hours

I was going to cry when the car looked like that.
Then it didnt want to start, my alarm didnt want to shut off, my fuses burned, my remote from alarm stopped working, I ripped some wiring by accident, the starter kill activited AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thank GOD I am done ...

DO NOT INSTALL IT YOURSELF YOU WILL REGRET DOING IT! :) hehe

Jspec how about those rims :)

#13 · (Edited)
haha i didn't know you were actually serious about buying them.

yes they are 16x8 stock SL chrom rims. my kuhmo on there are pretty new..they only had about 6000 miles on them.

they are the only set of rims i have on my car so i reallly wasn't plannin on selling them...but everything has a price, you can make me an offere i can't refuse ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.