Aftermarket Car Alarm Disarming, Without Key Fob - 3000GT/Stealth International Message Center
3000GT/Stealth International 3000GT/Stealth International

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   3000GT/Stealth International Message Center > Modifications and Technical Support > Miscellaneous

3SI.org is the premier Mitsubishi 3000GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2010, 08:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member

Drives: 92 Dodge Stealth
Cdrew11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default Aftermarket Car Alarm Disarming, Without Key Fob

Today I found out my car had an aftermarket alarm system. It turns out they were finishing up a clutch replacement over at my tech school when they call me over and ask me for the key fob to disarm my car. It turns out when they reconnected the battery it set off the alarm and without the key fob it seemed there was no chance at disarming the system.

To my knowledge when I purchased the car there was a two button key fob that came from my car but I never knew what it was for. I suspected it was for a keyless entry system but now I realize it was for the alarm system. I still had it on my key chain, and it went forgotten for a long while until the point I needed it, which is when I realized it was missing.

Unfortunately for their sake (and mine for that matter) the key fob is lost for good. Oddly enough, I remember being able to drive and operate the car without ever having to worry about it previously. It was only now that the alarm decided to activate.

I guess the question is now is trying to find out how I would disable said alarm without a key fob and on top of that, without any knowledge of the people who installed it or even the brand of the alarm itself?

Some clues:
-There's a suspicious looking toggle switch that they found on the left wall of the driver's side footwell right where the dash panel ends with an orange LED light on it. (toggling it with the alarm running or attaching the battery with it in either position sets the alarm off)

-It has that familiar six tone alarm

-In my owners manual I found what looks to be an old copy of the operating procedure of the remote alarm system. It's one page that looks like it's photocopied and it's pretty old with instructions printed in courier new. It doesn't specify any company name on it, but labels arming and disarming operation but none that including doing it without the key fob and overriding the ignition kill switch.
Cdrew11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2010, 07:35 PM   #2 (permalink)
Forum Member

Drives: 92 Dodge Stealth
Cdrew11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Aftermarket Car Alarm Disarming, Without Key Fob

Suggestions anyone?
Cdrew11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-27-2010, 12:15 AM   #3 (permalink)
sssmasss

Drives: 350z, 3000gt, Rav4
sssmasss is an unknown quantity at this point

i need help too.. i just lost my only key and the only after market alarm remote.

i saw the universal remote control which is on sale at pep boys and i think i might buy it but i have no idea how it work.

you might want to get the universal remote control and tell them to program it for u or something like that.

i will check that out tomorrow.
sssmasss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-27-2010, 10:25 AM   #4 (permalink)
Forum Member

Drives: 95' VR4
95gto is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews

Aftermarket alarms can typically be disarmed by inserting the key, turning the key to the run/on position, and then pressing the valet/programming button one time. The button is typically a small momentary contact button but it can also be a small toggle switch. If you have a switch, toggling it on and then back off is the same as pushing a button. Unfortunately most aftermarket alarms also have the option to change the number of times you need to press the valet button in order to disarm the system, so one push may not do it.

So you can give that a shot if you think you have located the valet button. Ideally the aftermarket alarm needs uninstalled but if no one at the school is versed in 12V security you can just disable the alarm by removing the fuses on its power wires until you can get the car to a local audio shop to have the unit removed. If you drop the lower driver's side dash panel you should be able to see the alarm and then also the inline fuses on its wires that you need to remove.

If you need more in depth help shoot me a pm and I will see what I can do.
Old 10-29-2010, 08:19 PM   #5 (permalink)
sssmasss

Drives: 350z, 3000gt, Rav4
sssmasss is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah.. i ended up removing the damn after market alarm and replaced it with another one... good luck fixing your bro
sssmasss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

3000GT/Stealth International Message Center > Modifications and Technical Support > Miscellaneous

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 3000GT/Stealth International Message Center forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Free email addresses do not work(yahoo, hotmail, gmail,...)
We are currently being blocked by AOL so any AOL based address may not work(aol.com, aim.com, netscape.net, cs.com)
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.