Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

2014 Lighthouse Challenge of NJ - Oct 18 & 19

2K views 19 replies 8 participants last post by  JerzyVR4 
#1 · (Edited)
Fall is around the corner and with that we start prepping for this years lighthouse challenge.

What: Lighthouse Challenge of New Jersey 2014
When: Saturday, October 18th through Sunday, October 19th
Starting Point: Airport Plaza
1390 Highway 36
Hazlet, NJ 07730
Time: 9:00 AM

The Lighthouse Challenge of New Jersey is a weekend long event where the 11 land based lighthouses of NJ are opened to the public for visitation and climbing. In addition to the 11 lighthouses there are two museums, and two life saving stations to visit as part of the challenge. A souvenir passport will be available for purchase for $1.00. As you visit each location, your passport will be stamped as proof of each visit. This will be your souvenir to commemorate your participation in the event.

For additional information about the Lighthouse Challenge, please visit the Official Lighthouse Challenge of NJ website, the NJ Lighthouse Society website, and the Lighthouse Challenge of NJ Facebook page.

This marks the sixth year 3SNJ will be participating in this event. This is a rain or shine event, so there are no excuses to miss this even if we have bad weather. We have completed this event in a Noreaster with driving rain and high winds and still had a good time. Every year, the views from the top of the lighthouses were spectacular regardless of the conditions. This is a great opportunity to visit some great sites and learn a little about these monuments that have aided sailing vessels for a century or more. This year celebrates the 250th anniversary of the Sandy Hook Lighthouse, one of the oldest operating lighthouses in the United States.
This is 3SNJ's longest official cruise event, totaling almost 400 miles along most of New Jersey's shoreline. There are great photo ops available during our travels, you will not be disappointed with the vantage points the lighthouse can provide. It does not matter what car you drive in this event. We do not discriminate and this is not a race. The cruise is very casual with many stops, so it does not even feel like you are doing the distance. This is a PUBLIC event so you can invite anyone that has a desire to cruise with us. Wear comfortable shoes, as we will be climbing as many lighthouses as time permits.

The locations that will be part of this event/cruise will be:

Day #1:​

• Airport Plaza (Meet point)
  • Sandy Hook Lighthouse in Highlands
  • Twin Lights of Navesink in Highlands
  • Sea Girt Lighthouse in Sea Girt
  • Barnegat Lighthouse in Barnegat Light
  • Barnegat Light Historical Museum in Barnegat Light
  • Tucker's Island Lighthouse in Tuckerton
  • Cape May Lighthouse in Cape May Point (Night climb location)
  • Absecon Lighthouse in Atlantic City (Night climb location) (End of day 1)

Day #2:​

• US Life Saving Station 30 in Ocean City (Start of day 2 & meet point)
  • Tatham Life Saving Station in Stone Harbor
  • Hereford Inlet Lighthouse in North Wildwood
  • Cape May County Historical Museum in Cape May Court House
  • East Point Lighthouse in Heislerville
  • Finn's Point Lighthouse in Pennsville
  • Tinicum Lighthouse in Paulsboro (You have completed the Lighthouse Challenge)

Lighthouse location details will be posted at a later date.
There will be an overnight stay after the Absecon Lighthouse night climb in Atlantic City.
There will be no official hotel for this event. Lodging arrangements will be the responsibility of the participant. Lunch stops will be made on the fly and fitted into the schedule.
The Tinicum Lighthouse in Paulsboro will be our end point for this event. From there all participants can depart for home.

Participation list

Screen Name ........... Real Name ........ Car
1. 91STT .................... Alan ................ 91 TT

See less See more
#3 ·
Participation list

2. dzaccagnini..............Dan.................. 92 VR4
3. njrbd......................Roman...............Some crazy shit

#6 ·
The Cape May County Historical Museum will closed for renovations and will not be part of the challenge.

The route has been updated and rearranged a little. I am still playing with the itinerary, so it may change between now and the event. I will keep everyone posted.

Day #1:
  • Twin Lights of Navesink in Highlands (Meet point)
  • Tucker's Island Lighthouse in Tuckerton
  • Cape May Lighthouse in Cape May Point (Night climb location)
  • Absecon Lighthouse in Atlantic City (Night climb location) (End of day 1)

Day #2:
  • US Life Saving Station 30 in Ocean City (Start of day 2 & meet point)
  • Finn's Point Lighthouse in Pennsville
  • Tinicum Lighthouse in Paulsboro (You have completed the Lighthouse Challenge)

#7 ·
Participation list

4. Darksurfr............... Scott................. 91 TT

#8 ·
5. 92Vr-4....................Chris..................06 GTO

haven't been on the forum in over a year, I wont be in my vr4 but id love to come out with you guys anyways. went out a few years ago for this event and it was a blast.

#9 ·
haven't been on the forum in over a year, I wont be in my vr4 but id love to come out with you guys anyways. went out a few years ago for this event and it was a blast.
Yeah, no worries about the car. Come anyway. We've got a Prius and possibly even a Porsche, Sentra, and/or Challenger as well. May be as many non 3S's as there are 3S's. I'm not even entirely sure if I'll have my car yet so who knows exactly what I'll be driving.

#11 ·
Im in, prolly gonna be in the challenger since i dont have a inspection sticker for my 3k. Docs in too.

#12 ·
5. 92Vr-4....................Chris..................06 GTO
6. Hot943kGT..............Dave..................91 TT

I have to work Friday so I will meet you guys in AC on Friday night and all day Saturday! The Stealth is finally running great again! :D

#15 ·
Sweet! So I will be there Start to finish then! IDK why I thought it was Friday and Sat...:p

#16 ·
Here is the official route we will take for the Lighthouse Challenge of NJ. Day #1 will be a bit of a challenge, no pun intended, and time will be tight. In the event we fall behind on day #1, Hereford will be dropped and made up on Sunday, day #2.

I have set aside time for lunch after Barnegat Light on day #1 and East Point Lighthouse on day #2.

The schedule are in the attachments. The NJLHC_2014_AltDay2.pdf file will only be necessary if we cannot visit Hereford on day #1.

Looking forward to seeing everyone there.

Day #1:
  • Twin Lights of Navesink in Highlands (Meeting location)
  • Tucker’s Island Lighthouse at Tuckerton Seaport in Tuckerton
  • Cape May Lighthouse in Cape May Point
  • Absecon Lighthouse in Atlantic City

Day #2:
  • US Life Saving Station 30 in Ocean City (Start of day 2 & meeting location)
  • Finn’s Point Lighthouse in Pennsville
  • Tinicum Lighthouse in Paulsboro
Alternate Day #2:
  • US Life Saving Station 30 in Ocean City (Start of day 2 & meeting location)
  • Finn’s Point Lighthouse in Pennsville
  • Tinicum Lighthouse in Paulsboro

Attachments

#18 ·
whelp i may have to meet up with you guys mid day. haveing a battery problem.. going to go to a advanced auto and see if they can diag it. im hopeing the battery is just shitting out. i dont want to replace the alternator. heres what i posted on the chally forums

my car is a 09 6.1 SRT8. Last week on my way back from Ocean City MD to jersey in stop and go traffic, i got a battery light. instantly looked at my radar detector which also reads the voltage and it was at 12.0-12.5. i start driving and it goes up to about 13.5ish after i go beyond 2000 rpms. then at idle is back to 12.3-4-5. so it was mostly highway and when i got home all i saw was 13.6. after sitting for a week i started it up today to take it to a car wash and the thing isn't even touching 13 volts. its at 12.0-11.9 at idle and 12.5 while driving.

I did some research on google and some cars do not take voltage from the alternator unless needed. so i went in the trunk. pulled the clamps off the battery terminals. wire brushed the clamps and terminals and the voltage all around increased for about 2 mins by .3 but now im back to 11.9 idle this is at night with lights and radio on. with just the accessories the car is at 12.4 volts at the moment. to me it sounds like an alternator but its still increasing the voltage while driving acting like its working just not to well.

#19 ·
It could still be either. You could have a loose belt too. I would guess that it is the alternator though. bad voltage regulator. If it is on the top of the engine it should be a quick fix. I would hate for it to be that but who knows. Is the belt original? Maybe you need a replacement belt as it is slipping under low/no load.

#20 ·
belt is still slipping under full throttle around 4k rpms. hmmm you bring a good point because when it was cold it was fine. but once it seemed to warm up after being driven for 15 mins it started acting up. maybe when it gets warmed up it stretches. alternator is like on the left mid/bottom. going to advanced auto for their free battery/alternator assessment.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.