1994 3000gt SL TT 13t's

4K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  delos23 
#1 ·
Reposting due to lack of edit ability.
----------

Price lowered to $4,500
I NEED this gone, like yesterday.
----------

Car has been great, and I've loved becoming friends with some of you from 3si, but it is no longer a car I see in my long term plans. I am moving out in December and going to live on my own (graduating and all).. and I don't want the burden of money and time anymore. I bought a new car, 2011 Hyundai Genesis coupe rspec, and thus it isn't something I need to be dragging around with me.

The car has some good and some bad, but I am looking to get close to what I have it listed for, if you don't like the price, feel free to shoot an offer, don't tell me if you think my car is worth something else unless you are doing it with cash in your hand.

I have put a lot of work over the years into this car, and it is in "good" shape. As explained below:

1994 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL TT - Red 120k - Manual

The Good:

TD04 - 13T turbos
Oohnoo Dual Core FMIC
Auto -> Manual Conversion
Southbend Stage 3 OFE clutch - 3000 miles
Brakes are all new, calipers all < 5k miles.
Voktland lowering springs < 10k miles.
Brand new OEM ecs struts (working) < 10k miles
Megan Racing downpipe < 10k miles
Goodyear tires < 20k
Battery relocated, however this isn't DONE yet, so its also a bad, brand new battery < 3000 miles - its all done except mounting the battery, so currently it isn't mounted.
new main/rod/thrust bearings < 5k
new oil pump < 5k
timing belt/water pump/tensioner/all other 120k items - 20k ago
new oil pump strainer - 10k
Paint is in pretty solid shape, not faded - will give it very clean to the next person Only major imperfection is the spoiler
Solid motor mounts
1994 vr4 ecu (no leaky caps)
Whole wiring harness changed to hybrid, not spliced or anything ( the right way in my opinion)
KN FIPK air intake
DN Performance ypipe
Car runs, drives, smooth, not that quiet, but no apparent problems that I'm aware of pending.

The Bad:

Car Smokes, blue. I have had many mixed feelings behind the cause, but a leakdown test is very definitive that it is NOT piston rings. I am leaning toward valve stem seals, as these are 120k old. I originally thought it was turbos, so I purchased the 13ts, and it didn't change at all.

Air conditioning is appearing to be on the fritz. I haven't looked at it at all, so for all I know its something strange/easy. It has worked all the way up until this summer, so who knows.

Leaks some oil, but not so much that I have to add very much at all, no more than 1/4-1/2 qt every 3-5 thousand miles.

there is no cigarette lighter, as it has been removed because I was going to install a push-button start. I have the pushbutton and all that is needed for the task (which I will include), but I don't have the time/desire to install it.

Trim around sunroof handle is missing, it broke and I never got more of it.. the handle and everything works, just a bit of trim missing.

Two lug nuts are missing, one on each of the front wheels. How this happened I don't know. Well I know about one, but the other I don't know

Thats all I can think of

----------

I'll add more if I think of anything.

Pics will be in next post. Offers as I said are welcome, and I am happy to give any information you want

See less See more
#7 ·
I can get some, but it is dirty as its been snowing and such. The oil is leaking I believe mainly from the oil cooler line... but in the interest of full disclosure I haven't looked at it enough to give you a 100% answer.

I'll do my best to get some pics of it, but don't be alarmed if there is some salt and or snow on it :)

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.