Originally Posted by Grandpa Poser
Djmba, congrats man.
Westcott, fingers crossed buddy, fingers crossed.
Just an update on this thread for those not following the build thread.
DOHC NA Engine Transmission Removal Photo Log
I finally got the correct pan locally. All the bolt holes lined up with the block and the 2nd gen oil pump mated up perfectly. The only modification I had to make was to cut off 9/16" from the back of the top bolt hole of the idler pulley adjustment bracket that mounts to the oil pump. You know, the one with the long bolt.
Some friends came over and helped me drop the engine in the compartment. This went very smoothly except the chain had popped a hole in the front valve cover. So, Djmba had a spare and I decided to clean it up before installing it. It took a lot of time to polish to a reflective shine but it does look good. I also did the top of the radiator.
I have everything installed except the battery and the two half shafts. I topped off the fluids last night and checked for leaks this morning before work. All looks good. I will slide in the half shafts and bleed the clutch and mechanical oil pressure gauge line when I get home. Then I will get to fire her up.
I want to thank everyone for their support and guidance. It has been quiet a roller coaster ride but I am hoping I can start to enjoy the fruits of my labor.