Vr4 Stock Quarter Mile Times - Page 3 - 3000GT/Stealth International Message Center
3000GT/Stealth International 3000GT/Stealth International

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   3000GT/Stealth International Message Center > Automotive Discussions > General

3SI.org is the premier Mitsubishi 3000GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2009, 06:15 PM   #21 (permalink)
Forum Member

Drives: 92 3000GT VR-4
Goallie11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Default Re: Vr4 Stock Quarter Mile Times

So to go along with the true 1/4 mile times, what's the agreed upon 0-60? If they couldn't launch it right when it came out, now that we know how what's the time?
Goallie11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2009, 06:17 PM   #22 (permalink)
NOTADSM

Drives: GTC, R/T TT, SRT-4
Polygon Level 1Polygon Level 1Polygon Level 1
Feedback Score: 23 reviews

I would say that you can expect around 4.8 0-60 and 13.8 1/4 mile on a 2nd gen or a first gen with the BCS plug removed.
Old 02-10-2009, 07:08 PM   #23 (permalink)
Breaks everything

Drives: 1999 VR4
JasonY Level 3JasonY Level 3JasonY Level 3JasonY Level 3JasonY Level 3JasonY Level 3JasonY Level 3JasonY Level 3JasonY Level 3JasonY Level 3
Feedback Score: 38 reviews

Dont even bother comparing what your Cobra can do dollar for dollar with a VR4.

I LOVE The 03/4 Cobras and if you care about going straight stick with it. The VR4 is a far better overall package assuming you find a nice one.

Jason

Silverstone Metallic 94 R2 FD - 2014 CCSB Ram 2500 Cummins/68FRE
Sold: Black 99 VR4 and two Pearl White 93 VR4's.
JasonY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2009, 09:42 PM   #24 (permalink)
Va 3s

Drives: 3000gt N/a
bman99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

^ yeah thats true alot of my buddies are telling me im nuts for wanting to go back to the 3s world but hell i lvoe the cars and want a vr4 who cares if it is slower its a car i love lol. and always can be made faster
-2000 GSXR-750 Stunt Bike (sold)
Yoshi Pipe
12 Bar
Crash Pegs
Race Fairings
-2001 Yamaha R1 (sold)
lowered 2 inches
Carbon fiber accesories
yoshi pipe
2004 COBRA TERMINATOR
JBA exhaust
JLT CAI
BF Diff Brace
417 RWHP!!!!
bman99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2009, 10:16 PM   #25 (permalink)
I've been here way too long

Drives: 91 tsi
donniekak Level 1donniekak Level 1donniekak Level 1
Feedback Score: 13 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by bman99 View Post
its alot easier and cheaper with the cobra then it is with the vr4 i knkow that just add a smaller supercharger pulley to my cobra and im low 12s high 11s port my supercharger and damn easy 11s but i do agree the 99vr4s are sexy and actually all 3s r sexy other then im sorry to the 93 and below guys nope not for me but anyway yeah i just need to try and find a trade now im interested because i do miss the look and the feel of my 3000gt and its always been a dream i do admit my cobra is a nicer car then the vr4s i have seen but its just not my dream car lol but i gotta find a way to keep my cobra seats love them leather and suede seats love them way to much lol. but how much hp can the vr4 motors hold?
My stealth runs low 12's high 11's for $6,000 total investment. Almost as cheap as a dsm.
donniekak is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2009, 10:23 PM   #26 (permalink)
I build envy.

Drives: 93 Dodge Stealth ES
1320VR4 Level 11320VR4 Level 11320VR4 Level 1
Feedback Score: 47 reviews

bman, not to be a dick but you really need to use some periods. Really hard to read.

I drove a 95 Cobra in damn near showroom condition and although I know that generation was slow, I was not impressed with handaling, the power or the comfort of the interior at all. I was going to buy it instead of the VR4 and would have hated myself.

As far as power, my n/a isn't all that much slower than my friends 03 mustang GT with bolt on's. Cant wait to run him with the TT.

1993 Dodge Stealth ES - 15.048 @ 97.15mph September 2008 ROTM - 196hp/184tq
1992 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4 -13.3@104.9mph @ 14PSI - June 2009 ROTM
previously sponsored by Pricematchedparts.com
1320VR4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2009, 10:26 PM   #27 (permalink)
Forum Member

Drives: Striple R, GTI, BRZ
DocWalt Level 1DocWalt Level 1DocWalt Level 1
Feedback Score: 4 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goallie11 View Post
So to go along with the true 1/4 mile times, what's the agreed upon 0-60? If they couldn't launch it right when it came out, now that we know how what's the time?
0-60mph, or 0-60ft?
Old 02-11-2009, 09:25 AM   #28 (permalink)
Va 3s

Drives: 3000gt N/a
bman99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1320VR4 View Post
bman, not to be a dick but you really need to use some periods. Really hard to read.

I drove a 95 Cobra in damn near showroom condition and although I know that generation was slow, I was not impressed with handaling, the power or the comfort of the interior at all. I was going to buy it instead of the VR4 and would have hated myself.

As far as power, my n/a isn't all that much slower than my friends 03 mustang GT with bolt on's. Cant wait to run him with the TT.
Yeah the tt will destroy his gt i promise you that. My n/a gave gt mustangs a run here and there but they would always win. Anyway I am looking now its just hard to find a 99 vr4 in my area for sale but hell im looking. Need to get rid of the cobra asap so when i find the beauty i can just buy it. Oh and the 95 cobras are slow and are worthless IMO.... Oh i got the periods in also lol sorry about, that i have the worst grammar on earth. But thanks for the help yall i really appreciate it.
bman99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2009, 11:47 AM   #29 (permalink)
Forum Member

Drives: 92 3000GT VR-4
Goallie11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocWalt View Post
0-60mph, or 0-60ft?
0-60 mph, shoulda said that to begin with.
Goallie11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2009, 01:11 PM   #30 (permalink)
Drunk as a lord

Drives: 1995 Stealth TT
Forest Gump Level 2Forest Gump Level 2Forest Gump Level 2Forest Gump Level 2Forest Gump Level 2Forest Gump Level 2
Feedback Score: 102 reviews

the older cobras are nothing compared to the supercharged ones. What power they have them seem to still have a problem hooking up at the track.

With that said I'd really think twice about trading your car. I wouldn't mind going the opposite direction trade that you are thinking about sometimes, lol. It just feels like the interior is small in the mustang, but it could be my imagination.

Anyway, I wouldn't get a 99. They are harder to mod and really shouldn't be modded that much because of the rarity. I'd get a 94-95 or a really nice first gen. The thing I love the best about my car is that I can do anything I want to it and not feel bad. I wouldn't feel that way about a 99.
Pampena 3.5 Stroker, TiAL DR750s, ETS FMIC, FIC 1050s, Walbro 416/485, Chrome ECU, EVO MAF, Dejon intake pipes, Tial QR, DN Precats, Tanabe Medallion Touring, 3sx Single Pass Rad, Samco Hoses, Stoptechs,, Tein S-Techs, Bilstein HDs, Southbend FE Clutch, 300M O/S, Billet T-Case, 5 Speed Trans
Forest Gump is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

3000GT/Stealth International Message Center > Automotive Discussions > General

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 3000GT/Stealth International Message Center forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Free email addresses do not work(yahoo, hotmail, gmail,...)
We are currently being blocked by AOL so any AOL based address may not work(aol.com, aim.com, netscape.net, cs.com)
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.