Vibration at 65 MPH - 3000GT/Stealth International Message Center
3000GT/Stealth International 3000GT/Stealth International

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   3000GT/Stealth International Message Center > Automotive Discussions > General

3SI.org is the premier Mitsubishi 3000GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2011, 05:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member

BrianWSNC Level 1BrianWSNC Level 1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default Vibration at 65 MPH

I had a vibration in my car while driving from 65 to 80 MPH and had the tires balanced and checked.

they were ok, but the ball joints were somewhat worn.

I found that MOOG had replacement ball joints from Rockauto that were not expensive and will work. they have to be pressed in, but not a big deal for an equipped shop.

I had the ball joints replaced and there is NO vibration. It's been 6 months and still No vibration.

I hope this helps for those whom have that bothersome vibration that comes and goes.

Brian B
BrianWSNC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-08-2011, 05:43 PM   #2 (permalink)
...550WHP Club...

Drives: My wife insane
Sin'sVr4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Default Re: Vibration at 65 MPH

nice. I had a vibration before too and had the tires balanced and checked and they were perfect, come to find out i had a bad belt in my rear tire. They replaced it for free

551whp 641trq @ 26psi1/4 mile 11.80 @ 117 mph 91 VR4-E85 tune, 19T-HLs, 780 PTE inj, 3SX Fuel loop, ss fuel lines, weisco pistons, 3sx custom forged rods, forged crank, ported heads, HKS DLI, AEM EMS, AEM UEGO wideband, prosport oil and boost guages, aeromotive 1000 FPR,Walbro 400 E85 w/ 3sx hotwire kit w/ STM filter to pump line, Cxracing FMIC, Megan Racing Aluminum radiator, IPS DP, Borla 3" exhaust,Greddy Profec b spec 2, Blitz SS BOV,R1 Drilled slotted rotors, Drag DR-31 rims, RPS stage 4 unsprung clutch, Jacks transmission built tranny and broomfield billet tcase
Sin'sVr4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-08-2011, 05:51 PM   #3 (permalink)
Forum Member

Drives: 91 Stealth r/t tt
jcr5186 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews

Vibration issue I had once turned out to be a wheel bearing in my right rear wheel, didn't start to vibrate till about 90mph + though. Got that replaced and never had a problem since.

Mods: Free Boost Mod, Vacuum Reduction, EGR Block Off, Rebuilt Stock Turbos (markoverclock), Test Pipe, Gutted Pre Cats, NGK Copper Plugs, Magnecor 8.5 Wires, Cone Intake, Manual Boost Controller (12psi), 120k Done!, MB Competition 17X9 Wheels, Kumho Ecsta ASX, Aluminum Y-Pipe, New stock clutch!
jcr5186 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-08-2011, 05:53 PM   #4 (permalink)
the 3S whisperer

Drives: 95 mitz 3kgt vr4
gltasn is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 13 reviews

been chasing that dragon for 2 years. just had my wheels balanced 2x in a week and still there 65-80mph. i drove her to denali with my friend and his viper and after 600 miles i got sick of dealing with it and, just bought new rims and tires! put them on about an hour ago and fucking love them! no more vibration!
Old 08-08-2011, 06:06 PM   #5 (permalink)
Forum Member

Drives: Trailblazer SS
CarthageGT is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews

Someone posted something similar recently.

3000gt sl, shakes at 60+
CarthageGT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-2011, 06:16 AM   #6 (permalink)
Forum Member

BrianWSNC Level 1BrianWSNC Level 1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Thanks for the adds to the post guys. That will help the ones with shake and vibration issues on where to look

Carthage. That link was inconclusive. maybe it would be better to add this link to his post?

Brian B
BrianWSNC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-2011, 07:28 AM   #7 (permalink)
Forum Member

Drives: 93 Stealth R/T TT
3000gtObsessed Negative 1
Feedback Score: 8 reviews

Similar thing happened to me on a trip to vegas, had a slight vibration at highway speeds. Well me knowing this still decided to go against a G35 at 126 MPH on the way back to 29 Palms. Anyways beat the car but when I pulled over for gas and got back on the freeway the entire car stared to shake apart if I accelerated to fast and had to be super easy on the throttle. Got it back to base and took the front wheels off and the passenger side CV joint was disintegrated on the tire side it literally fell off without removing the wheel hub assembly. Scary day that was but a fun push on the freeway.

After Afghanistan my baby will be back on the road in no time.

Last edited by 3000gtObsessed; 08-09-2011 at 08:54 AM.
3000gtObsessed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-2011, 08:47 AM   #8 (permalink)
Pay it forward

Drives: With Both Hands
Adam7 Level 1Adam7 Level 1
Feedback Score: 5 reviews

Ive always liked moog, good stuff.
1998 3000GT SL: TT Conversion w/Chrome V2 ECU @13psi. IPS downpipe, Racepipe, Borla catback, Catless, polished Ypipe, Injen filter, Kurama intercooler hose's, 3sx fuel loop, Stm filter to rail, Hotwired fuel pump, Greddy+Mishimotto catch cans, Hallman pro MBC, Msd 8.5wires, FMOC, EVO9 BOV, 18x9 Saleens w/Nitto's, Powerslot rotors, Hawk pads, 5k Hid's,Marqui window tint, Tenzo racing seats, Weight reduction(289lbs),Gasket matched TB/upper/lower plenum,Polished exhaust manifold, Hdr front lip,UP rear strut bar,JDM Tails,Autometer sport comp gauges(center vent & pod) AEM WBO2
Adam7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

3000GT/Stealth International Message Center > Automotive Discussions > General

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 3000GT/Stealth International Message Center forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Free email addresses do not work(yahoo, hotmail, gmail,...)
We are currently being blocked by AOL so any AOL based address may not work(aol.com, aim.com, netscape.net, cs.com)
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.