Superlite Apex - 3000GT/Stealth International Message Center
3000GT/Stealth International 3000GT/Stealth International

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   3000GT/Stealth International Message Center > Automotive Discussions > General

3SI.org is the premier Mitsubishi 3000GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2013, 04:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
SIG FOR RENT!!!

Drives: 98/99 Vr4
jhut03 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Default Superlite Apex

Hey guys not sure if this has been posted yet or not but I have been lurking on gt40s.com because of the superlite sub forum. I love the SL-C so I read all I could about it. I saw a thread on there about a new car they are in the process of developing. Right now the car is done being shaped in clay to make the body off of. The car is actually a 95-99 eclipse or talon. They cut the front and back off the car leaving the cabin to have a nice oem feel to the interior. They then bolt on custom front and rear subframes on the car, moves either the 4g63 or a 6g72 in the rear of the car. Runs it fwd but obviously it will be rwd with it in the back. They are trying to appeal to the younger generation with this car and also make a cool car that could easily be a DD pending the engine setup. There is supposedly going to be a trunk in front and some room in back somehow.

The kit costs 20k as a roller from superlite. Comes with 18x9 forgestar wheels in the front and 19x13s in back, also will have 14 or 15 inch rotors in front with 6 piston calipers in front then 14 inch with 4 piston in back. Just like with all their kits you just have to supply the engine/trans.

I want to build one with a 6g74 stroker in it, I think it would make for an awesome car that would be a blast to drive and be something super rare.

here are the pics I have saved of the car in clay ready for molds made...

Advertisement

Old 05-06-2013, 09:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
Speed is our life-blood

Drives: 92 VR-4
Blue92 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Default Re: Superlite Apex

Frontisncool. Rear needs some work

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Blue92 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-06-2013, 09:59 PM   #3 (permalink)
thuanvinhny

Drives: 93 RT TT (Gorgeous)
thuanvinhny is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

So you are saying that this car will use what transmission ? Is there an AWD ? What will be the interior ? 95 eclipse interior ?

The front look too long, and the rear look too short for a rear engine car, but that is my PO. The side look good, the air vent too. The rear look real good. I like that rear with LED stripes. The front remind me of the 2002 Celica with an aftermarket bumper
thuanvinhny is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-06-2013, 10:03 PM   #4 (permalink)
SIG FOR RENT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thuanvinhny View Post
So you are saying that this car will use what transmission ? Is there an AWD ? What will be the interior ? 95 eclipse interior ?

The front look too long, and the rear look too short for a rear engine car, but that is my PO. The side look good, the air vent too. The rear look real good. I like that rear with LED stripes. The front remind me of the 2002 Celica with an aftermarket bumper
You use the transmission that comes with whatever engine you install. Id convert an awd trans to fwd. Someone is making plans to build one awd but its going to be a custom build. The cabin from the eclipse/talon is the only part used from the original car so it keeps the oem interior.
jhut03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-06-2013, 10:10 PM   #5 (permalink)
thuanvinhny

Drives: 93 RT TT (Gorgeous)
thuanvinhny is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhut03 View Post
You use the transmission that comes with whatever engine you install. Id convert an awd trans to fwd. Someone is making plans to build one awd but its going to be a custom build. The cabin from the eclipse/talon is the only part used from the original car so it keeps the oem interior.
Ah, i see. So if you put in 6g74 4.1 pampena long block stroker with twin ball bearings Garret turbos the beefed up Transmission from the SL, then you are going to have a crazy RWD.

The only thing else needed will be nice sound system and interior then.

I am guessing that engine setup will cost you around 20k easy, plus the car frame. That is easily 40k. Dang, what a hobby project.

It is a good, nice idea on paper, but i dont think it is that much cost effective
thuanvinhny is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-07-2013, 12:10 PM   #6 (permalink)
SIG FOR RENT!!!

Yeah that's true about being cost effective but heavily modding any car sucks on the pokey book. U just like this cuz it's going to be a light weight, mid engine, rare car. I also can use the very engine that I learned to work on. Any 4L or bigger would be a monster setup so I think it would be a blast!
Old 05-09-2013, 01:22 AM   #7 (permalink)
SIG FOR RENT!!!

Superlite GTA - GT40s.com

heres the link to the original thread for it...
Old 05-09-2013, 04:10 PM   #8 (permalink)
D3ADPOOL

Drives: 92TT,75vette,07sv650
75blackray Level 175blackray Level 1
Feedback Score: 9 reviews

Pretty neat. Any inclination of what the kit will weigh?
Old 05-09-2013, 04:38 PM   #9 (permalink)
SIG FOR RENT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75blackray View Post
Pretty neat. Any inclination of what the kit will weigh?
They havent given a number yet but said it should be lighter than a stock eclipse. Its geared more as a daily drive type of car so they arent trying to cut alot of weight like the SL-C only weighing 2300.
Old 05-09-2013, 05:53 PM   #10 (permalink)
D3ADPOOL

Drives: 92TT,75vette,07sv650
75blackray Level 175blackray Level 1
Feedback Score: 9 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhut03 View Post
They havent given a number yet but said it should be lighter than a stock eclipse. Its geared more as a daily drive type of car so they arent trying to cut alot of weight like the SL-C only weighing 2300.
Cool. So to swap in vr4 motor and trans, you would just have to figure out intercooling design, exhaust, and plumbing for fuel, oil, and cooling systems?
75blackray is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

3000GT/Stealth International Message Center > Automotive Discussions > General

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 3000GT/Stealth International Message Center forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Free email addresses do not work(yahoo, hotmail, gmail,...)
We are currently being blocked by AOL so any AOL based address may not work(aol.com, aim.com, netscape.net, cs.com)
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.