"Street Outlaws" - Page 3 - 3000GT/Stealth International Message Center
3000GT/Stealth International 3000GT/Stealth International

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   3000GT/Stealth International Message Center > Automotive Discussions > General

3SI.org is the premier Mitsubishi 3000GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2013, 10:56 AM   #21 (permalink)
Flasher

Drives: VR4 | SL | R/T
TwIzTeD_3kGt Level 2TwIzTeD_3kGt Level 2TwIzTeD_3kGt Level 2TwIzTeD_3kGt Level 2TwIzTeD_3kGt Level 2
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Default Re: "Street Outlaws"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarthageGT View Post
Good show just watched it. What happened to Tyler "Flip"? At the end of the show it said he passed away on May 28. The show is now dedicated to him. He seemed pretty young.
Just watched too, good show. Was wondering the same thing about Tyler. That sucks he didn't get to see the premier.

I do wonder though, why not just do all that at a track? Looks like everyone has the right safety equipment and what not. And no one seems to be actually driving their race cars on the street, other than when it offloads from the trailer to race.

1997 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4 - IPS 19T-L 93-Octane 20psi ~430awhp * PTE 550cc * Denso Supra Pump w/ STM Hot-wire Kit * SXP FPR@34psi * Coppers@.024 * Jester Dedd's PnP Flash ECU w/ Chrome V2 * Wiseco 8:1 +.035" * 3SX Rods * Spec 4+ * PMP FMIC w/ K&N FIPK * Montero MAF * Hallman Pro MBC * Greddy Type-S * Stillen DP w/ M2 CB * STM D2 Custom Coilovers * Maximal T-Case Brace & Solid F&R MM * AEM UEGO * Self-Tuned * 3-season DD * ~3,640lbs. Curb Weight
1993 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4 - Not sure yet.
1995 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL - Maximal Single-Shot Exhaust - Wife's 3-Season DD
1994 Dodge Stealth R/T - Restoration Project
TwIzTeD_3kGt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2013, 11:26 AM   #22 (permalink)
vice prez: TPW

Drives: '99 VR-4
J-Groove Level 3J-Groove Level 3J-Groove Level 3J-Groove Level 3J-Groove Level 3J-Groove Level 3J-Groove Level 3J-Groove Level 3
Feedback Score: 59 reviews

Recorded it, haven't watched it yet.

-John

--3Si# 592--'99 VR-4 #216/287 --
ROTM Dec. '07-- --Chromed ECU | 3SGTO Flash Tuning
J-Groove is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2013, 03:35 PM   #23 (permalink)
Forum Member

Drives: 1991 3000GT SL-TT
J-blueSL is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews

Shows awsome, that "farm truck" is one hell of a sleeper! and that "big chiefs" red turboed chevy pickup is no joke! and didn't he post on here not too long ago? about trying to set up a race with nelson?
J-blueSL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2013, 10:05 PM   #24 (permalink)
The MoonShine Man

Drives: 1xxx Whp
jrod Level 2jrod Level 2jrod Level 2jrod Level 2
Feedback Score: 46 reviews

Yes same guy who posted here when Nelson said he had the fastest street car. So Justin an my self were going to go to New York and race, and guess what. Nelson said no.

Any way, Tyler ea a good friend. Crazy as they come, it's not my place to post what happen. But I still can't believe he is gone
1992 Stealth: 40k Org Miles
2007 FJ: 6" RC Lift: 35's on XD Addicts
1995 Rx7 BWsx400,RacePort,Microtech
jrod is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-12-2013, 07:35 AM   #25 (permalink)
Supporting Vendor

Drives: '91 Stealth "ES"
Maximal Level 2Maximal Level 2Maximal Level 2Maximal Level 2
Feedback Score: 219 reviews

I wasn't very impressed and I'm sorry jrod but all that looks setup to me. I've never been to a big street race so maybe I'm wrong but I think setting up huge portable lights would be an invite for the cops showing up.

Cars are pretty bad ass though. I wish they'd focus more on them than the other BS and it might be worth the drama.

Maximal Performance
Maximal Performance Facebook
Maximal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-12-2013, 12:58 PM   #26 (permalink)
Man
Vr4 Owner As of 12-20-04

Drives: Red on Black 95 VR4
Man is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews

I liked the show. Thought the end was pretty gay when the "Race Master" went all bro-fag and flipped his shit. That is a white trash tough guy way to act and it only impresses dumb impressionable teens, not car guys.

Everything else, staged or not, was pretty entertaining. I liked it.
Old 06-12-2013, 01:13 PM   #27 (permalink)
Forum Member

Drives: 1992 Stealth R/T
Warzone is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwIzTeD_3kGt View Post
Just watched too, good show. Was wondering the same thing about Tyler. That sucks he didn't get to see the premier.

I do wonder though, why not just do all that at a track? Looks like everyone has the right safety equipment and what not. And no one seems to be actually driving their race cars on the street, other than when it offloads from the trailer to race.
Makes more dramatic that way, and I'm not too familiar with that area, but I've lived places where the only good race tracks are rarely open, or not open at all to the public. or just didn't have the right track to begin with...

Where I live now has plenty of race tracks, but they have short seasons so maybe 2 weekends or so for the 3 months they have them open they allow just whoever to come and race. This forces many of us to the street for grudge racing, or just looking to have some fun.

I unless its a full fledged race car, its stupid to trailer a car anywhere, especially if you still drive it around on the street...but thats just me.
Old 06-12-2013, 01:21 PM   #28 (permalink)
The MoonShine Man

Drives: 1xxx Whp
jrod Level 2jrod Level 2jrod Level 2jrod Level 2
Feedback Score: 46 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximal View Post
I wasn't very impressed and I'm sorry jrod but all that looks setup to me. I've never been to a big street race so maybe I'm wrong but I think setting up huge portable lights would be an invite for the cops showing up.

Cars are pretty bad ass though. I wish they'd focus more on them than the other BS and it might be worth the drama.
Its actuall street racing. Oklahoma has a law that allows cars to race on the street with a permit. So they obtain the permit, and race away. Thats why the lights are there. There will be more racing coming up that is not that way.
jrod is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-12-2013, 02:56 PM   #29 (permalink)
Forum Member

oohnoo Level 2oohnoo Level 2oohnoo Level 2oohnoo Level 2
Feedback Score: 270 reviews

Hot Shit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrod View Post
Its actuall street racing. Oklahoma has a law that allows cars to race on the street with a permit. So they obtain the permit, and race away. Thats why the lights are there. There will be more racing coming up that is not that way.

----------------[2007 Ride of the Year.................................. 3.5 Stroker I did. w/DBB DR1000's
oohnoo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-12-2013, 03:22 PM   #30 (permalink)
3SNY - HondaTurtleFTW

Drives: 92 VR-4
FluffyCow is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrod View Post
I think I wanna move to Oklahoma. Lol

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1991 Dodge Stealth ES
- The car that started the 3S obsession
Mods: Open air filter, "resonator" bottle removed

1991 Fiji/Mystic Blue R/T TT 1 of 235(paint/R/T TT only, can't find more info, VIN is a 1 of none number)
Sold 6/19/11 to my923ksl
1992 silver VR-4 - 1 of 152 identical
Show: 99 Sails, 99 rear garnish, 2nd-gen steering wheel, Kaze exhaust cover, Pioneer Premier h/u, aftermarket speakers(Alpine type s's I think), 10 inch JL W1 sub in spnallb corner box.
Go: 15G Turbos, FMIC, ATR DP, ACT clutch, 3-inch singleshot(Currently off car due to bottoming out), no cats, HKS SSQV BOV, PWR rad, Ksport coilovers, 3sx rear adj. control arms, fECU w/ FPR solenoid as BCS, Cianci gauge pod w/ Defi D-series(Boost, EGT, oil pres), 93 shifter.

1987 Dodge Ramcharger - The back-up plan. Mods: Non-computerized timing, custom white gauge faces and red LED illumination, cat-back straight pipe, Chevy seats, Ford running boards, and Mopar everything else.
Wife's ride: 2014 Hyundai Sonata 2.0T --still waiting for permission to mod.
FluffyCow is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

3000GT/Stealth International Message Center > Automotive Discussions > General

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 3000GT/Stealth International Message Center forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Free email addresses do not work(yahoo, hotmail, gmail,...)
We are currently being blocked by AOL so any AOL based address may not work(aol.com, aim.com, netscape.net, cs.com)
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.