So a customer drops his car off for an AEM tune - Page 3 - 3000GT/Stealth International Message Center
3000GT/Stealth International 3000GT/Stealth International

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   3000GT/Stealth International Message Center > Automotive Discussions > General

3SI.org is the premier Mitsubishi 3000GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2013, 01:01 PM   #21 (permalink)
I've been here way too long

Drives: 91 tsi
donniekak Level 1donniekak Level 1donniekak Level 1
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Default Re: So a customer drops his car off for an AEM tune

Nice, less power than stock.
donniekak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2013, 01:08 PM   #22 (permalink)
Ninja Performance

Drives: Vicki Insane
Import Power Level 4Import Power Level 4Import Power Level 4Import Power Level 4Import Power Level 4Import Power Level 4Import Power Level 4Import Power Level 4Import Power Level 4Import Power Level 4Import Power Level 4
Feedback Score: 221 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by benson8277 View Post
How much was she making before with all the tuning issues? I guess it's good they didn't run too much timing and blow the damn thing up like my tuners did me!!!

in for numbers..
This IS a before run. All I did was make sure the AFR wasn't dangerous and turned on knock control and fix the WB.

I haven't started tuning. About to finish lunch and get to it.

-Chris

91VR4-3.0L-Stock heads and Cams-835AWHP 747AWTQ Daily Driver 10.31@142mph on street tires
SLTT-10.9 @ 142MPH Stock NA engine and NA heads/Cams

T4 AWD 9.21 @ 154.98 (Chris Hill Driver/Builder/Tuner Car Owned by 3SX)
T2 FWD 10.19 @ 140.31 (Chris Hill Driver/Builder/Tuner Car Owned by 3SX)
T4-159.23 MPH Ran on 6G72 3.1L! (Chris Hill Driver/Builder/Tuner Car Owned by 3SX)
T4-995AWHP Uncorrected 6G72 3.0L C16 (Chris Hill Driver/Builder/Tuner Car Owned by 3SX)
T2-820FWHP 3.1L 27psi C16 (Chris Hill Driver/Builder/Tuner Car Owned by 3SX)

3000GT/Stealth Drag and Dyno Database
Import Power is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2013, 03:11 PM   #23 (permalink)
Ninja Performance

Drives: Vicki Insane
Import Power Level 4Import Power Level 4Import Power Level 4Import Power Level 4Import Power Level 4Import Power Level 4Import Power Level 4Import Power Level 4Import Power Level 4Import Power Level 4Import Power Level 4
Feedback Score: 221 reviews

Ok, so I started fresh.
Funny, the old map was setup so that the max raw number on the fuel table was 65. So even adding or subtracting 1 is a large percentage.

Setup basics and a basic conservative timing map still probably 5 degrees back. And on the rich side.

One outing with a few pulls. Yeah, she fees stronger. Still breaks up real bad when it hits 12-14psi. He has NGK copper 7's supposed to be gapped to 28 but I will pull and check, and a kennebell boostaspark. May remove that and see how it runs.

This was a first shot in the dark and set up rich for safety, missed it a bit as it's running 10.1 in boost. But that's easily fixed. Cruised a while and got cruise and accel/decel pretty good.

So even running 10.1 AFR (LOL) as compared to the 11.5-11.9 it was running, same boost, it picked up 50hp and 79 ft lbs tq.

-Chris
Attached Images
File Type: jpg run2.jpg (86.8 KB, 59 views)
Import Power is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2013, 03:56 PM   #24 (permalink)
Drunk as a lord

Drives: 1995 Stealth TT
Forest Gump Level 2Forest Gump Level 2Forest Gump Level 2Forest Gump Level 2Forest Gump Level 2Forest Gump Level 2
Feedback Score: 102 reviews

good progress already
Pampena 3.5 Stroker, TiAL DR750s, ETS FMIC, FIC 1050s, Walbro 416/485, Chrome ECU, EVO MAF, Dejon intake pipes, Tial QR, DN Precats, Tanabe Medallion Touring, 3sx Single Pass Rad, Samco Hoses, Stoptechs,, Tein S-Techs, Bilstein HDs, Southbend FE Clutch, 300M O/S, Billet T-Case, 5 Speed Trans
Forest Gump is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2013, 03:57 PM   #25 (permalink)
curt93T/T

Drives: 93 & 96 TT Stealth
Curt93T/T is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 18 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by donniekak View Post
Nice, less power than stock.
Apparently you don't know that the 300HP (320HP 2nd gen) rating is not the wheels where the dyno is showing 250 at the wheels.
93TT Stealth, mods include: Tial BOV, IPS polished FMIC, polished pre-turbo pipes & upper radiator pipe, dual AEM filters, full ATR setup, GReddy PRofec E-01 boost controller, MAP-ECU, EVO III's, Titan headers, 3SX modified thermostat housing, Maximal front and rear solid mounts, cryo'd stage 4 FE South Bend clutch with Fidanza aluminum flywheel, Defi Advance BF EGT gauge x2, AEM Wideband, white faced cluster gauges, Kenne Bell Boost-a-pump, denso fuel pump, Denso 720 injectors, Bob's short throw shifter, Jack's front custom crush bar replacement, 99 front end conversion with Cianci Viper hood and 1970 Boss Mustang hood pins, TEIN lowering springs, powerstop cross drilled.
96TT Stealth #53 of 57, mods include: DNP hardpipe kit, Borla exhaust.
Curt93T/T is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2013, 04:02 PM   #26 (permalink)
In a metal band with JCVD

Drives: With maladies
Willens himself Level 1Willens himself Level 1
Feedback Score: 10 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curt93T/T View Post
Apparently you don't know that the 300HP (320HP 2nd gen) rating is not the wheels where the dyno is showing 250 at the wheels.
Huh? Donnie definitely knows the basics, and even then 205 is less than ~250 by my math.

1993 3000GT VR-4 Purchased 1/20/12 - 500AWHP pump build
1990 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo Purchased 6/15/13 - Getting BPU 450RWHP
2003 SVT Cobra Terminator Purchased 10/01/2013 - Ditching factory Eaton for TT setup 750RWHP
Willens himself is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2013, 06:03 PM   #27 (permalink)
Envious for a VR-4

NOMIEZVR-4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews

this should get interesting real quick...
Old 01-29-2013, 06:06 PM   #28 (permalink)
curt93T/T

Drives: 93 & 96 TT Stealth
Curt93T/T is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 18 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willens himself View Post
Huh? Donnie definitely knows the basics, and even then 205 is less than ~250 by my math.
I see what I did, I looked at the torque thinking it was HP.
Curt93T/T is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2013, 02:22 PM   #29 (permalink)
Paid Member

Drives: 3000GT
slava is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Import Power View Post
Then I thought, Let me check the base timing. This needs to be set before anything else to ensure when the AEM puts out 15 degrees, the engine will actually be at 15 degrees.

-Chris
Thank you for reminder Chris. I have set my AEM ignition 6 years ago and it is probably a good time to check if the timing still matches.
Thanks for shipping pump and injectors really quick. Iam planning to install and run E85 real soon. Any AEM maps you can share? It would be helpfull to go through other people maps just to see if something stands out. I had opened my map so many times that I stopped noticing issues. Recently I found i have no IAT/Fuel trim setup. ;( Thats why my cold starts were always a pain.
Old 01-30-2013, 04:23 PM   #30 (permalink)
Forum Member

Drives: 92 Dodge Stealth RT
jonc is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews

Hey Chris, what city are you in? If not too far from the border, I may drive down to have you tweak my car one day.

Firestorm Red 92 Stealth FWD RT/TT - Performance: K&N, Magnaflow Exhaust, NGK Spark Plug Wires, SUPERMAC strut bars, Megan Coilovers, ADDCO Rear Sway, Hardrace Toe/Camber Arms Interior: Leather boots, Aluminum Door Grilles, ID Chameleons, US AMPS, Alpine Deck, Alpine Imprint, Custom Battery-in-trunk relocate Exterior: Debadged, Candy Red Valve Covers, STEALTH Spark Plug Cover, Enkei RPF1 Gold 17x8, TT Brake Upgrade, Alum Crank Pulley,TT Conversion, Forged Pistons and Pauter Rods, Lat-42 Pop Up Projectors
jonc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

3000GT/Stealth International Message Center > Automotive Discussions > General

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 3000GT/Stealth International Message Center forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Free email addresses do not work(yahoo, hotmail, gmail,...)
We are currently being blocked by AOL so any AOL based address may not work(aol.com, aim.com, netscape.net, cs.com)
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.